Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Battleground unfair match-ups ༼⁠;⁠´⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠۝ ⁠༎ຶ⁠༽

MockingbirdMockingbird Posts: 12
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
I'm a cavelier with handful of rank 2 6* and bunch of rank 3/4 5* AND I'm facing PARAGON players in Battleground. I'm pretty sure many many players facing same issue as me. So my question to KABAM is "how this matchmaking works?". ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ Thank you.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,269 ★★★★★
    In a word, yes. If you're around the Plat 2 area, Matches will become random within the Tier from then on.
  • Options
    It doesn't even makes any sense! Matchmaking should be based on equal base hero rating or something like that. Shouldn't it??
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,269 ★★★★★

It doesn't even makes any sense! Matchmaking should be based on equal base hero rating or something like that. Shouldn't it??

Eventually you will come up against stronger competitors. The majority of people on here wanted it that way from the start, and a number of Players discussed having some sort of even start so Players could become engaged with it and be motivated to play. In short, this is the compromise. The alternative is getting Matches like that in Bronze 3, and that doesn't help anyone want to play.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,841 ★★★★★
    Being Cav with a handful of 6r2s makes sense to you?
  • Options
    With nerfed story maps it's makes so much sense to me. 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠_⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ
  • Options
    Nowadays anybody can become atleast cavelier with r4 5* and r2 6*.
  • Options
    And I agree with @Masdo
  • Options
    I'm not saying that "oh, kabam please give me proven or uncollected level player". All I'm saying is just give equal level so it remains exciting for both party. Do you think when a cavelier player gets paragon then he's can't keep his excitement!!! Give me a break pal. 🙄
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    Masdo said:

Matchmaking should based on title/progress. Cavs should only fight another cavs, even in GC so that we can have #1 ranking who is in fact a cavalier. World record.

LOL.

Uh, no, not if you are competing for the same rewards as Paragon players.
  • Options
    There should be different levels of rewards as there different levels of events. This is the main problem. They mix it up.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 730 ★★★

I'm not saying that "oh, kabam please give me proven or uncollected level player". All I'm saying is just give equal level so it remains exciting for both party. Do you think when a cavelier player gets paragon then he's can't keep his excitement!!! Give me a break pal. 🙄

What happens if Kabam switches it to how you want it and you lose to someone at a equal level? What, if in that scenario, you have a bad streak and lose several in a row... then what?
  • Options
    Then it's up to me. Atleast I'll not blame kabam for it.
  • Options
    Losing in a fair fight is much better than facing elephant with being an ant.
  • Options
    mattressmattress Posts: 411 ★★★
    If you want progression tiered competition, you should also get progression tiered rewards also. You probably shouldn't be getting the same rewards as paragon players if u can't play at that level they play at.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,117 ★★★★★

Losing in a fair fight is much better than facing elephant with being an ant.

How you felt typing that
  • Options
    It's just straight up frustrating. So in conclusion kabam DON'T HAVE ANY SOLUTION FOR IT. Good to know (BIG thumbs up).
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 730 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    So you're saying that someone who is at your same progression level has no chance of having a substantially larger and/or stronger roster? You don't need to complete Act 7 to have lots of 7* (rank 1 or 2) or many 6* ranks 3-5. Anyone could build a roster and wait forever to fight the Grandmaster to be come TB.

How would your proposed system account for these accounts? I know many MCOCers hate the sports metaphors and analogies but teams that have single digit wins don't only play other teams with single digit wins. To get ahead (and yes more times than not they're blown out) they have to face the undefeated teams.

@Mockingbird I understand. Losing sucks. I get you. I've been there. When you take a step forward and then three back it feels hopeless. But the system isn't rigged against you. You're in the same boat as everyone else battling in you BG bracket. There's 22 days left in the 10 wins objective (assuming this is the crux of your frustration). That's a win every 2 days. You don't need 10 in two hours or 8 hours or 24 hours. You don't need to go 10-0 to get the objective. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. If you're stringing together a few losses, don't let it burry you. Do other content, regroup, and come back. It ain't gonna be easy and ain't always gonna be pretty but it's not an impossibility.

P.S. I languished in Bronze this season and have only worked my way up to Gold3 so I'm not preaching from the GC. I lost to bigger accounts than mine every level, but I'm 40% of the way to 10 wins for the objective. Less than a win every 3 days.
  • Options

It's just straight up frustrating. So in conclusion kabam DON'T HAVE ANY SOLUTION FOR IT. Good to know (BIG thumbs up).

Theres no "solution" for matchmaking because there's nothing about it to have a solution for. We all compete for the same prizes, no one should get an easier ride for them. It's a competition, no participation trophies to be had.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I'm convinced anyone who complains about matchmaking has never seen another PvP type game mode from any other game to ever exist in the history of ever or have never heard of sports.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,114 ★★★★★
    Masdo said:

Matchmaking should based on title/progress. Cavs should only fight another cavs, even in GC so that we can have #1 ranking who is in fact a cavalier. World record.

Why stop at Cav? We need to know who the #1 proven summoner is. And they should get the same #1 ranked rewards as the #1 paragon summoner!
  • Options

God.... another one?

It hasn't been a week since season started, expect A LOT MORE
  • Options
    KTPrimalKTPrimal Posts: 103
    mattress said:

If you want progression tiered competition, you should also get progression tiered rewards also. You probably shouldn't be getting the same rewards as paragon players if u can't play at that level they play at.

This is the best solution for BGs in my opinion.
  • Options
    KTPrimalKTPrimal Posts: 103
    ahmynuts said:

I'm convinced anyone who complains about matchmaking has never seen another PvP type game mode from any other game to ever exist in the history of ever or have never heard of sports.

Same. This mode doesn't reflect any competitive pvp ranked system. It comes close in the GC but still faulty.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,102 ★★★★★

God.... another one?

There's been 4 today.
  • Options

God.... another one?

There's been 4 today.
    And its only been 6 days... imagine by day 15 or 20.. and 28-29 when the clock ticks.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,258 ★★★★★
    乁⁠༼⁠☯⁠‿⁠☯⁠✿⁠༽⁠ㄏ
This discussion has been closed.