What’s up with the A.I?

Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Member Posts: 144 ★★
Why is the AI able to react faster than we can? Example: ai throws a heavy. That heavy is immediately countered, but because the AI has a special it chains that special to the end of a lone heavy attack that was thrown into a block. How is that possible? It didn’t heavy cancel. It threw the whole heavy then chained on a special. I had dodged out of the heavy to counter and ate the special attack to the face. This is just one example. The AI will throw a special attack that’s easily been punished for years, and all of a sudden they dex out of the special, and return with a 5 hit combo to your face. These things aren’t even doable as a human player. Yet, the AI is pulling this off flawlessly. If the ai hasn’t changed can you tell me why this is happening within the last month or two?

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    The way they code defenders is annoying. Nothing new about it though.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★
    Last month was Gladiator this month is Werewolf and Morbius, acting like real players
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★
    I remember learning to play this game watching tutorials. And I remembered something about Ai initialing the first attack (most of the time) right out of the gate and u just parry n punish the defender . Now parry doesn’t register and the defender just keeps bull rushing right through. When I decide to attack first right out of the gate the AI either intercepts or dex and atttack forward.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Member Posts: 556 ★★★

I'm still seeing Defenders attaking me or throwing specials when their stun timer is NOT over.

And no, not because of specific nodes, or champion abilities. And I've had it happen to me in multiple game modes. It's infrequent enough that I don't think it's going to be an issue and then all of a sudden WHAM my champ is dead from a SP2 or 5 hit to the face.

This!!!!!!

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I'm still seeing Defenders attaking me or throwing specials when their stun timer is NOT over.

And no, not because of specific nodes, or champion abilities. And I've had it happen to me in multiple game modes. It's infrequent enough that I don't think it's going to be an issue and then all of a sudden WHAM my champ is dead from a SP2 or 5 hit to the face.

Video
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Member Posts: 586 ★★★

Video
    We don’t need a video when multiple players have expressed this happening including myself.
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    Record the fight and the AI will mostly behave.
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Ok guys have no fear, one of our resident forum leaders has arrived in the thread so please provide him all the necessary video he needs so he can get you on track to greatness, be assured once you provide him the proper video footage you will just be a few steps away from playing like a pro 😂
    Unyonface said:

Video
    We don’t need a video when multiple players have expressed this happening including myself.
    Happens to everyone all the time but nobody has proof. Ok bud
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    ^ that and rushing in after an evaded heavy will often be met with a special or combo to the face before they should've finished their animation.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    Forum leaders or how they re called, never comment on AI threads. Maybe they re not allowed to, who knows...
    Zuro said:

Unyonface said:

Video
    I'm pretty sure it's very telling if numerous people seem to have complaints about the AI. It's easier said than done to get a video considering you'll basically have to screen record every single fight you do to prove a point. I highly doubt people would go through that trouble just to prove that to some stranger on the forums whose hellbent on ignoring a clear issue
    I'm not doubting that it's happening. I too have had a similar issue. But there I was fighting Hercules who can go stun immune. But at firs rit looked like he threw the special when he was stunned. So user error cannot be ruled out
    edited October 2023
    Zuro said:

Unyonface said:

Video
    I'm pretty sure it's very telling if numerous people seem to have complaints about the AI. It's easier said than done to get a video considering you'll basically have to screen record every single fight you do to prove a point. I highly doubt people would go through that trouble just to prove that to some stranger on the forums whose hellbent on ignoring a clear issue
    And it's not about the AI. But specifically the throwing specials when stunned part. And it's not just for me. If Kabam needs to ever solve this supposed issue , they need to be able to reproduce it and know the exact specifics under which it happens. And you can't just tell kabam " Keep playing until you get the bug".

Zuro said:

Unyonface said:

Video
    And it's not about the AI. But specifically the throwing specials when stunned part. And it's not just for me. If Kabam needs to ever solve this supposed issue , they need to be able to reproduce it and know the exact specifics under which it happens. And you can't just tell kabam " Keep playing until you get the bug".
    Kabam can watch, and probably already has, the numerous videos his CCP members have on youtube about this issue. Stop derailing the thread.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    I just played Battlegrounds for about four hours. The Defender activating a special against me before the stun timer ran out happened in three different matches.

I know it wasn't "working as intended" because I would execute the same actions again to see how it would respond, and it would go back to being stunned for the whole length of the timer. And these weren't champs that shrug off debuffs or reduce stun duration or any of it.

As for your persistence on video "proof" AverageDesi, I regret to inform you that I don't have infinite physical space on my iphone to record a four hour long screen capture.
    Searmenis said:

Zuro said:

Unyonface said:

Video
    Kabam can watch, and probably already has, the numerous videos his CCP members have on youtube about this issue. Stop derailing the thread.
    Could you link it? Haven't seen it. Or atleast who the youtuber is? Numerous are there so show one? I'm not even trying to a AH. I'm genuinely curious
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    Ai has been pretty crappy lately. This is known. Something has made it far worse, and less fun in the recent months. DLL has also acknowledged it on his streams, so i'm sure kabam are aware and are working on it.

Searmenis said:

Zuro said:

Unyonface said:

Video
    Could you link it? Haven't seen it. Or atleast who the youtuber is? Numerous are there so show one? I'm not even trying to a AH. I'm genuinely curious
    KT1, Vega, RichtheMan, Lagacy sometimes, MAEX, Proff Hoff stealing them from the others,... go have a blast.
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Zuro said:

Unyonface said:

Video
    KT1, Vega, RichtheMan, Lagacy sometimes, MAEX, Proff Hoff stealing them from the others,... go have a blast.
    I feel like there's a gap here. I'm not talking about AI issues. But specifically about AI using specials when stunned.
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 215 ★★
    It has become self aware.