**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

EQ energy requirement

it's either I was living under a rock, or the energy requirement went up from 2-3-3 (chapter 1-2-3 respectively) to 3-4-5 (chapter 1-2-3 respectively).
what am I missing here, was this announced anywhere?

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,544 ★★★★★
    They reduced the number of paths in some of the quests to compensate for the increase in energy. So less time to 100%>
  • Options
    Pdexter86Pdexter86 Posts: 81
    It’s less energy overall to explore but it does feel weird
  • Options
    MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 149 ★★
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up
  • Options
    Ericson23Ericson23 Posts: 115
    Is there any comparison of data on EQ energy before and after the change?
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Ericson23 said:

Is there any comparison of data on EQ energy before and after the change?

I’m willing to do the math if someone tells me how many paths are in each quest
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 259 ★★★
    It was announced but it's still a scummy move to make it 5 per tile. Another attempt to get us to use units on energy and not hoard...

Although saying that, I refuse to use my units for energy refills unless I really have to. It's actually causing me close the game and do other things with my time while my energy refreshes. So it's probably a good change for me lol....

Thank God I don't do Battlegrounds so I don't need to worry about that added energy expense.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,550 ★★★★★
    Having said that, these are fairly dramatic changes in how the side-quest works.

Over the course of a 23-hour period, it will be much more energy-demanding to gather rewards from the 23-hr Events for Event Quests and Hero Use.

I hope that redesigning those is on their to-do list...
  • Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 209 ★★
    I find it really helpful to have less paths for exploration, feels like a nice change to me so far.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 977 ★★★
    Old EQ was 1294 energy total. New one is 1225. So it's 69 energy cheaper or about 1 less energy refill.
  • Options
    Ericson23Ericson23 Posts: 115
    phil56201 said:

Old EQ was 1294 energy total. New one is 1225. So it's 69 energy cheaper or about 1 less energy refill.

Thanks for your reply, Good to know
  • Options
    Paradise9Paradise9 Posts: 4
    I don't like the change. Hope they change it back.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 831 ★★★
    Paradise9 said:

I don't like the change. Hope they change it back.

Out of sheer morbid curiosity... why? What exactly don't you like? Please be specific.
  • Options
    Paradise9Paradise9 Posts: 4
    edited September 2023
    Its just more satisfying for me personally to get in more play on a full energy pool. No need to be "morbidly" curious, there's nothing grisly about this point of view. Everyone gets one, friend.

Furthermore, it nerfs some of the solo achieves such as 'hero use', or 'cosmic combat' etc. Overall less fun, that's my opinion.
  • Options
    I auto fought contender while Hero Use was up and got the top rank rewards bracket. So going to politely disagree with your "nerfing of solo events" argument.

So to understand your personal satisfaction, you would prefer to use 1 full energy refill for a single path instead of a path and a half, say, on a full energy refill?

I hope you're able to find a different way to have fun playing now. I find it more fun and fulfilling to be able to finish EQ quicker and have more time for other content. But I'm morbid that way...
  • Options
    Oh and the morbid adjective was modifying my curiosity, not your post or what you wrote.

Sorry you took it as grisly.