Omega Red striker interaction

OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 774 ★★★
Has anyone else noticed that spores fall off while a striker is active? It sort of makes sense because OR is not technically near the opponent then, but it basically makes it worthless to use them on him.

Comments

• Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Ortoun said:

Has anyone else noticed that spores fall off while a striker is active? It sort of makes sense because OR is not technically near the opponent then, but it basically makes it worthless to use them on him.

This is consistent across the game and always benefits the defender.

If the defender has an "aura"/"proximity" effect, we are impacted by it when we use our strikers as if there's no distance between us at all. However if we have a similar effect and throw a striker, our benefit acts as though there's distance between us.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I brought this up to the devs, so we may or may not see a resolution to it in the coming months

Nice! Thanks.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    Strikers are all over the place. You can add tactical charges and rock stacks with them, but can’t take korg’s rock stacks away. Future ant-man’s power detonation timer works based off whether or not he’s landing hits, and the striker seems to work here and it can activate the detonation. Aarkus’s armor break countdown just doesn’t show up when the striker gets activated.

I swear that Herc’s immortality used to be paused when using the striker a couple updates ago, but it doesn’t do that now
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Really hope they change it soon, he's always been one of my favorite champs but ever since the mutant class started getting banger after banger Omega Red just kinda started fading into obscurity to the point you don't really see him being used anymore unless there's a bleed node or someone's running suicides. That small relic change would help him so much.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

It’s weird because striker close logic is very inconsistent in the game

The main thing I don't like about it is when you're fighting OR, the striker counts as being close to him.
    Yeah this. He should be still applying them or at least stay at the same amount when using the striker :’(
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,860 ★★★★★
    If you've got an ability like Life Steal, it stops working on striker attacks.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    Use your heavy attack prior to launching the striker. This has worked well for me in many situations, especially the Mr.Sinister relic. The heavy places a degen which keeps spores from falling off.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    GMAX77 said:

Use your heavy attack prior to launching the striker. This has worked well for me in many situations, especially the Mr.Sinister relic. The heavy places a degen which keeps spores from falling off.

Yeah. That works, but it means that using the striker to make an opening to heavy isn't worth it. But that is kind of beside the point, it's inconsistent as to whether you are considered near or far, hitting the opponent or not, to the point where you can't tell how it will interact with various abilities with out trying every single interaction.