**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kabam will you be compensating for elder marks that we lose out on due to new system

24

Comments

  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,437 ★★★★
    Danxor said:

    Kabam Jax said:

    The answer is: no, we will not be compensating you.

    If you're aware that your Elder Mark inventory is capped... spend you Elder Marks before receiving more.

    Kind of hard to spend 2200 marks before we get more, when after playing 5 matches the game forces 2200 on you instead of to the overflow.
    Seems like you should end the season with less than 6800 marks
  • GolivarezGolivarez Posts: 154 ★★
    I can’t believe people are just like it’s ok I’m fine with wasted elder marks. Kabam has every player trained to just agree with there stupid decisions now.
  • obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 692 ★★★
    I just want to know how OP's potential legal claim is going to work.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,930 ★★★★★
    Golivarez said:

    I can’t believe people are just like it’s ok I’m fine with wasted elder marks. Kabam has every player trained to just agree with there stupid decisions now.

    *their
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

    If its auto-claimed, then surely there is a problem that needs to be addressed and not fault it at players

    Use the Elder Marks. What is the point on sitting on 9k EM's? Use them. That's what they're for. It makes zero sense to sit on that many EM's.
    Yes though. We can save elder marks for a season or two to spend all of them on a single season to rank in solo event
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,813 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Wasy1 said:

    Kabam Jax said:

    The answer is: no, we will not be compensating you.

    If you're aware that your Elder Mark inventory is capped... spend you Elder Marks before receiving more.

    How we suppose to spend 2200 marks in 5 matches?
    By not hoarding your marks in the first place. They are meant to be used not hoarded. It's your own fault that they hit the cap. People are so scared of using their marks to enter BGs because they don't want to waste them, Kabam didn't make you use energy instead of marks. You did it to yourself.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,813 ★★★★★

    If its auto-claimed, then surely there is a problem that needs to be addressed and not fault it at players

    Use the Elder Marks. What is the point on sitting on 9k EM's? Use them. That's what they're for. It makes zero sense to sit on that many EM's.
    Yes though. We can save elder marks for a season or two to spend all of them on a single season to rank in solo event
    Then you would buy more with units if you wanted to tryhard for placement in the event no? Isn't that what the option is there for?
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Posts: 58
    Same question for me, I dont hoard but score approx 300k-400k a season. Am in active ally and get lot of EMs back. My current Elder Marks is around 6.5k. If I win my next 5 matches, it may go to waste . Is there a overflow for EM ?
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 648 ★★★★
    BeastDad said:

    Wasy1 said:

    Kabam Jax said:

    The answer is: no, we will not be compensating you.

    If you're aware that your Elder Mark inventory is capped... spend you Elder Marks before receiving more.

    How we suppose to spend 2200 marks in 5 matches?
    This is my question also. I did not hoard by any means, just didn't lose many matches last season.
    Because elder's marks aren't given in GC for climbing through during the season (or if you get stuck in upper VT tiers), there is only so much you can get during the season that doesn't immediately get replenished. They also made it abundantly clear that seeding was coming and that you would get those rewards after just five matches. It's not hard to just play enough matches with those marks at the end of last season to make sure you don't go over the limit now
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,612 ★★★★★
    Golivarez said:

    I can’t believe people are just like it’s ok I’m fine with wasted elder marks. Kabam has every player trained to just agree with there stupid decisions now.

    I can't believe people hoard max elder marks instead of using them.
    I wouldn't defend Kabam; but they could choose not to give any, that way you don't have any to waste.
  • GolivarezGolivarez Posts: 154 ★★
    If they came out and just said we need more revenue buy elder marks I’d be fine with it but they disguise it as a pro player move to save time when it’s clearly a way to get people to waste elders. Raise the cap at least do something don’t just shame the players into wasting them
  • Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    This might be one of the more... out of tune summoners on the forums....

    seriously will you stop complaining about every single thing??? If you don't like the game, leave, uninstall and touch some grass. No one here will mind...
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 648 ★★★★
    BeastDad said:

    BeastDad said:

    Wasy1 said:

    Kabam Jax said:

    The answer is: no, we will not be compensating you.

    If you're aware that your Elder Mark inventory is capped... spend you Elder Marks before receiving more.

    How we suppose to spend 2200 marks in 5 matches?
    This is my question also. I did not hoard by any means, just didn't lose many matches last season.
    Because elder's marks aren't given in GC for climbing through during the season (or if you get stuck in upper VT tiers), there is only so much you can get during the season that doesn't immediately get replenished. They also made it abundantly clear that seeding was coming and that you would get those rewards after just five matches. It's not hard to just play enough matches with those marks at the end of last season to make sure you don't go over the limit now
    Still no reason that they could not hit overflow.
    Yes, going to overflow would be nicer. However, people should still have anticipated this and acted accordingly
  • Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Posts: 320 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

    Wasy1 said:

    Kabam Jax said:

    The answer is: no, we will not be compensating you.

    If you're aware that your Elder Mark inventory is capped... spend you Elder Marks before receiving more.

    How we suppose to spend 2200 marks in 5 matches?
    By not hoarding your marks in the first place. They are meant to be used not hoarded. It's your own fault that they hit the cap. People are so scared of using their marks to enter BGs because they don't want to waste them, Kabam didn't make you use energy instead of marks. You did it to yourself.
    How much is the cap?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,751 ★★★★★
    Trophy tokens same thing. I mean, they can be spent on something at least, just in poor choices overall just to not get capped
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 931 ★★★★★
    I’ll be honest I didn’t realise there was a cap to Elders Marks. Assumed they were like Gold and Units which have no cap. Not sure why there would need to be a cap on them.

    But also don’t no why you’d want to hoard so many. If you’re not going to use them, why complain if you cap out on them.

    Is there an epidemic of players who are going to go over the elders marks cap because of this?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,930 ★★★★★
    Golivarez said:

    If they came out and just said we need more revenue buy elder marks I’d be fine with it but they disguise it as a pro player move to save time when it’s clearly a way to get people to waste elders. Raise the cap at least do something don’t just shame the players into wasting them

    How are they going to get revenue from you if you're capped out and keep earning more by going up in rank?
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 648 ★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

    I’ll be honest I didn’t realise there was a cap to Elders Marks. Assumed they were like Gold and Units which have no cap. Not sure why there would need to be a cap on them.

    But also don’t no why you’d want to hoard so many. If you’re not going to use them, why complain if you cap out on them.

    Is there an epidemic of players who are going to go over the elders marks cap because of this?

    I try to be around the max in case of times like season 9 with the extra rewards. Because I had so much extra, I didn't have to worry about not hitting the 400K without spending units. The tradeoff though is the constant balance of not going over the cap
  • FieryWaterFieryWater Posts: 51
    I think many people here are missing the point. It was articulated very poorly by OP, but at the very least we should be allowed to blow any excess elder marks before having a few thousand added to our inventory. Personally, my win rate is much higher in VT than GC, so not only do I get fewer matches in VT to get points, I also lose EMs because I don’t have any control over when I claim them :(
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 648 ★★★★

    I think many people here are missing the point. It was articulated very poorly by OP, but at the very least we should be allowed to blow any excess elder marks before having a few thousand added to our inventory. Personally, my win rate is much higher in VT than GC, so not only do I get fewer matches in VT to get points, I also lose EMs because I don’t have any control over when I claim them :(

    If you're in that position now, it's frustrating. But not trying to be disrespectful, but why wouldn't people have considered at the end of last season that they were about to have a sudden influx now?
Sign In or Register to comment.