where is this "candy shop"? [merged/resolved]

sakaisakai Member Posts: 8
edited October 2023 in General Discussion

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• BabyYodaツBabyYodaツ Member Posts: 10
    I already updated, I restarted the game and it doesn't appear. I also reinstalled the game and nothing

edited October 2023
    @Kabam Jax
    It is happening to several friends of mine who did not have the symbiote.
  • KiritsugucarlKiritsugucarl Member Posts: 19
    I have the same problem, candy store missing, currently trying to reinstall, will update if it works
    This is also happening to me, did not have symbiote prior to event
    @sakai , i updated and it still doesnt appear. Theories are running that if u have no symbioid prior to this event u dont get candy store appearing, sounds like a bug or something.
    Kabam Jax said:

Make sure to update to the newest version of the game!

Hope this helps.

Didnt work
  • Admiralandrea71Admiralandrea71 Member Posts: 21
    I don’t have the candy store tab either and I didn’t previously own “Steve” but my brother, who did already have him, does have the tab. So it does seem like a bug. I updated the game yesterday and everything else is fine. I’m on iOS
  • TrillibossTrilliboss Member Posts: 276 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Make sure to update to the newest version of the game!

Hope this helps.

still isnt there plus the game kinda bugged
  • AB_CD_EFAB_CD_EF Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem, couldn't find the store tab. I didn't own a summoned symbiote prior to this event
  • JonasatlanJonasatlan Member Posts: 6
    AB_CD_EF said:

I'm having the same problem, couldn't find the store tab. I didn't own a summoned symbiote prior to this event

Exactly the same for me
  • HeavyArmoredHeavyArmored Member Posts: 14
    No candy 🍬 store for me as well as of now .Since it's my first time getting summoned symbiote
  • 123markos123markos Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2023
    good afternoon kabam team, I have the same problem as my colleagues, I updated the game, I claimed my symbiote, I am new to this event, but the store does not appear and those types of bugs do not seem fair to me. I would like them to fix it. Thank you.

• Kabam JaxKabam Jax Member, Moderator Posts: 1,718
    If you have received your Summoned Symbiote and have no store - Have you run a Candy Crash side quest?
  • TrillibossTrilliboss Member Posts: 276 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

If you have received your Summoned Symbiote and have no store - Have you run a Candy Crash side quest?

cleared it 100% restarted the game reinstalling it changing my language doing everything and still isnt there
  • MajesticOceanMajesticOcean Member Posts: 47
    Kabam Jax said:

Just tried, still no store
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,277 ★★★★
    Guys, try to change to english language and see. I'm from Brazil and for me its ok.
  • RaccoonBoi78RaccoonBoi78 Member Posts: 2
    Kabam Jax said:

I got the symbiot for the first time, did Knull quest and ranked him to r5 then I did the candy quest all paths 100%, no candy store, no update on play store, restarted my device and check play store again nothing, opened and close the game like 5 times, still no candy store :(
    Hey Gang, the game team seems to have tracked down the issue!

It should be resolved shortly.

Thank you for your patience!
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 831 ★★★★
    Not to sound (too much) like a jerk... but... don't you play the game? Do you use another version than we do, or couldn't you have logged onto your account to check? Or is there some "no playing the game while working" rule?

It just seems like something quick and easy to check as part of the investigation.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★

Not to sound (too much) like a jerk... but... don't you play the game? Do you use another version than we do, or couldn't you have logged onto your account to check? Or is there some "no playing the game while working" rule?

It just seems like something quick and easy to check as part of the investigation.

It's not the case for everyone, most likely.
  • RaccoonBoi78RaccoonBoi78 Member Posts: 2
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Gang, the game team seems to have tracked down the issue!

It should be resolved shortly.

Thank you for your patience!

It is fixed for me now, thank you
  • 123markos123markos Member Posts: 4
    @kabam I carried out the procedure of changing the language of the game from Spanish to English and the candy store appeared, it would be a faster solution for those who are affected by the problem.

123markos said:

@kabam I carried out the procedure of changing the language of the game from Spanish to English and the candy store appeared, it would be a faster solution for those who are affected by the problem.

You happened to do that at the time that our team fixed the issue; very coincidental timing! Feel free to revert back to your language of choice!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★

Yes, they use a different version when building the next update. Their Dev build has everything loaded. They don't release it to themselves first.

If they have rel world accounts, they get the update the same as everyone else. It's why bugs like this can't always be caught before the production release.
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Member Posts: 355 ★★★
    Also bugs like this can sometimes depend on specific model of phone and/or OS, or just hit somewhat at random, so game team’s personal accounts might not see them, if it isn’t affecting All players
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 831 ★★★★

Yes, they use a different version when building the next update. Their Dev build has everything loaded. They don't release it to themselves first.

If they have rel world accounts, they get the update the same as everyone else. It's why bugs like this can't always be caught before the production release.
    my point was... pull out your "real world account" and spend 30 seconds trying to see if it effects you to.

For obscure things, this isn't practical, but for something like "a missing store"... 30 seconds is pretty generous to see if you have it or not.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★

my point was... pull out your "real world account" and spend 30 seconds trying to see if it effects you to.

For obscure things, this isn't practical, but for something like "a missing store"... 30 seconds is pretty generous to see if you have it or not.
    So if it doesn't affect a developer, then what? On my real world account, the candy shop appeared normally. What's to say it didn't for those employees as well? So why would playing the game matter if the bugs aren't effecting everyone the same?

Anyone who asks the question "don't you play you're own game" is asked by those who have no experience in the development world.