Energy

WzzrddWzzrdd Member Posts: 85
What is going on with energy costs. Normally the lower levels are 1 energy now it’s all 2 what is up with that

Comments

• RicitonRiciton Member Posts: 106
    They haven't removed paths though. Uncollected EQ quest 1 has always been 3 paths, it is still 3 paths and costs 3 energy per tile. Also the scoring for event quest completion solo event hasn't changed so you use more energy to complete the quest and fail on the solo event unless you use a lot of energy refills. I just hope that the energy cost doesn't go up from 3 per tile.
  • vsknight89vsknight89 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2023
    Riciton said:

They haven't removed paths though. Uncollected EQ quest 1 has always been 3 paths, it is still 3 paths and costs 3 energy per tile. Also the scoring for event quest completion solo event hasn't changed so you use more energy to complete the quest and fail on the solo event unless you use a lot of energy refills. I just hope that the energy cost doesn't go up from 3 per tile.

You need to checkout the last chapter. 5 energy and 4 for the one before 😭😭😭

• MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    Riciton said:

The first quest is the same yes but almost every quest after has less paths
    Well I dread to think what the uncollected quest will be like, it will likely take me all month just to complete it. I think it's time to uninstall the game again and take another 3 year break.
    Uncollected is costing way more energy. I used to run through it twice on full energy now I can only do 1 run at a time. I'm not a happy chappy with this change if I'm to be honest.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,362 Guardian
    Overall it takes like 120 less energy to explore the EQ, and with less paths, that means legend runs of Proven and conquerer difficulties have gotten that much faster.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,577 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Overall it takes like 120 less energy to explore the EQ, and with less paths, that means legend runs of Proven and conquerer difficulties have gotten that much faster.

People still honestly care about those?
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 772 ★★★★
    From the link in the bright yellow banner up top:

"Energy cost per node has increased a little to compensate for this so you will find that completion takes a little more energy than before, but also that you require less energy than before to explore!"
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,226 ★★★★★

"Energy cost per node has increased a little to compensate for this so you will find that completion takes a little more energy than before, but also that you require less energy than before to explore!"

You cant expect people to read. That's just insane
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,362 Guardian
    Buttehrs said:

Pikolu said:

People still honestly care about those?
    Yes
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 772 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

You cant expect people to read. That's just insane
    One can hope
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

Reading? We don't do that here
    I was elected to lead not to read haha! In all honesty though by my calculation as I've got to chapter 3 of uncollected event quest, it's 6 of one half dozen of the other. Remove a path and increase the energy cost it all still works out more or less the same so really it's pointless except it's now even harder to score points in the event quest completion solo event.
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 916 ★★★
    Riciton said:

1.1 is 3 paths. Same as the old set up.
    1.2 is 3 paths. Old set up was 4.
    2.1 is 4 paths. Old set up was 5.
    2.2 is 4 paths. Old set up was 5.
    3.1 is 5 paths. Old set up was 6.
    3.2 is 5 paths. Old set up was 7.

Uh... yeah... they removed 6 total paths from the EQ. In addition the paths in each quest are shorter... fewer moves. Energy cost (yes even with the increased energy per move in the new set up) is essentially a wash.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★
    Jfc, don't you people get tired of whining about everything nonstop? Like, people are really considering dropping the game because nodes cost a little more energy now? Like what the actual F.

Not even just Mcoc either. All I see on gaming subreddits/forums anymore is just constant complaints about everything. It's exhausting.