Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

10/17 Alliance Ticket Cost update << unfair conversion cost

While I welcome the pro-player move to remove the cost of alliance tickets I would like to point out an unfair situation that I am facing.

I have over 6,400 Alliance Tickets. I regularly purchase 50+ whenever the cost is reset. I only use gold and the cost averages between 6500 and 7942+ gold if I buy 50+ (so more if I get 60-70). I did this to get the best deal on alliance tickets when I decide to play higher maps (taking a break from map7/8) that cost a lot more.

So at your propose 6500 per ticket exchange rate I am loosing 0-1492+ gold per ticket. Or 0-23% of what I bought them for. For arguements sake lets average it to 1000 gold per ticket (since there was a time I was playong map7/8 and buying 70-80 tickets a cycle for much more than 1492).

This is why I did not convert more tickets during the last store event. This is a loss for me.

Then I am loosing $6.4M gold. This is not fair and penalizing your players that like to plan.

Can someone calculate how many real USD that is? Please help your dedicated player base and not rip us off with this change.

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,575 ★★★★★

The conversion is correct in the store way
  • Options
    sfsiliconsfsilicon Posts: 110
    Bendy I think your missing what I am saying.

Tickets start at 6500 gold for the 1st one purchased. Every additional one you buy the price goes up. See "next item cost" in your screen shot. If you buy 50 tickets you pay 7942 gold.
  • Options
    Thanks ODP. I was assuming folks were discussing this with an open mind, but the "should be thankful" comment was a bit out of line.

I'm raising it since Kabam might not have thought the whole impact through. Maybe they thought the majority of players only buy tickets they need and its a lot of work to calculate the actual conversion cost. I might be in the minority with my 6m+ gold loss.

But if its only a few, I hope they can come up with something more equitable.

I spent many man hours playing arena, quests, events, etc. to build up my gold. I'm feeling the gold pinch even more acutely after the trade in event. If I had known about this I would have stopped buying tickets in advance. I just recently bought more tickets.

Would like to here if there are others out there in the same position as I am and what is a fair price in $ currently? I think a "be thankful" comment would seem less reasonable if let say 100k gold was worth $10. Then 6m gold is $600!
  • Options
    i will raise it up with kabam.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

That's your fault for buying 6400 of them. Are you serious? Lol. Terrible planning on your part.

Is it safe to assume you don't play map7 or 8? With the increasing price per purchase you save a lot of resources by buying tickets over time and map7+8 cost a lot of tickets.

Was waiting for a comment like this. I hope you remember your comment when Kabam pulls the plug on Mcoc and everyone who spent a ton of money on the game will think your comment is super appropriate. "It's your fault fault for spending money on a game that is basically rented code".

Moving on, I'd appreciate helpful inputs or am I the only one who has acquired so many tickets? How many tickets have you personally in your stash. Any idea what the current cost of gold is in units or $?
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,498 ★★★★
    sfsilicon said:

That's your fault for buying 6400 of them. Are you serious? Lol. Terrible planning on your part.

Is it safe to assume you don't play map7 or 8? With the increasing price per purchase you save a lot of resources by buying tickets over time and map7+8 cost a lot of tickets.

Was waiting for a comment like this. I hope you remember your comment when Kabam pulls the plug on Mcoc and everyone who spent a ton of money on the game will think your comment is super appropriate. "It's your fault fault for spending money on a game that is basically rented code".

Moving on, I'd appreciate helpful inputs or am I the only one who has acquired so many tickets? How many tickets have you personally in your stash. Any idea what the current cost of gold is in units or $?
    I've played map 8 since the day it was released. Never worried about the cost because of how abundant gold is in the game. It cost me a little over 1.25 million a week for tickets which is nothing. Your fault for trying to game the system. Hope you never get into investing. You won't like the results.
  • Options
    I've played map 8 since the day it was released. Never worried about the cost because of how abundant gold is in the game. It cost me a little over 1.25 million a week for tickets which is nothing. Your fault for trying to game the system. Hope you never get into investing. You won't like the results.
    Not sure how buying a lot of tickets is gaming the system? Thanks for clarifying about your map8 xp.
  • Options
    What do you expect to get back on the day MCOC shuts down?
    Nothing. Any dollar I spend on the game is gone.

The purpose of my post is to ask for consideration for something more equitable. For example Kabam could pull up the number of tickets bought then devide that by the number of players buying tickets. That would get us an average number of tickets purchased per person. Then you could calculate what the average price people paid for their tickets. I'm sure its not 6500 gold. In my case loosing 6m+ gold seems unfair.

I would not ask for anything if it weren't for the increasing pricing when buying tickets. I'd at least like to understand their thinking for the 6500.
  • Options
    A full refund on every penny spent since inception plus the cash value of every unit earned in-game. Are you not expecting that?
    Sorry for getting off topic with that comment. I was responding to the "its your fault" comment.

I do not expect anything back when the game ends. I am asking here that Kabam do something more equitable than 6500. From the number of tickets that I have it's clear I spent more than 6500 per ticket. Was hoping the calculation of 6.4m gold less than what I paid would explain why I'm posting here.
  • Options

6400 is 42 cycles of AQ. That's like a years worth of AQ. They announced the changes to AQ during the live stream 2 updates ago as well. I'm just not sure why you keep so many on hand.

Lol, TBH I was focusing on the savings and not on the number. I just remembered that map8 was pretty expensive = 150 tickets per week @ 5x8. So I buying 50 per week when I was not playing map 8 seemed like a good deal. If you buy 150 tickets without the prices resetting the price for the 150th ticket would be around 11k gold.

Also 52 weeks in a year so not quite a year. Also not everyone watches the live streams. If I did I might have save a few 50 purchases. Can you confirm that they said they will be stopping the ticket use and converting tickets at 6500 gold? Thought that was only announced today?
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,498 ★★★★
    sfsilicon said:

6400 is 42 cycles of AQ. That's like a years worth of AQ. They announced the changes to AQ during the live stream 2 updates ago as well. I'm just not sure why you keep so many on hand.

Lol, TBH I was focusing on the savings and not on the number. I just remembered that map8 was pretty expensive = 150 tickets per week @ 5x8. So I buying 50 per week when I was not playing map 8 seemed like a good deal. If you buy 150 tickets without the prices resetting the price for the 150th ticket would be around 11k gold.

Also 52 weeks in a year so not quite a year. Also not everyone watches the live streams. If I did I might have save a few 50 purchases. Can you confirm that they said they will be stopping the ticket use and converting tickets at 6500 gold? Thought that was only announced today?
    Something is not quite adding up with your story. At 50 tickets a week to save up 6400 tickets that is nearly 2.5 years. Not insulting you or your account but currently having 17.5 k prestige and 29 war mvps does not really indicate you are a skilled player doing the hardest content when it comes out. Especially when you have a 7*r2 unduped titania as a prestige champ. Again no offense just things aren't adding up.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,238 ★★★★★
    sfsilicon said:

Yes, It's bad hoarding 6400 tickets,
    It's also poor that they are giving base gold 6500 for each ticket.

Been paying map8 since day 1. Did map7 before that with massive donations.

The highest I reached with my AQ tickets was 1000 tickets like an year ago. Because I was buying 100 a week when AQ was free for some in-game reasons I don't remember. But that was year ago.

After they announced that they are taking away the tickets I have been buying less and less every week. At present I have 180, 100-200 more a week will be enough for to cover next few paid cycles.

I'm with you on the point that 6500 gold doesn't cut it. I'm not with you on those hoarded 6400 tickets.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I don't remember, how much did they gave us in the recent trade-in in the Cap's enlistment event?
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    I feel like if you have 6400+ tickets, gold should never be an issue for you
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,238 ★★★★★
    Wubbie075 said:

I don't remember, how much did they gave us in the recent trade-in in the Cap's enlistment event?

Exact same 6500/ticket. Reason why I didn't trade.
  • Options

Something is not quite adding up with your story. At 50 tickets a week to save up 6400 tickets that is nearly 2.5 years. Not insulting you or your account but currently having 17.5 k prestige and 29 war mvps does not really indicate you are a skilled player doing the hardest content when it comes out. Especially when you have a 7*r2 unduped titania as a prestige champ. Again no offense just things aren't adding up.

Sorry not following. I've been buying tickets for a long time. From my profile pic you can see that I have been playing for at least 8 years. It's also been a while since I last played map8 x5 so they have just been stacking up. As we all know rewards for AQ hasn't been great so I've been focusing more on AW and more recently BG. Was excited to hear about Kabam changing rewards dor several modes. I've felt AQ has been pretty bad for a while and much worse since the focus has been on other modes. I buy a minimum of 50 tickets every cycle, but have bought more in the past.

Not sure also what my skill level has to do with this? No offense taken because I have nothing to hide. Your correct that I'm not the most skilled. I played for the longest time in my 1st ally and didn't know how to parry. I'm still not great at fighting today, but I do know how to parry and can intercept and evade sps ;) Because I'm not that skilled is why I focus on other aspects of the game. I used to be an officer in several allys and was well known for organizing and recruiting. I also focused of collecting champs and maximizing my resources. For example I grind arena for units and new 3/4* champs and at one point I had 20m battle chips. I'm F2P so it hurts a lot when I'm getting a bad trade in deal.

Like I said nothing to hide, I started this thread because I feel 6500 per ticket trade in is unfair to people who paid much more for them (only 1st ticket is 6500), hoping Kabam can correct this for me or the community. Also provided an easy way to calculate a more equitable conversion rate.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,082 ★★★★★
    sfsilicon said:

There's 2 days between cycles. They said in the Livestream that AQ will no longer have an entry cost. They did not say anything about the conversion rate.
  • Options

Been paying map8 since day 1. Did map7 before that with massive donations.

The highest I reached with my AQ tickets was 1000 tickets like an year ago. Because I was buying 100 a week when AQ was free for some in-game reasons I don't remember. But that was year ago.

After they announced that they are taking away the tickets I have been buying less and less every week. At present I have 180, 100-200 more a week will be enough for to cover next few paid cycles.

I'm with you on the point that 6500 gold doesn't cut it. I'm not with you on those hoarded 6400 tickets.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'll definitely be working my stash down.

I take ownership for hoarding. Resource management is what I like about Kabam. It's kept me playing for over 8 years.

It just doesn't feel fair that after implementing a resource like tickets that have been bought at increasing cost based on the price you pay that Kabam will convert them at the lowest cost to them and a substancial penalty to those that bought them.
  • Options

Wubbie075 said:

Same for me. If you look at the price increase per ticket purchased 6500 is like a slap in the face. I only trade 2 tickets which I know I paid 6500 for each.

Found this resource which has the price increase table. https://www.mcoc-guide.com/alliance-tickets-everything-you-need-to-know/

At 50 tickets (my level, mostly map6 + prep for map7/8) you pay 1400 gold extra
    At 150 tickets (map8x5) you pay 4800 gold extra

Basically 6500 per ticket is highly discounted and your paying a lot more to get the tickets to afford playing the maps at the highest tiers (best rewards).

Ideally we'd get back the resources we paid for since the game is not shutting down.
  • Options
    benshb said:

I feel like if you have 6400+ tickets, gold should never be an issue for you

I'm feeling the pinch since I traded in a lot of gold during the recent trade in event and I'm still ranking up the champs I got out of that.

6400+ tickets doesn't sound like a lot. But its around 6.4m gold that I'm getting less. That's a lot for a F2P player like me.

Didn't expect the focus on the number of tickets I have vs the very low trade amount. I'm going to convert the ticket cost spreadsheet and get better numbers.
  • Options

There's 2 days between cycles. They said in the Livestream that AQ will no longer have an entry cost. They did not say anything about the conversion rate.

Thanks for clarifying. May I ask how many tickets you have?

Still no comment from Kabam on this. I'll submit a ticket next.

Have a lot of arena to grind for units for cyber week. Would prefer to spend more time on that, but 6.4m gold is not chump change.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

Wubbie075 said:

Did you think by not trading you'd be able to get more for them somehow?
  • Options
    Wubbie075 said:

Did you think by not trading you'd be able to get more for them somehow?

I stated earlier that my reason for buying tickets in advance is to pay less when playing higher level maps.