edited September 2023 in General Discussion
{redacted}

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    1) Context?

2) If you're gonna blur names you should also blur alliance tags and names. Fairly easy to figure who is who sans the 2 who aren't in alliances.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    obsidiman said:

Didn't see a pic of my account... wonder why?

Oh yeah that's right I'm having a really sucky season languishing in silver.

To be clear, I have no data that suggests any of these accounts have done anything wrong. But they are easy to find, I didn’t search hard, and they are at least on the leaderboard in Arcane as of today.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

This.....can't be right. A base hero rating of only 120k means having only a max of like..1 6R1. Unless they're whales, and bought endless amounts of victory shields, I can't see how they made it through Plat and up.

I don’t think buying victory shields will get you that far since everyone can face everyone in Platinum.

I can only think of a couple of ways that accounts that size or even a little bit larger make it into GC. I am happy to be educated on any other way accounts that size can make it.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

obsidiman said:

Didn't see a pic of my account... wonder why?

Oh yeah that's right I'm having a really sucky season languishing in silver.

To be clear, I have no data that suggests any of these accounts have done anything wrong. But they are easy to find, I didn’t search hard, and they are at least on the leaderboard in Arcane as of today.

Dr. Zola
    To be clear I have lots of data of what I'm doing wrong. Basically lack of skill and poor fighting.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    LOL I have a baby account -- one I started two years ago with the since-abandoned goal of seeing how fast I could rank up a champ. It's like level 26 I think. With the Cap Enlistment event, I decided to pop the acct open and run thru the objectives, do Incursions, and finish Act 3. I got a 6 star, albeit Luke Cage, but a 6 star for an account that is on Act 4 chapter 1 is pretty funny, considering the roster I had the first time I did it. I also got quite a few 5 stars from the Incursions crystals.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

LOL I have a baby account -- one I started two years ago with the since-abandoned goal of seeing how fast I could rank up a champ. It's like level 26 I think. With the Cap Enlistment event, I decided to pop the acct open and run thru the objectives, do Incursions, and finish Act 3. I got a 6 star, albeit Luke Cage, but a 6 star for an account that is on Act 4 chapter 1 is pretty funny, considering the roster I had the first time I did it. I also got quite a few 5 stars from the Incursions crystals.

Get it up to BG level and send us screenshots of your matches.

Perhaps you too can reach GC before you reach 400K rating.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Get it up to BG level and send us screenshots of your matches.

Perhaps you too can reach GC before you reach 400K rating.

Dr. Zola
    I don't have the energy to keep going with it. I place this game too much already. What is the required level? And why on Earth would anyone want to see me fighting? LOL. For the laughs I suppose.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 479 ★★★
    I don’t understand the point of this post! It is very obvious those are modded accounts.If you’re trying to patronize what jaz said then you are completely out of context! There is not a single game on the face of earth that doesn’t have modder!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Perhaps, @XFREEDOMX

But I wouldn’t make that allegation without clear evidence, and I have none.

This is simply a baker’s dozen sample size of accounts I would consider unusually small for GC—especially on Leaderboard Day 1. I passed over quite a few just around the 1M rating mark, and I really didn’t look deep into the leaderboards.

Bear in mind, for most of the accounts above, the four champs shown on their profile make up nearly 10% (or sometimes more) of their total player rating. Consider what that would imply about the next 26 highest rated champs available for them to include in a BG deck.

If—and I stress if here—you are correct, then any accounts that break rules ought to be removed prior to finalizing season rankings. Including any such accounts in final rankings means displaced players below them are penalized even if the offenders are punished.

But if you are not correct, then accounts like the ones above may face a different path to GC than everyone else. And if that is the case, then we should be told that explicitly.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    WerriessWerriess Posts: 23
    This makes me so negative, why are rosters like that already in gc? I am struggeling to get out of diamond 1.... this is my profile

And this is my match history

Win one, loose 5.... stuck in that loop. And it started with last season, could not get in gc... first time since battlegrounds began. And now profiles like that is in gc?? I am spending so much time on BG's but I am not going to bother anymore if things are going to stay as it currently are. @Kabam Miike can we get some clarity regarding this please??

• Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,097 ★★★
    I concur. Doesn’t seem right does it.
  • Options
    @Werriess
    Lose, opposite of win.
    Loose, opposite of tight.

Not interchangeable.
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

@Werriess
    Lose, opposite of win.
    Loose, opposite of tight.

Not interchangeable.

English is not my first and even my second language, I get some things wrong but I try... thx for the clarification
  • Options
    Why this post gets buried in the forum? Where is the guys that is defending the matchmaking now? I would love to hear their opinions on this matter.... looks like another season of not reaching gc for me when all previous seasons I reached gc comfortably. So many smaller accounts in gc it is unbelievable
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    I know what's going on here. All these accounts must be @BeroMan free to play baby accounts. With his skills I'm assuming reaching GC even with smaller accounts would be no problem at all. Otherwise there's something fishy going on.
  • Options

I know what's going on here. All these accounts must be @BeroMan free to play baby accounts. With his skills I'm assuming reaching GC even with smaller accounts would be no problem at all. Otherwise there's something fishy going on.

That’s one plausible explanation lol

You’ll also find a fair number of ~1M rated accounts up there too. I suppose that’s possible, but with all the 3-4-5M accounts just now breaking into GC, it seems like that would also be a very tough slog.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    They are most probably modders. They will probably be purged and banned to the nether realm.
  • Options

They are most probably modders. They will probably be purged and banned to the nether realm.

But will they keep their rank in GC and displace other accounts?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    More of the best…

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Still more…and for those who suggest this is just a few accounts, it’s worth taking a look at ranks 300-425 in Gamma 1 for a sense of how many small accounts occupy those spots.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Busy, so only had time to run through 10-15 accounts. Here are a few from that cursory review—my favorite is the pre-buff Red Skull guy who is going to be unstoppable when the buff goes live.

Dr. Zola