Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

The start of something new or just a occasion?

L_217L_217 Posts: 109 ★★
With the Iron Man buff hitting in place of a new release for a champion, does this mean that going forward we could get full reworks as an counting additions for our champion cadence or will that just be the case for September only? Any response from kabam would be appreciated on this subject.

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,627 ★★★★★

We'll have to see. This is the first that we're doing and we're all really excited to see how this plays out, but we have to keep the game's health and success in mind as well.

If this goes well, and we see a Buff perform as well (or at least... comparable to) a new Champion, then we have the potential for more in the future.

And yes, we know that most people have Iron man, and we'll take that into account when looking at the data.

I want to see this for black widow next so badly as thats cool seeing im buffed getting shown instead of just in patch notes also how the buff looks more like a new champ than anything which is kinda hype for him with his new specials especially the sp3
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,102 ★★★★★

We'll have to see. This is the first that we're doing and we're all really excited to see how this plays out, but we have to keep the game's health and success in mind as well.

If this goes well, and we see a Buff perform as well (or at least... comparable to) a new Champion, then we have the potential for more in the future.

And yes, we know that most people have Iron man, and we'll take that into account when looking at the data.

Does this mean you will be selling crystals with a chance to get 7* (buffed) Iron Man? Will there be an early release bundle ahead of the release of the buff or will the buff go live with the patch?
    I doubt they'll be added to the 7* pool for buffed champs but it's possible.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★

Does this mean you will be selling crystals with a chance to get 7* (buffed) Iron Man? Will there be an early release bundle ahead of the release of the buff or will the buff go live with the patch?
    To me, it would make more sense for when the pool is updated he gets slid into it; I'm hopeful that they will just introduce him into the base 7* pool when it updates, but they might slot him into the Titan pool. I don't imagine a release bundle, but the next time his "featured" crystals come around they might use that as an opportunity to update the pool and crystal.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,710 Guardian
    edited August 2023
    Wicket329 said:

Will the reworked Iron Man (and hopefully future reworked champions released similarly) also be subject to the champion tuning period?

Yes iron man is subject to the 6 month rebalnce program. For future reworks it is probably going to be based off of how well iron man does for sales. I don't imagine netmarble will allow kabam to do this ever again if it costs them money

• Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Will the reworked Iron Man (and hopefully future reworked champions released similarly) also be subject to the champion tuning period? I hope they are, as that will give the team all the opportunity they need to really knock it out of the park on these iconic characters.

I believe Kabam has said in the past that they don't ignore a champion just because they have been reworked, so I can imagine they will be monitoring things once the rework of Iron Man goes live. If they need to tune him up or down, it's a reasonable assumption they will.
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    the more I think about this, the less I hate it. so many older champs need a proper revamp, not just a half baked numbers tweak, so honestly getting a "new" re-released champ every few months seems fine.
  • Options
    kevhugokevhugo Posts: 138 ★★
    I think this is great, Og Iron man will feel like a new champ with the new animations and design, from the video they look amazing as well. I think this isn't a bad alternative to getting a new champ.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 709 ★★★
    Could we do Cyclops as a try for the next one.

Sure @Kabam Miike would agreed, the poor lad deserved a bit better (especially the Blue one) 😉
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 709 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    ahmynuts said:

Fryday said:

Could we do Cyclops as a try for the next one.

Sure @Kabam Miike would agreed, the poor lad deserved a bit better (especially the Blue one) 😉

How dare you sir. Saying that about the most effective champ(s) in the game. For shame!
    I'm so sorry so sorry, please teach me of my ignorant way by showing how OP Blue Cyclops is in October Champions Reveal and Deep Dive 😉🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,432 ★★★★★

So basically what you're saying is the tree is next 👀
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★

Sooooo.... Moon Knight next month?
  • Options
    L_217L_217 Posts: 109 ★★

This is exciting news for me. Hopefully this gives new lease on the success of older champs and how to bring them to the fray.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,432 ★★★★★
    L_217 said:

So then you wanna place bets?

Yes, and you'd better pray I'm right for your own sake lol I've got to give it to you though, takes some massive balls to do what you did.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    L_217 said:

So then you wanna place bets?

I bet Venom the duck but i hope for you that it is groot
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,398 ★★★★★

Hi Miike,

Hopefully the advent of 7* champs does give your team the opportunity to improve old champions whilst still making a 'new' 7* pull.

This seems to be the first official response, so thanks - but do you have any other information/details to share?

Yours, always championing the cause for classic champion buffs,

Magrailothos