**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Phone buying advice

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
Hey all. Old phone broke and doesnt seem worth the money to get it fixed, so I'm going to just buy a new one.

Mcoc is pretty much the only intensive thing I use my phone for. Realistically any half decent phone will have a good enough camera/display etc for me.

I just want to get a phone that will run the game well for the longest time and the cheapest price. I'm more than happy to buy a refurbished older phone, as long as it's in good condition.

Does anyone have suggestions? Any help is appreciated 🙂

Comments

• Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 966 ★★★
    Buy a Good Phone that has the Features you need.
    If you are up for Gaming, ROG Phone 5 wouldn't hurt
  • Options
    It depends on where you are located; I ended up getting a Motorola Stylus 2023 5G "free" through Metro By T-Mobile and one month of pre-paid service for $40.

If Android, you should be looking for at least a mid-range specifications and a minimum of 6GB RAM.
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 966 ★★★

It depends on where you are located; I ended up getting a Motorola Stylus 2023 5G "free" through Metro By T-Mobile and one month of pre-paid service for $40.

If Android, you should be looking for at least a mid-range specifications and a minimum of 6GB RAM.

6GB will do nothing nowadays You need 8 GB Atleast
  • Options

Buy a Good Phone that has the Features you need.
    If you are up for Gaming, ROG Phone 5 wouldn't hurt

I've been looking at Xiaomi's Poco F5. However I'm slightly concerned by the adaptive framerate which seemed to cause issues on my last phone (also xiaomi)

I've also considered getting the s21 ultra, refurbished for under £400. However since I'm in the UK I'd be getting the exynos version.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,149 ★★★★★
    Been having the OnePlus 8T for 3 years now and still running smooth. My next one is probably going to be another OnePlus
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,986 ★★★★★
    General advice - Never go for iphone
    Game pretty much runs good on all mobiles with 6gb ram
  • Options

Wouldnt go iphone anyway due to price. I am considering xiaomi but there are a ridiculous number of them to pick from.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Wouldnt go iphone anyway due to price. I am considering xiaomi but there are a ridiculous number of them to pick from.
    Mi is great... I'm owning a redmi note 8 and the game is running smoothly for about 4 years. But beware, the build quality of new redmi/poco models are quite low.
  • Options

Qacob said:

Mi is great... I'm owning a redmi note 8 and the game is running smoothly for about 4 years. But beware, the build quality of new redmi/poco models are quite low.
    Do you have a recommendation for the best value Mi phone for mcoc?
  • Options
    HoadyOZHoadyOZ Posts: 189

Why not iPhone specifically? I haven’t used one for MCOC but keen know what the issues are.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Qacob said:

I'm using Xiaomi mi 10t pro for the past 2.5 years and Game still runs perfectly smooth with GameBoost settings.

At times when a new update drops, it installs poorly and causes lags. Then I have to delete and reinstall the app.

I'd recommend looking into Xiaomi 11t pro or 12t pro. Both solid phones, top of the line for a "reasonable" price.
  • Options
    ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
    HoadyOZ said:

Why not iPhone specifically? I haven’t used one for MCOC but keen know what the issues are.
    I have a 13 pro max and works perfectly with the game. No issues whatsoever playing MCOC or anything else for that matter.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    OnePlus 8t
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    I got the Galaxy s23 Ultra a week back and game runs butter in it.
  • Options
    HoadyOZ said:

Iphone is actually good for game. But we also need phone for other things right? I always feel iphone is not suitable for the high price they recieve.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Do you have a recommendation for the best value Mi phone for mcoc?
    Mi 11 and above works fine.
  • Options
    WonderWanderWonderWander Posts: 53
    xLunatiXx said:

Been having the OnePlus 8T for 3 years now and still running smooth. My next one is probably going to be another OnePlus

I am still using a One Plus 7 , bought it 4+ years ago when it first came out. No issues ever. Full satisfaction
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 157 ★★
    ShaggyM said:

HoadyOZ said:

I have a 13 pro max and works perfectly with the game. No issues whatsoever playing MCOC or anything else for that matter.
    I don't know about that.. I have the iPhone 14 pro max and I don't like how the game plays on it. Maybe I was just spoiled by my Huawei mate 20 pro but that phone played the game so smooth. It got dropped from a ride so I went to get the Samsung s21 ultra and the game played terrible in comparison. I returned the Samsung and got the ROG phone 5 which I am using now (to play the game) and it's been great.

I wouldn't recommend the ROG phone 5 as a daily phone though.. the reason I have the ROG phone 5 and an iPhone is because there's a clip at the back of the ROG phone 5 that gets loose easily if dropped. It connects your SIM card slot, fingerprint scanner and one of the phones speaker to the motherboard. It plays the game great to this day but I use it as a tablet basically and only play the game when I'm connected to WiFi. With all those problems I still actually refuse to play the game on my iphone because the difference is night and day for me
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 709 ★★★
    My recommendation...

Runs MCOC like a dream.
  • Options
    I might wait for cyber Monday and see if I can get the Xiaomi 13 for a reduced price. 3 years of android updates is unusual for a Xiaomi and I really dont want to have to buy another phone for at least 4 years.
  • Options

6GB will do nothing nowadays You need 8 GB Atleast
    Each to their own. I am on a UMIDIGI S5 Pro with 6GB RAM, a little over 3 years, it runs MCOC just fine.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    Poco X3 Pro fam, thats the one I bought and I have near to 0 problems
  • Options
    Okay team, after more searching I have found 2 phones which catch my eye. Oppo Find X5 pro and Realme GT 2 pro. They are very similar but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me pick.

The differences that I'm having trouble deciding between are the UIs (ColorOS vs Realme UI) though I think they might be pretty much the same. And more importantly where I'd be buying from. Back market for the Oppo and Ebay for the Realme. Both in excellent condition.

Does anyone have experience buying refurbished phones from either sites?
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Okay team, after more searching I have found 2 phones which catch my eye. Oppo Find X5 pro and Realme GT 2 pro. They are very similar but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me pick.

The differences that I'm having trouble deciding between are the UIs (ColorOS vs Realme UI) though I think they might be pretty much the same. And more importantly where I'd be buying from. Back market for the Oppo and Ebay for the Realme. Both in excellent condition.

Does anyone have experience buying refurbished phones from either sites?

If my research is correct:
    - the former has an edge on storage and RAM.
    - the latter is on later Android and supposedly a AMOLED display Samsung.

As you have said, both are very similar otherwise.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    New Samsung FE s23? Or A54.
    Both are well rounded, free of bloating, top of the line display and that doesn't break pocket much.
  • Options
    DarknessFallsDarknessFalls Posts: 131 ★★
    Just pick a new flagship xiaomi phone in mid range with good ram and storage, it should run well and will be in budget, I am using k20 pro now 4th year, still working really well for the game, no issues.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

New Samsung FE s23? Or A54.
    Both are well rounded, free of bloating, top of the line display and that doesn't break pocket much.

I'm in the UK so pretty much any samsung I buy will have an exynos not a snapdragon. There are so many mixed reviews about the exynos, from perfect to unusable that I'm quite wary about buying one.