OG champs who have aged well/still worth ranking up?

Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 737 ★★★
I’m curious to know which champs y’all still invest in and rank? I find myself going back and dusting off the older bottles in basement now and then, and legit have a blast with them. My current faves are daredevil and Electra. Who are the oldies that you swear by, and why?

Comments

• Icy000Icy000 Member Posts: 274 ★★
    quake
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,178 ★★★★★
    Archangel archangel archangel 💯💯
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,613 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Tbf wolvy can't age unless his abilities are stripped away so in a way he aged well for the 8 yrs this game been going so well in fact he adapted a VR headset and imagines he is on a date with jean grey lol.
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 425 ★★
    the three non-Movie Marvels have all the same damage and utility they did when released... o_0

also, Massacre. LucaLoco with a nail bat is just fun to play, even without "the synergy".
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    Along with everyone else listed, Juggs is a monster after his buff
  • TheromeTherome Member Posts: 44
    Scarlet and Star Lord epic
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,397 Guardian

For champions who remain unchanged from their first-ever selves:
    Ronan (still the ultimate cheese machine, on the right node)
    Scarlet Witch (crazy RNG madness)

Scarlet Witch was changed from her original design, both directly and indirectly post 12.0.

The direct change is that her chance to proc regeneration and stun is now lower than her chance to proc everything else (it was originally equal chance for everything).

The indirect change is that post 12.0 there's no way to get the ridiculous amount of crit chance that was possible pre-12.0, which indirectly reduces the power of her chaos buffs and debuffs.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,613 ★★★★★
    Truth be told there are champs I never heard of and champs I know well based off watching all avengers.3 seasons of guardians of the galaxy series and different variations of spiderman animated series when growing up not to mention contest of champions has been featured in Ultimate Spiderman series
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

I’m curious to know which champs y’all still invest in and rank? I find myself going back and dusting off the older bottles in basement now and then, and legit have a blast with them. My current faves are daredevil and Electra. Who are the oldies that you swear by, and why?

About champs stay untuned from their release , archangel is my most favorite old fashioned one , he has a unique playstyle and a unique way of approaching fights too , i still use him a lot nowadays , especially in BG. Hyperion was too , but i barely use him over the last few years , as champs like Hulkling , galan , herc , cgr ,.... is just much better
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    I have an affinity for the classics and there's plenty who still carry their weight. SW tops the list for me along with horseman wolvy who I sadly missed out on getting as a 6* and have to run ascended r5 5* instead. I use r4 200 6* SW and OG Thor a whole lot, have Medusa at r4 who gets a lot of play too. Vision AoU is really good too if you have the patience to play through his pillow hands and just power control your way to victory. Same for Psylocke who I have at r4 as well but thanks to Apoc again her damage is much much better than Visions.
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Member Posts: 153 ★★
    Polygon said:

Archangel, better than Kitty imo

Different. Not better. Love them both and use them both.