**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New nodes in GC are a joke

Having an absolute horrific time with the new node for these last 2 weeks of BG... The nodes are just an absolute joke and make you very limited with your options.
The not being able to parry is bad enough already, but you can kind of play around it. The indefinite prowess and adding protection to it though is just a joke. If you can't win the fight within a minute, you are pretty much screwed.
It's making a lot of people just pause the fight and let it time out so at least they don't risk loosing anymore health.
Not a fun node at all, I hope that we don't get this sort of thing again in the future.

Comments

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    Just use a bunch of mystics
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 394 ★★★

Just use a bunch of mystics

And then all they need is to throw nullify fateseal stagger immune defenders instantly most mystics useless there’s still techs but even some of those won’t be good this is the worst node combo ever in bgs i don’t know who thought this was good idea but it wasn’t one
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 742 ★★★★
    I'd rather the stun node was removed. I had a bit of fun playing with the prowess, but the stun reflect is a b**ch
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Some OG champs are potentially very good here…Ronan again, Magik (Sp3), Voodoo, OGSW.

Is it fun? Not really. But it does make me consider R4 that 6* Voodoo gathering dust. Going outside the box a lot…maybe Loki.

On the flip side, the usual painful defenders are even more so.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 200 ★★
    This is the mystic meta
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    I carry Attuma in my deck and until now, have only used him as a defender.

I may give him a shot as an attacker with this meta.
  • Options
    Mohammad07Mohammad07 Posts: 183 ★★
    Wouldn't it be amazing if their were no nodes in bg.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    I'm glad I didn't bet that this was a golivarez thread
  • Options
    I quite enjoy this meta because the last meta was a minimal skill meta while this meta is a bring a counter or have a realllllly bad time. Really wish I had an iron man though, would make it a ton easier
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★

You mean like arena?
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★

Just don't get into GC like the rest of us because "matchmaking is bad". Problem solved.

I am afraid it's soon going to be "playing the game is optional no one is forcing you to"
    Can't lose if you don't play!
  • Options
    Mohammad07Mohammad07 Posts: 183 ★★

You mean like arena?
    Yes
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 193 ★★
    Emomike said:

This is the mystic meta

Till you run into a nullify immune or stagger immune
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Played one match and instantly said "nope, I'm out". This is the most disgusting buff combination I've ever seen in GC lol my first match was basically me playing as aggressively as possible for the first 60 secs, then pausing the game, then waiting for another 60 secs for the match to end with my fingers crossed. I get what they're trying to do, but I'm not Beroman, you need to chill Kabam 💀

Is your opponent beroman?
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    DrZola said:

Some OG champs are potentially very good here…Ronan again, Magik (Sp3), Voodoo, OGSW.

Is it fun? Not really. But it does make me consider R4 that 6* Voodoo gathering dust. Going outside the box a lot…maybe Loki.

Dr. Zola

Ronan won't work. In this meta when i see Ronan in someone's deck, i get to know early i m winning this one because the opponent hasn't read the meta.

Also regarding this meta, it's definitely challenging and i quite like it. I can see opponents struggling as well. It's about who survives better. Though i m also doing it Commissary only.
  • Options
    Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    People who can't make it to GC are complaining, those already in GC are also complaining. At this point I think it's safe to say that battlegrounds is just an absolute disaster of a game mode. Sorry to say, but it's the truth.
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 430 ★★★
    It’s an interesting one and I don’t really mind it. Just don’t stun the opponent. Only problem for me is that my roster isn’t that developed and I have to use more r3 champs in my deck than I would have liked to.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited September 2023

People who can't make it to GC are complaining, those already in GC are also complaining. At this point I think it's safe to say that battlegrounds is just an absolute disaster of a game mode. Sorry to say, but it's the truth.

Take a good look at the community for any giant, fully competitive game in existence and the Forum's thoughts on BGs will seem like a calm vacation in comparison
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Emomike said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

With the stun reflex indont think Ronan will work well.
    Good point on Ronan—12 second stun immune timing is a major issue. Also may hit some issues with OGSW random stuns.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    I didn't read the node the first time I went in... it was a disaster

I took AA and Ronan out of my deck completely

I am worried about OG Witch, can't use Sigil

I don't have any good neutralize champs ranked

I was ready to quit after my first 2 fights
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I only played a few matches but did notice many more timeouts. Really not looking forward to another meta that ends up using the full 2 min every round.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Emomike said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

With the stun reflex indont think Ronan will work well.
    Nope, found that out the hard way lol.

Also, the reflecting stun combined with an AI that refuses to throw specials is super annoying.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    A_Fungi said:

I've used aa a few times and not received the reflective stun from the neuros expiring, does the aa reduction cause it not to trigger?
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★

A_Fungi said:

I've used aa a few times and not received the reflective stun from the neuros expiring, does the aa reduction cause it not to trigger?
    The reflect stun just reduces most of the attraction for AA to me. Parry and heavy to get the neuros going. The RNG without being able to land loads of heavies is completely unreliable.

I observed this when someone tried to AA my hit monkey and my hit monkey killed him in 10 seconds
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    One thing I was not counting on was that Doom's SP3 stun is actually after the special not before. I threw it thinking even if he's stun immune I'll still get the fury and power steal afterwards and instead I came out of the sp3 stunned for like 2 combos and a special. Which it does seem like the limber I am running is doing nothing to decrease that stun time. But that is just a feeling, i haven't actually recorded and measured it.