**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone else out here who does this in BG?

SquammoSquammo Posts: 432 ★★★
So…I have only gotten into GC 3 times so far and every time I reach a point where I’m just too afraid of losing matches and thus getting demoted. This season due to seeding I got into GC quite fast, with about 2 weeks left. I did matches to get at least the objectives done. Now I am at 120 points and just don’t feel like playing anymore in fear of losing a bunch of matches and ending up in an even lower end tier than I would by just naturally getting demoted due to the cutoffs for each tier increasing.

I would really appreciate some input from the more experienced player and if you also feel like me sometimes.

Comments

• Options
    It is a chance you have to take unfortunately
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,743 ★★★★★
    That's part of the thrill for me personally. I sometimes go on BAD losing streaks then end up going on an insane win streak after. It's like im in a toxic relationship with BGs the lows are LOW but the highs are HIGH lmao
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I'll usually stop playing outside fo the objectives once I'm in GC.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    When I reach GC I'm just doing objectives but when last set of them comes out I grind BGs till I'm happy with amount of pts I got. Basically pushing in last day.
  • Options
    I normally don't care about BGs when I get to GC, but I've really enjoyed the current meta in GC, so I've been playing it for fun. Kinda sucks how you can accurately predict the results of the match from just the draft, but that is pretty normal, and you never know, you could win a match that is almost a guaranteed loss due to the nodes.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    I literally just got to plat 3 for the first time and it took me like 30 matches, how long is it taking you guys to get into GC? This seems like an insane time sink monthly
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

I literally just got to plat 3 for the first time and it took me like 30 matches, how long is it taking you guys to get into GC? This seems like an insane time sink monthly

I started in P1 due to seeding and just finishing the ascension objectives got me to Vibranium 3. I was in GC within a week after that. Depending on your roster and skill level will determine how fast you get there. If your roster is stacked enough, you can win very quickly by having people forfeit in the ban screen.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Currently I'm fighting off Tankers in Vibranium 3.
  • Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 65
    BG is okay for what it is but it definitely needs a little tweak, match ups should be based on Roster no matter what tier. Nobody should ever be in a death match scenario. I know Kabam has the data and ability to make it happen .
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 656 ★★★
    I used to do the same thing when I get a lot of points. But the way I look at is the more I play, the better I’ll get. And then I’ll be able to push higher next time. Even in my losing streaks I still learn small things like “don’t use mordo against other mystics because he gets 15 fury buffs that will feed mystic dispersion”. Every season it gets easier for me to push a little bit higher. And who knows maybe you’ll finish with even more points than you have now.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,055 ★★★★★
    Twist1298 said:

BG is okay for what it is but it definitely needs a little tweak, match ups should be based on Roster no matter what tier. Nobody should ever be in a death match scenario. I know Kabam has the data and ability to make it happen .

Previously it was based on roster and deck strength but some cowards drafted in 2*s to deliberately get a smaller account
  • Options

I used to do the same thing when I get a lot of points. But the way I look at is the more I play, the better I’ll get. And then I’ll be able to push higher next time. Even in my losing streaks I still learn small things like “don’t use mordo against other mystics because he gets 15 fury buffs that will feed mystic dispersion”. Every season it gets easier for me to push a little bit higher. And who knows maybe you’ll finish with even more points than you have now.

Really appreciate your reply. Thanks. I just have to change my mindset regarding the rewards and think how in the end 10k tokens actually aren’t that much.
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 444 ★★★
    Twist1298 said:

So should the rewards be then. If you want to avoid playing bigger/smaller accounts then you should not get the same rewards. Simple as that.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 776 ★★★★
    I wish Kabam would do something about it honestly. Point camping is the norm now. It makes the game mode much less fun.

Nothing more annoying than matching someone many tiers lower knowing if you lose, that’s a huge point drop.

It feels like more and more people are doing it every season.

The solution might be to change the delta between winning and losing to incentivize people to play. Either that or greatly buff the 3 day rewards.
  • Options
    AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 173 ★★

I used to be really upset getting a loosing streak close to the end of the season, knowing that I wouldn't have time to make it up again. But now, I'm reminding myself exactly that, even in defeat there's thing to learn. It's actually helping the feeling of hopeless or self-guilt "how stupid was I to waste so many points".

Now, with seeding I ended up in CG with more than 2 weeks to go. I know that with my 40-50% win ratio, I'll more likely end up lower than my highest when it ends. I do enjoy this meta a lot though, so I do play it more than might be reasonable to have the most points. #YOLO :D
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 858 ★★★★
    Matchmaking can be frustrating when you’re trying to progress in GC.

Not sure why I’m matching someone in Arcane1 when I’m still in Gamma 🤷‍♂️.

• Options
    Thecurler said:

Did you by any chance have to wait a bit to find a match? It seems that when the game doesn’t find someone in/close to your bracket it will widen the search.
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    they should just add a decay period after 3-4 days not playing the gamemode. A player in decay position would lose between 5-10 pts each day til they do another match. Its the way in a looooot of multiplayer matchmaking based PvP games
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 858 ★★★★
    Squammo said:

Thecurler said:

Did you by any chance have to wait a bit to find a match? It seems that when the game doesn’t find someone in/close to your bracket it will widen the search.
    Yes there was a bit of a wait but had that in all
    my matches so far today.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 776 ★★★★
    MiniMF said:

they should just add a decay period after 3-4 days not playing the gamemode. A player in decay position would lose between 5-10 pts each day til they do another match. Its the way in a looooot of multiplayer matchmaking based PvP games

For sure, a PVP mode where people are camping is not going to be a good one.
  • Options
    Roxas108Roxas108 Posts: 12
    Squammo said:

So…I have only gotten into GC 3 times so far and every time I reach a point where I’m just too afraid of losing matches and thus getting demoted. This season due to seeding I got into GC quite fast, with about 2 weeks left. I did matches to get at least the objectives done. Now I am at 120 points and just don’t feel like playing anymore in fear of losing a bunch of matches and ending up in an even lower end tier than I would by just naturally getting demoted due to the cutoffs for each tier increasing.

I would really appreciate some input from the more experienced player and if you also feel like me sometimes.

hey squammor the advice ive gotten from a lot of players is to keep pushing. You may end up losing but you will play against better players and will slowly try to imiprove ur skill. This is easier said then done i end up around quantum and mysterium and then during the last day or two i get scared to push too.I want to finish in mysterium but i don't want to lose either its tough.
  • Options
    Bazooka_1Bazooka_1 Posts: 47
    Twist1298 said:

Matchmaking cannot be the way you want it it's real simple if you are in 1st place anybody an challenge you. If I am in platinum anybody that is in platinum is a fair fight.you can't get to a certain tier and then not expect to go against anybody else who is in that tier. Matches are not based on your roster but on the tier of competition that you have reached. For example If I face a deck with all 4 stars in gc I'd be alot more worried than a deck with all 7 stars in silver because just that someone has a great roster they need to have the skill to back it up and I know I can win against anybody who is stuck in silver and would be more worried about someone with a roster that is lacking but had the skill to move up. If you can't make it to a higher level because of the decks you are facing then you need to work on building up your team and getting the mats to rank them up. Obviously of you don't spend money you are going to have a harder time doing that.
  • Options
    Roxas108 said:

Squammo said:

hey squammor the advice ive gotten from a lot of players is to keep pushing. You may end up losing but you will play against better players and will slowly try to imiprove ur skill. This is easier said then done i end up around quantum and mysterium and then during the last day or two i get scared to push too.I want to finish in mysterium but i don't want to lose either its tough.
    Appreciate it. With the better milestones next month there is probably no way past pushing through anyways, so I will definitely try to see how far I can get. This time around I’m just extremely short on time to play. I just need to stop thinking about the rewards. In the end getting 10k more or less tokens shouldn’t matter that much.