**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

8.3 exploration guide

Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
Hey guys, here is a simple guide to doing 8.3

Night thrasher path: Very easy, I used apoc to kill the skill champs, NF for the science defenders and torch obliterated Morningstar.
Antman path: NF and KP can kill everything, hulk works too and surprisingly had a fun time using Hawkeye who can solo the path.
Gamora path: Super easy for hulk/overseer even mystic spider is killed by hulk within a couple of SP1s.

Vulture boss: Absolute joke of a fight with Galan
Gorr boss: A joke with long shot, forget about foresight or any of the node
Omega sentinel boss: Another joke of a fight with Galan

Kitty path: Nimgod can solo entire path. I used omega sentinel synergy to help too and she works for attuma
Superior Iron man path: Use anyone, very easy path, don’t even need a bleed immune. Doom soloed half of it
Gambit path: Ridiculously easy path, CGR obliterated each fight in 40 seconds, didn’t even read the nodes. Hulkling also destroys.

Attuma boss: Omega sentinel with passive shocks from synergy worked for me, lots of champs good for tech path have shock like idoom
Dormammu boss: Another joke boss, hulk and torch kill him before you blink
Mephisto: Again, don’t bother reading the nodes, torch obliterates this joker in seconds

Sauron path: Another nimrod/OS fiesta. Very easy except I used kitty for zemo as I hate him.
Kingpin path: Very easy, just use a mutant, don’t even worry about the unstoppable nodes. Toad was pretty fun on this path
Doc oc path: CGR nuked everything again, path took like 3 minutes

Knull boss: Very easy, the power reserve node actually helps you since you want to bait knoll sp2 not sp1. I had fun soloing with sassy
Anti-venom: NF makes this fight a joke, actually quite hard to die since he constantly regens you the whole fight
Venompool: Herc killed him very quickly, another joke of a boss fight

Hulk path: NF rinses every fight here. I used hawkeye for fun and he soloed easily
Massacre path: Use scorpion with rupture pre-fight and the defenders just fall over
Elsa path: Apoc is great for this path, as is kitty who was doing 100K on each of her sp2 hits

Thing boss: Very easy, don’t even need a proper counter since kabam left him unawakened for some strange reason
Misty boss: This boss was a complete joke. She got off one special before AA melted her
Wong boss: Just use a science, scorp and torch work well

Doom path: Very easy with hulk
Mysterio path: Fun path with venom, Gamora, cgr etc
Sersi path: Doom and even magic did well on this lane, also long shot can be useful

Bishop boss: Absolute joke with idoom, sp3 sp2 and he’s dead
Quicksilver: NF and KP both rinse him easily
Havok: Interesting boss, I actually used doom with the mr fantastic synergy to gain armour ups and stop him from being unblockable

Voodoo path: Hulk solos every fight easily
Hyperion path: Mystic fiesta, doom, hood, longshot all do well
Spidey path: NF wrecks this path, very easy can use anyone

Cerastes final boss: Bit annoying to be honest, hulking, Gamora, Angela do well. Lots of guides on YouTube but I don’t think he is as fun as kang or even the grandmaster. Not really a fan of Kabam shoving strikers down our throat in every single quest and especially this fight.

To be honest, 8.3 is not challenging at all and could probably done with 5 stars. Story content is getting far too easy, I much preferred the old days where I was journeying through act 5 with my 4 stars or even act 6 which felt epic (although the rewards were indeed lacklustre). 8.3 isn't an engaging piece of content, and not very enjoyable; I think now that we have so many more powerful champs since the release of act 6 (most notably herc and kitty) it would be fine to return to a higher difficulty of story content, or something more along the lines of the 7 for 7 challenge which was widely enjoyed.

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    Nice la
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,791 ★★★★★

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    TLDR:
    Cerastes final boss is a bit annoying and not as fun as Kang/Grandmaster, 8.3.5 Havok boss is interesting, most of the other bosses were very easy and OP probably had a good laugh with them, since they were... a joke 😂
    8.3 not challenging, stort content getting easy, preferred the old, higher difficulty story content.
    @Milan1405 Nice write up and thanks for the laugh on describing bosses 😂
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 391 ★★

very convenient... though just calling a fight a joke because you used the best counter isn't the best way to approach it. Thanks for making this guide though, alliance mate.

Yes with counter every fight is easy. Or you can say a joke. There was a one time no counter for bishop but now idoom easily can cheese him. Peni was a ridiculous defender but now there is a galan or Hulkling can cheese even without losing 1% health.

Nice guide bro i completed 5 quest 100% already. Will go for final boss.

And btw Gorr is a joke also against 5* R1 Ronan🤣🤣
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 391 ★★
    Wait for the final boss. He might be fun to figth. And btw superior kang was not that hard. With Ultron he was a joke I did him one shot 3 times while exploration 7.4.
  • Options
    Adri5846Adri5846 Posts: 46
    Milan1405 said:

Hey guys, here is a simple guide to doing 8.3

Night thrasher path: Very easy, I used apoc to kill the skill champs, NF for the science defenders and torch obliterated Morningstar.
    Antman path: NF and KP can kill everything, hulk works too and surprisingly had a fun time using Hawkeye who can solo the path.
    Gamora path: Super easy for hulk/overseer even mystic spider is killed by hulk within a couple of SP1s.

Vulture boss: Absolute joke of a fight with Galan
    Gorr boss: A joke with long shot, forget about foresight or any of the node
    Omega sentinel boss: Another joke of a fight with Galan

Kitty path: Nimgod can solo entire path. I used omega sentinel synergy to help too and she works for attuma
    Superior Iron man path: Use anyone, very easy path, don’t even need a bleed immune. Doom soloed half of it
    Gambit path: Ridiculously easy path, CGR obliterated each fight in 40 seconds, didn’t even read the nodes. Hulkling also destroys.

Attuma boss: Omega sentinel with passive shocks from synergy worked for me, lots of champs good for tech path have shock like idoom
    Dormammu boss: Another joke boss, hulk and torch kill him before you blink
    Mephisto: Again, don’t bother reading the nodes, torch obliterates this joker in seconds

Sauron path: Another nimrod/OS fiesta. Very easy except I used kitty for zemo as I hate him.
    Kingpin path: Very easy, just use a mutant, don’t even worry about the unstoppable nodes. Toad was pretty fun on this path
    Doc oc path: CGR nuked everything again, path took like 3 minutes

Knull boss: Very easy, the power reserve node actually helps you since you want to bait knoll sp2 not sp1. I had fun soloing with sassy
    Anti-venom: NF makes this fight a joke, actually quite hard to die since he constantly regens you the whole fight
    Venompool: Herc killed him very quickly, another joke of a boss fight

Hulk path: NF rinses every fight here. I used hawkeye for fun and he soloed easily
    Massacre path: Use scorpion with rupture pre-fight and the defenders just fall over
    Elsa path: Apoc is great for this path, as is kitty who was doing 100K on each of her sp2 hits

Thing boss: Very easy, don’t even need a proper counter since kabam left him unawakened for some strange reason
    Misty boss: This boss was a complete joke. She got off one special before AA melted her
    Wong boss: Just use a science, scorp and torch work well

Doom path: Very easy with hulk
    Mysterio path: Fun path with venom, Gamora, cgr etc
    Sersi path: Doom and even magic did well on this lane, also long shot can be useful

Bishop boss: Absolute joke with idoom, sp3 sp2 and he’s dead
    Quicksilver: NF and KP both rinse him easily
    Havok: Interesting boss, I actually used doom with the mr fantastic synergy to gain armour ups and stop him from being unblockable

Voodoo path: Hulk solos every fight easily
    Hyperion path: Mystic fiesta, doom, hood, longshot all do well
    Spidey path: NF wrecks this path, very easy can use anyone

Cerastes final boss: Bit annoying to be honest, hulking, Gamora, Angela do well. Lots of guides on YouTube but I don’t think he is as fun as kang or even the grandmaster. Not really a fan of Kabam shoving strikers down our throat in every single quest and especially this fight.

To be honest, 8.3 is not challenging at all and could probably done with 5 stars. Story content is getting far too easy, I much preferred the old days where I was journeying through act 5 with my 4 stars or even act 6 which felt epic (although the rewards were indeed lacklustre). 8.3 isn't an engaging piece of content, and not very enjoyable; I think now that we have so many more powerful champs since the release of act 6 (most notably herc and kitty) it would be fine to return to a higher difficulty of story content, or something more along the lines of the 7 for 7 challenge which was widely enjoyed.

Very useful!!

Thnaks mate!
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,366 ★★★★
    Not really a fan of Kabam shoving strikers down our throat in every single quest and especially this fight.

POV: high leveled Strikers become the requirement for next progression title
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

very convenient... though just calling a fight a joke because you used the best counter isn't the best way to approach it. Thanks for making this guide though, alliance mate.

Nah. The fights are very basic.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,559 ★★★★★
    Thanks
    And definitely 8.3 is way way too easier
  • Options
    Adri5846Adri5846 Posts: 46
    edited October 2023
    "Did you really need to quote the whole thing tho?"

I am a forum noob bro... sry
  • Options

It really is way too easy. The bosses have a wide variety of counters you can use, I just listed the ones I personally used. But you can even use 5 star versions of those champs and still solo the bosses. Glad you guys liked my brief guide.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    Pretty good guide until the whole shoving strikers down our throat stuff. They’ve been out for a while now and people either complain that they’re doing too little or that they’re everywhere. I think strikers are useful af for a wide variety of scenarios and it’s neat that they incorporated it into the final fight here in a good way

Also have to say that while 8.3 is super easy, it was also fun. Definitely not on the challenging content spectrum at all, but it’s neat to test out a variety of champs on some of the lanes. I thought some node combos were really fun to run through
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Pretty good guide until the whole shoving strikers down our throat stuff. They’ve been out for a while now and people either complain that they’re doing too little or that they’re everywhere. I think strikers are useful af for a wide variety of scenarios and it’s neat that they incorporated it into the final fight here in a good way

Also have to say that while 8.3 is super easy, it was also fun. Definitely not on the challenging content spectrum at all, but it’s neat to test out a variety of champs on some of the lanes. I thought some node combos were really fun to run through

Tbh I don't really find it fun to just run through 18 paths quickly. Act 8.3 felt similar to the monthly event quest instead of the net big part of the story, which I think should be much more of a challenge. I wish Kabam would go back to making act 6 like content or variant 1 style (updated for current times) where it was difficult skill wise and roster wise since we now have all the new champs to deal with tougher nodes, not to mention choice nodes, relics etc which all help. It also makes you a much better player. Act 6 made me properly good at the game and doing pre nerf act 6 was defo a big advantage in battlegrounds as my matchup/champion knowledge and skill vastly improved. I would love to see a return to where act and variant content is the "biggest, toughest and most rewarding" part of the game. Heck, @Kabam Miike I'll design a new variant or act 8.4 for you and make it challenging but fair. And I'll do it for free.
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Thank you so much for this guide, it will really help in the coming weeks
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Thanks for the write up
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

I like that they made the content fun. This is a game, and I want to have fun playing it.

Agree with you. Don’t want to go back to the era where playing was as stressful as your job. Fun content to take your mind off other things is what a game is played for. At least for the vast majority.
    I always enjoyed tough story content as I could go through it at my own pace and made rank ups more meaningful and interesting. For me aw and aw are far more stressful than even the toughest story content. AW you feel bad if you die as it might cost the war for your teammates and AQ feel like a job or a chore rather than a game.
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 368 ★★★
    I must be missing something about the Superior Iron Man path. It says enemies inflict a bleed passive "if a buff ends any other way than naturally", but I'm getting bleed passives just for striking people (attackers were Morbius, Stryfe, and Shuri, so no nullification). I made it as far as Heimdall, and I have to start the path over.
  • Options
    Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Posts: 234 ★★★

I must be missing something about the Superior Iron Man path. It says enemies inflict a bleed passive "if a buff ends any other way than naturally", but I'm getting bleed passives just for striking people (attackers were Morbius, Stryfe, and Shuri, so no nullification). I made it as far as Heimdall, and I have to start the path over.

Doom and CGR cheesed this path.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,559 ★★★★★
    Thanks

If you dex the opponent then strike, your precision buff end unnaturally. Better disarm the opponent asap or use a bleed immune
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,121 ★★★★
    “ I think now that we have so many more powerful champs since the release of act 6 (most notably herc and kitty) it would be fine to return to a higher difficulty of story content”

The thing that’s tough about that is that not everyone *has* Hercules and you shouldn’t build an entire game meta around how powerful *one* character is, disregarding the majority of the champions.
  • Options

“ I think now that we have so many more powerful champs since the release of act 6 (most notably herc and kitty) it would be fine to return to a higher difficulty of story content”

The thing that’s tough about that is that not everyone *has* Hercules and you shouldn’t build an entire game meta around how powerful *one* character is, disregarding the majority of the champions.

You kind of have to though. The trouble is Kabam made this game and released champions so powerful, but also rubbish ones. If you try to make content that the 'average champion' can handle the top 10 champs will just absolutely smash it as top 15-20 champs in this game are head and so overpowered in comparison to the rest. Sadly the bottom 50% of champs are pretty much irrelevant. So we are left in a situation where Kabam simply has to assume everyone has most of the top 10 champions and then make content that will actually challenge them or the content will be a cakewalk for the top champs like herc, kitty, NF, KP, CGR, torch, scorp, AA, Doom etc etc.
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 368 ★★★

Thanks

If you dex the opponent then strike, your precision buff end unnaturally. Better disarm the opponent asap or use a bleed immune
    Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I thought it was when a buff expired on the DEFENDER, not the Attacker. I feel dumb lol
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
    Good work…Tks mate. Great info
  • Options
    Just explored the quest following your guide, except for 8.3.3 Kingpin path, use any mutant with prowness and Bishops nukes the path except for Red hulk. And for Havok boss in 8.3.5 we can use Angela, CGR aswell but don't block his hits. Just use Angela and refresh armour ups with sp1.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,791 ★★★★★
    For Havok boss in 8.3.5 the best counter in game is Colossus. It's practically impossible not to end the fight at 100% health. For anyone needing this info.
  • Options

For Havok boss in 8.3.5 the best counter in game is Colossus. It's practically impossible not to end the fight at 100% health. For anyone needing this info.

Come on man! who needs to end the fight with 100% health. Just chip him with your available roster