**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

SUMMONER'S MARKET UPDATE

What do you think about the renovated retail store?

Comments

• Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
    i'm not happy till unit offers reach 100k on the big days and unit packs cost $1000 each with a 7x purchase limit.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

Shame ...

Why are you always so mad that people spend their money on what they like? It's not like they're spending your money.
    you're conflating personal spending decision which are great and shouldn't be judged with a game that is trending to cost a lot more which makes it harder on those who can't afford to keep up.
    Keep up with who? What is costing more? Did they raise the prices on something in game?

I don't know how I'm conflating anything. I'm addressing his "shame" comment. I know what he means with this comment. He thinks Kabam is making the game more pay to win but it's not doing that. It's making it easier for people who want to buy multiple Odin's for units to do that. In game, $99 gets you 3100 units. In the store, you get basically are getting nearly $30 worth of extra units for buying them in the Market store.

Isn't that a good thing?
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Shame ...

Why are you always so mad that people spend their money on what they like? It's not like they're spending your money.
    you're conflating personal spending decision which are great and shouldn't be judged with a game that is trending to cost a lot more which makes it harder on those who can't afford to keep up.
    Keep up with who? What is costing more? Did they raise the prices on something in game?

I don't know how I'm conflating anything. I'm addressing his "shame" comment. I know what he means with this comment. He thinks Kabam is making the game more pay to win but it's not doing that. It's making it easier for people who want to buy multiple Odin's for units to do that. In game, $99 gets you 3100 units. In the store, you get basically are getting nearly $30 worth of extra units for buying them in the Market store.

Isn't that a good thing?
    Untill the additional $200 X5 offers will pop up in 2 months.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Oh wait, it could be a bad sign before 29th deals
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★

Shame ...

Isn't that a good thing?
    it's good if you're judging in a vacuum, not good when you look trends and the store's history.

we went from 2 big events a year with a purchase limit of 1x to 5-6 events (?) with some of the having purchase limits of 4x, now 5x with the cap event, and the others are trending to hit 5x in november + at least 1x from their store so 6x.

no one's judging whales and they shouldn't, but inflating deals in cost and quantity is greasing the wheels for other costlier offers. ie. we needed just 15k units for the big days, now it's 30-40k...

don't look at me, look at the numbers.
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 555 ★★★

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

Shame ...

Someone please give this maw some money
    I'm fine, have plenty of it already
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

Shame ...

Isn't that a good thing?
    it's good if you're judging in a vacuum, not good when you look trends and the store's history.

we went from 2 big events a year with a purchase limit of 1x to 5-6 events (?) with some of the having purchase limits of 4x, now 5x with the cap event, and the others are trending to hit 5x in november + at least 1x from their store so 6x.

no one's judging whales and they shouldn't, but inflating deals in cost and quantity is greasing the wheels for other costlier offers. ie. we needed just 15k units for the big days, now it's 30-40k...

its almost like they are a business doing exactly what businesses do.
    look for ways to make money.

i mean aside from the fact that the game keeps costing more and more to upkeep....
    inflation and all....
    so they have to make more and more just to keep it going....

they are a business and businesses are always looking to increase profits....
    like the way our economic structure works or not...
    kabam/netmarble are doing nothing different to any other company...

if you ran a business there is a very high chance you would be doing the same....
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

Shame ...

Isn't that a good thing?

its almost like they are a business doing exactly what businesses do.
    look for ways to make money.

i mean aside from the fact that the game keeps costing more and more to upkeep....
    inflation and all....
    so they have to make more and more just to keep it going....

they are a business and businesses are always looking to increase profits....
    like the way our economic structure works or not...
    kabam/netmarble are doing nothing different to any other company...

if you ran a business there is a very high chance you would be doing the same....
    Exactly right. They run the risk of turning even the spenders sour though but nothing wrong with what they are doing.
  • Options
    Ticketmaster is also a business. They did nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Anyway, they gave us an answer, that s more than satisfying for me. For now.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/348050/summoners-market-update-sept-28-2023#latest
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

didn’t think i’d see someone defending ticketmaster on the forums
  • Options

Searmenis said:

didn’t think i’d see someone defending ticketmaster on the forums
    It was irony, I would nt defend a company that's so damaging for the music industry :p
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Shame ...

Isn't that a good thing?

So people spending money on the game want to spend more money on the game and Kabam let's them do it but somehow it's a bad thing?

Did I miss the part where you're being forced to spend? Again, you didn't show the cost increase and you didn't say who you're competing against.

The cost of deals have not gone up. There's just more available or more levels added to the unit deals.

I'll wait for you to explain the other 2 questions I asked.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Anyway, they gave us an answer, that s more than satisfying for me. For now.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/348050/summoners-market-update-sept-28-2023#latest

Well if they aren't associating it with sales offers or adding items there, then that's fine, no problem.

It's the "at this time" that we can't rely on ... knowing Kabam they will probably go back on their word sooner than expected