Options

Once Again BG… But even earlier

Comments

• Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 809 ★★★
    This is kinda related to the issue I was thinking about. I've never gone past Silver because I don't do BG much.

What's a good tier to settle in and get my wins for the objectives? Really don't want to go all out...just want that last 20 dust with minimal fuss.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,156 ★★★★★

This is kinda related to the issue I was thinking about. I've never gone past Silver because I don't do BG much.

What's a good tier to settle in and get my wins for the objectives? Really don't want to go all out...just want that last 20 dust with minimal fuss.

Its impossible to tell. This is like season 9 in a slightly minor scale. The last 20 dust for ascension being an objective reward makes all players participate so you will find big and small accounts participating in every tier.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

You do have almost four weeks to win 10 matches.

Not that simple I’m afraid
    How is it not lmao
    4 weeks of beating your head against a wall isn't exactly simple.
    BGs is designed to deter players from beating their head against the wall. Play other modes, progress your roster, hit it again and you will make so much more progress than spending that time queueing and requeueing matches you already know you're going to lose
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,331 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    BGs is designed to deter players from beating their head against the wall. Play other modes, progress your roster, hit it again and you will make so much more progress than spending that time queueing and requeueing matches you already know you're going to lose
    So your answer to people having issues with the setup is to play something else.
    Groundbreaking.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    So your answer to people having issues with the setup is to play something else.
    Groundbreaking.
    Literally yes. There's not a single mode in mcoc designed to allow players to play only that mode and make meaningful progress. If you can't get that, it's not wonder you're not getting anywhere.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Groundbreaking.
    Literally yes. There's not a single mode in mcoc designed to allow players to play only that mode and make meaningful progress. If you can't get that, it's not wonder you're not getting anywhere.
    Ah, yes. There's the quintessential personal shot.

It's the same dismissive arguments surrounding these discussions. Get better....play something else....it's a competition....people want easy Rewards....this is how it should be....you've been given a free ride....
    The list goes on and on.
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Respectfully if you can't get 10 wins in 4 weeks you dont deserve rewards lol. Plus the season just started so of course there is gonna be a lot of paragons in plat still.
    10 Wins for the Objectives is doable, but progress among a cluster of Players who ranged the GC isn't.
    My whole point was that 10 wins is doable nothing about progress. Plus even if someone is road blocked in BGs, simply work on your account. A competitive mode shouldn't favor smaller accounts to begin with. Your skills have to make up for lack of roster depth.
    Not that simple when you're coming up against all the other Players who have been in the GC every Season. No matter what little you Rank and grow, they're growing 10 times more over time. So you have Season after Season of trying to string Wins with one Token per Win, in an accelerated gauntlet.
    In any case, I misunderstood the argument and that was because I skimmed too fast. 10 Wins for the Objectives is doable.
    One day I’d love for You to explain why you Capitalize some game-related Words but not Others (just Curious)
  • Options
    o_o said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Respectfully if you can't get 10 wins in 4 weeks you dont deserve rewards lol. Plus the season just started so of course there is gonna be a lot of paragons in plat still.
    10 Wins for the Objectives is doable, but progress among a cluster of Players who ranged the GC isn't.
    My whole point was that 10 wins is doable nothing about progress. Plus even if someone is road blocked in BGs, simply work on your account. A competitive mode shouldn't favor smaller accounts to begin with. Your skills have to make up for lack of roster depth.
    Not that simple when you're coming up against all the other Players who have been in the GC every Season. No matter what little you Rank and grow, they're growing 10 times more over time. So you have Season after Season of trying to string Wins with one Token per Win, in an accelerated gauntlet.
    In any case, I misunderstood the argument and that was because I skimmed too fast. 10 Wins for the Objectives is doable.
    One day I’d love for You to explain why you Capitalize some game-related Words but not Others (just Curious)
    I've explained it before. It's just a literary habit. If something is a name or a title, or commonly-accepted nomenclature, then I just capitalize out of habit.
    I.E. materials vs. "Materials"
  • Options

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Groundbreaking.

It's the same dismissive arguments surrounding these discussions. Get better....play something else....it's a competition....people want easy Rewards....this is how it should be....you've been given a free ride....
    The list goes on and on.
    It's dismissive to you because you're being told you won't get exactly what you want. If you want to play a game mode where you will continue to make progress no matter what by just playing over and over again, stop playing competitive modes. BGs is designed to cap you out at a certain point. If you're upset with how low your cap is, the only way to change that is by getting better and building your roster. If you don't want to do either of those things, you will not progress.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    This doesn't make any sense at all.
    GC players start at Plat 1
    Matchmaking shelte finishes around Plat 3 or Plat 2. They wouldnt play against anyone who was in GC before Plat1.
    Keeping the 2 win 1 loss token system would make people hit their roof at Plat 3 or 2 a lot faster and they would have a hard time doing their objectives.
    This is not about everyone playing it, its about everyone making it to GC and the rewards.
    Sure keep the 2-1 token system let them reach Plat 2 on day 1 or 7 or 15 and then be unable to do any 48hs objectives, and miss out on a bunch of rewards... genius
  • Options

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Groundbreaking.

The list goes on and on.
    It's dismissive to you because you're being told you won't get exactly what you want. If you want to play a game mode where you will continue to make progress no matter what by just playing over and over again, stop playing competitive modes. BGs is designed to cap you out at a certain point. If you're upset with how low your cap is, the only way to change that is by getting better and building your roster. If you don't want to do either of those things, you will not progress.
    It's dismissive because it ignores some very key points because some people are quite satisfied with others having a problem with it. There are times when it's just a "Player needs to adjust and move past it." situation. I don't say much in those cases, other than a few words of encouragement.
    When there are flaws that are being whitewashed because they don't affect the people who are too advanced to care, then I say something.
    Having a system that people will keep trying and progress over time in is exactly what I want. If you're arguing that this is it, we will have to disagree. Further changes need to be made, and I will continue to point that out.
    I'm never this outspoken about something that involves "getting what I want", or doesn't affect a number of others.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 981 ★★★★
    yeah i'm really liking the changes they made with the seeding and rewards. basically playing 5 matches gave you all the cummulative rewards from bronze all the way to platinum which was 25k trophy tokens, etc... so with the dust thing objetives also containted trophy and also we have the regular bg objetives, i ended up with over 30k trophy tokens after completing 5 matches. amazing
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 272 ★★
    edited September 2023

I can relate. Match after match, matching players with no less than two 7* R2s. Catching nothing but L's. It is what it is :(
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 274 ★★
    Started at Bronze III and have went through 20 fights to finally have one break my way since the event started. I shudder thinking about how long it's going to take me to get five wins, let alone an additional 10 wins for that ascension dust...
  • Options
    That's just my point. It isn't going to get any better with the current setup.
  • Options
    KTPrimalKTPrimal Posts: 105
    Tanking in this "competitive" mode has always been the meta. Outside of wasting energy or marks, there's no punishment for losing.
  • Options
    Tanking affects the Matchmaking for everyone. That's the problem. It skews the system from its intended order of skillsets based on performance.
  • Options
    So does having fixed matches
  • Options
    I could say the same about Matches that are certain death. That's a fixed Match.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,689 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Two things are at work here: (1) matchmaking is, was, and likely will always be broken in one way or another and (2) many players like to think that they will get all (or nearly all) available rewards for each event.

I have zero hope (1) will ever be resolved in a way that seems fair to all players. But (2) is something that’s worth contemplating, especially for an event has gone live for less than 24 hours.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

I could say the same about Matches that are certain death. That's a fixed Match.

That's random matchmaking, its RNG; but yeah for the sake of your argument matchmaking shelter up to Plat doesn't skew the game. Tanking matches on the other hand it does. Makes total sense.
  • Options

That's random matchmaking, its RNG; but yeah for the sake of your argument matchmaking shelter up to Plat doesn't skew the game. Tanking matches on the other hand it does. Makes total sense.
    Yes, you're absolutely right. Let the top Accounts peck everyone off in Bronze. That's a much better system. Honestly, the arrogance.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Yes, you're absolutely right. Let the top Accounts peck everyone off in Bronze. That's a much better system. Honestly, the arrogance.
    Never said that, matter of fact I never complained about this current system since I am able to get ahead in a supposed "fair system; but you seem to pick and choose the issues to make it into a place where you can succeed.
    You claim being smart, being experienced, using the win loss token argument on a post where OP got to Plat2 on the very first day of season kick off might not be the smartest choice. The 1 token win makes it hard you say, yet OP made it to Plat 2 in a few hours, maybe its not as difficult as you claim.
    You also claim people in lower tiers facing people from GC, they are in Plat 1 and above.
    Now it is possible they are facing big accounts that don't care for BGs but want the dust; but those are not GC accounts.
  • Options
    You're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. The current system is flawed. Watch and see.
  • Options

You're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. The current system is flawed. Watch and see.

Its not flawed, its a competition and competitive people will play it season after season, matter of fact this change sheltered casual BG players even more, they don't even have to play against people who make it to GC until Plat1.
    Why don't you present a real argument with a proposition of changes?
    And don't say the token win/loss cause the OP made it clear how easy it is to make it to Plat 2 on day 1 with the current token gain/loss.
  • Options
    Mkay. Sure. Same argument over and over. "It's a competition."
    Pretty sure no one argued to the contrary. The issue is the structure of the competition.
  • Options
    Also, I've presented arguments ad nauseum. You keep ignoring them.
  • Options

Mkay. Sure. Same argument over and over. "It's a competition."
    Pretty sure no one argued to the contrary. The issue is the structure of the competition.

The structure is the exact same for every player.
    I thought someone smart and experience would actually present a more ellaborated argument than just say "the structure".
    From everything I read so far, you are just salty Kabam change back the token system from the only 2 seasons you made it into GC, 2 out of 10. Maybe they realized that too many people were getting into GC and didn't like lower people getting too many rewards. Maybe their data said "hey people are getting way too much without even doing other content". I might be repetitive but presenting the token argument on a post where OP made it to Plat2 on day 1 doesn't really help your stance.
  • Options
    Again, you keep directing this at me as if I'm personally offended by it. I don't care what your judgments are about me, my skill, or my frustrations with the last Season. My issue isn't just me. (Low-key I don't know how many times I can say that before it registers.)
    Saying it's the same for everyone doesn't change the issue, it just exacerbates the problem. You have a range of Players at all different levels, and you're justifying the same expectations for them. If that makes sense to you, then your reference towards me being Karl Marx is a bit teapot/kettle.
    Regardless, we can go around in circles until our fingers fall off, but it's still going to be a problem. The system is overtuned, and ove time it's going to run many people playing it into the ground. You act as if the issue is people don't like losing. Most people can accept a Loss. Some can't, sure. What people can't accept is a tango system that only allows a select few to progress over time.
    I'm really tired of the same arguments so wait and see. That's all I can say.