**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds idea

What if instead of just promotion we also had demotion. I think that it would be good if there was also demotion ( for example from silver 3 to silver 2 etc) if you lose a match while you have no victory tokens BUT we would get 2 victory tokens in each victory and we lose one token in each defeat. How does it sound?

Comments

• Options
    Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 907 ★★★
    No, the whole point of the tiers is to progress through them and reach the Gladiator Circuit. At this point, you are in a live free-for-all where winning propels you up the ranks and losing sends you back down.
  • Options
    Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Posts: 320 ★★★
    Luke9523 said:

No, the whole point of the tiers is to progress through them and reach the Gladiator Circuit. At this point, you are in a live free-for-all where winning propels you up the ranks and losing sends you back down.

This is what happens in GC though. Maybe it would be more competitive if it happened in the victory track too.
  • Options

People can barely progress through the victory track as it is with the bad match making systems in battlegrounds. This ur idea will only make battlegrounds much more of a disaster and impossible at all to play.

It will be a disaster and impossible only for people who complaining for no reasons. For example platinum people who are barely cavs and are frustrating that they have to face paragons. These people will never be happy. I really believe that it would be more competitive and fun this way i suggested.
  • Options
    Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★

People can barely progress through the victory track as it is with the bad match making systems in battlegrounds. This ur idea will only make battlegrounds much more of a disaster and impossible at all to play.

It will be a disaster and impossible only for people who complaining for no reasons. For example platinum people who are barely cavs and are frustrating that they have to face paragons. These people will never be happy. I really believe that it would be more competitive and fun this way i suggested.
    What then happens if you make 80 percent of the battlegrounds players frustrated to the extent that they stop playing. How will the remaining 20 percentage of players find matches and people to stomp on.
  • Options
    TribalChiefTribalChief Posts: 70
    Dude ain't Battleground Grind to GC enough for u ?
    So many tiers already
    Why u giving some Dumb ideas to make it more grindy to reach Gc.

If there is demotion all players gonna pissed so much that whatever progress they made in reaching a tier they have to again do all again for just losing few matches.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    This is an absolutely terrible idea
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    What would be the point of VT then? Sounds more like the BG beta that didn't have the split between VT and GC
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 394 ★★★
    If there was demotion in VT I’d quit playing bgs wouldn’t suck the rest of the fun out of it
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    I could be wrong, but this sounds like a veiled request to repeatedly get tier rewards.

Enter Vibranium 1, get rewards. Lose on purpose to go back down. Win again to go back to V1 and get rewards again.

Before you know it, everyone has every 6* relic at max sig.
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

I could be wrong, but this sounds like a veiled request to repeatedly get tier rewards.

Enter Vibranium 1, get rewards. Lose on purpose to go back down. Win again to go back to V1 and get rewards again.

obviously it owuld be a one time reward.... once claimed you cant claim it again and after going to GC you'd be locked in it...
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,738 ★★★★★
    I like it, losing should be punished.
  • Options
    mgj0630 said:

I mean you can claim rewards only once OBVIOUSLY
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 264 ★★
    Of all the bad ideas that pop up on the forums, this is one of the worst. I am currently sitting in Silver III with as I've noted a 50 game loss streak, half of them a 1-1 split that didn't go my way in the third matchup.

I thank the maker I'm just stagnated in Silver III with theese headaches. If I was losing ranks for every loss and bouncing back down to Bronze as I'm matched with Thronebreakers and people with rosters that are smaller than mine but have lucked into far better champions at the six and seven star ranks than I have and just decided to play only for the alotted one to two wins and three matches they play before they go back to not playing, I'd just stop playing the game mode.

The only thing keeping me trying for wins right now is the 10 win goal for the Captain America event and a possible 6 star relic.

Punishing players, especially not at Gladiator's Circuit is a stupid idea, period. Slug it out all you want at the top, but cut out the lower tiers in that cutthroat idea you have and Kabam will have players leaving the mode in exodus.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    I hope Kabam don;t read this post and think that's a great idea. In GC, I'm ok with the demotion of rank but if this happen in VT, this would be a disaster waiting to happen. We have enough players complaining about the current system and how hard it is to progress. To make is worst by demoting them for having a losing streak would just add more complaints and I don't need to read about more post about how BG is broken .
  • Options

Luke9523 said:

This is what happens in GC though. Maybe it would be more competitive if it happened in the victory track too.
    The whole point of the VT existing in the first place is to have an environment that is more balanced between encouraging participation and promoting competition. Trying to make VT work more like GC is tantamount to just trying to get rid of VT, because VT only exists to provide a different environment targeting different goals.

We could just have a GC, rather than a VT. And then *all* your rewards would come from direct competition; there would be no A for effort participation rewards or "hey look I went up a track" rewards. Get everyone else to sign off on this idea first, before you try to determine whether Kabam would ever consider doing it.
  • Options
    That would be a living nightmare because in order for people to progress, someone has to lose. The only medals that are generated and not traded would be people losing with 0 medals in bronze 3. That would make climbing VT a nightmare for players good at BGs because you'd have to wait for people to get up to where you're at.

With the current system, we generate medals at every tier so it makes it quick to progress if you have decent win-rate. We don't need to make VT a nightmare.