Device compatibility new update

I downloaded marvel contest of champion on my samung galaxy note 4 android version6 on Google playstore on the 3rd of this month due to change of device. So I went to playstore again now trying to update for this month but getting error message saying the game won't work on my device. Meanwhile I downloaded it 2 days ago and working perfectly till now. Am just unable to update. I have been playing for over 6 years now on my two accounts. One paragon and one thronebreaker, but now I can't access the game anymore because of the new version requirement update.I don't have money to get another phone. Please i hope you listen to this single crying player, I beg you, make the minimum to be version 6

Comments

• Mohammad07Mohammad07 Member Posts: 183 ★★
    Facing the same problem on my other phone
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    Latest “Device Compatibility” increased the requirements

• Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    WaeLs said:

I downloaded marvel contest of champion on my samung galaxy note 4 android version6 on Google playstore on the 3rd of this month due to change of device. So I went to playstore again now trying to update for this month but getting error message saying the game won't work on my device. Meanwhile I downloaded it 2 days ago and working perfectly till now. Am just unable to update. I have been playing for over 6 years now on my two accounts. One paragon and one thronebreaker, but now I can't access the game anymore because of the new version requirement update.I don't have money to get another phone. Please i hope you listen to this single crying player, I beg you, make the minimum to be version 6

its not that simple.
    they can't just keep supporting older versions.
    they would be limiting what they can do.

1- sometimes new game features require certain versions.
    certain things only become possible under certain versions.
    if they want to take advantage of newer features they need to not support older stuff

2- device hardware. newer features would just not work.

3- the changes in code and stuff in the OS's just make it hard to have stuff work across too many versions.

imagine trying to make a new playstation 5 game work on a playstation 2.
    just can't happen.
  • WaeLsWaeLs Member Posts: 11
    Maat1985 said:

WaeLs said:

its not that simple.

if they want to take advantage of newer features they need to not support older stuff

3- the changes in code and stuff in the OS's just make it hard to have stuff work across too many versions.

just can't happen.
    Omg bro. Do you work for kabam? ; (
    Or do you have a v8 old device you can ship me?
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,207 ★★★★★
    WaeLs said:

Maat1985 said:

WaeLs said:

its not that simple.

just can't happen.
    I think you just don't know how technology works
    ahmynuts said:

WaeLs said:

Maat1985 said:

WaeLs said:

its not that simple.

just can't happen.
    Do you? But you can't understand a simple sentence.
    My post is not a complaint post. It was a pleading post to kabam to make the game available for v6 because I can't afford new phones. Have been playing for six years so it makes me sad. So yall stop stating the obvious
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,207 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    WaeLs said:

ahmynuts said:

WaeLs said:

Maat1985 said:

WaeLs said:

its not that simple.

just can't happen.
    My post is not a complaint post. It was a pleading post to kabam to make the game available for v6 because I can't afford new phones. Have been playing for six years so it makes me sad. So yall stop stating the obvious
    I do, which is why I said you don't. They can't just "make the game available" for lower tech (which is obvious if you give it .5 milliseconds of thought). That's why newer game consoles exist and higher levels of graphic cards and components exist. The software will eventually outgrow old hardware. That's just how it is. Check yourself before trying to clap back on someone.
    ahmynuts said:

WaeLs said:

ahmynuts said:

WaeLs said:

Maat1985 said:

WaeLs said:

its not that simple.

just can't happen.
    I do, which is why I said you don't. They can't just "make the game available" for lower tech (which is obvious if you give it .5 milliseconds of thought). That's why newer game consoles exist and higher levels of graphic cards and components exist. The software will eventually outgrow old hardware. That's just how it is. Check yourself before trying to clap back on someone.
    Lol okay let's keep it cool, am sorry if I said anything wrong. No hard feelings bro.