Options

Why is “Galan” censored in the in game chat.

Just what the title says.

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,737 Guardian
    edited October 2023
    "Galan" isn't censored by the in-game chat. (At least in my global)

"Galan is" is censored by the in-game chat. Don't you know that is very bad words?

Some of my favorite phrases that used to be censored are "I'm too" and "breezed".
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,827 ★★★★★
    masochism is censored which on one hand i get but on the other reallyyy
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,406 ★★★★★
    It's a little unpredictable - sometimes words might get through; other times they won't.

I wonder if there are any rules required for in-game chat filters that Kabam has to abide by?

For example any mention of any alcoholic drink is censored - is that required so that the game isn't rated for adults?

It's certainly inconvenient, when my Alliance leader's in-game name is "Ilovescotch"
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 642 ★★★
    Even sugar 'pill' is censored lol
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★

It's a little unpredictable - sometimes words might get through; other times they won't.

I wonder if there are any rules required for in-game chat filters that Kabam has to abide by?

For example any mention of any alcoholic drink is censored - is that required so that the game isn't rated for adults?

It's certainly inconvenient, when my Alliance leader's in-game name is "Ilovescotch"

Wow, we're in the same alliance, never noticed lol

But to the main point, yeah the chat censoring is crazy at times. Very inconsistent. I believe "trade" is also a banned word for me, which I get in case of scams or whatever, but a bit annoying during gifting events
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,298 ★★★★★
    Jokes on you they banned the word "seen" for me
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    Yeah, the Kabam censorship can be hilarious at times. Some of my favorite ones:

"Congrats on whoever just pulled **************!" after I saw someone pull a 6* America Chavez (I think it was) back when she came out. Those sneaky Canadians probably intentionally censor "America" for the laughs.

"Please note that this alliance does not accept ********* in any way!" when we got docked one season because someone cheated. However, it was surprisingly difficult to convey what had happened and how much I (as the alliance leader) didn't want to see it happen again since the word "cheating" wasn't allowed.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,687 ★★★★★
    Ive had some odd censor when playing incursions i dont remember them as i sometimes forget what i type after its been censored i think some of mine has been words that aint foul language or sometimes certain champs