Options

Of course there are no elders marks in Vibranium

Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 147 ★★
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
Nice one, Kabam. Sure, why not take away elders marks in Vibranium? Makes perfect sense that you earn them when you rise in lower levels but when you win five consecutive matches at the high levels of VT? No way, no marks for that.

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    It's almost like Kabam is handholding scrubs and using that same hand to smack upper tiers.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,765 Guardian

Nice one, Kabam. Sure, why not take away elders marks in Vibranium? Makes perfect sense that you earn them when you rise in lower levels but when you win five consecutive matches at the high levels of VT? No way, no marks for that.

Actually, it does in fact make perfect sense. First of all, Kabam didn’t take them away from Vibranium, they were not there to begin with. We have the opportunity to earn a certain amount, and there’s no law that says if there are more VT tiers they just have to give away more than intended.

So why give them in the lower tiers instead of the upper tiers? Because elder marks have nothing to do with progressing up BG ranks. They only affect BG point milestones. Point milestones are primarily a participation reward, unlike the VT promotion and GC rank rewards which are competition rewards. So elder marks are weighted towards more players earning them rather than being a reward that is gated to high tier promotion to get.

Whether they front load marks to lower VT tiers or spread them out across Vibranium, players that reach Vibranium will get the same amount either way. It is the players that don’t reach Vibranium that would get fewer, and that’s not intended for a participation focused reward.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,576 ★★★★★
    Grr. Thanks for the warning.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 774 ★★★
    you get like 2500 marks for "not doing the lower tiers". you would have spent at least half of them making your way up, and that assumes a perfect record.

The lack of marks isn't the issue... its the need to win 5 to get out without the "2 points for a win, 1 for a loss" that exists in lower ranks.

I've found certain times of day to be easier than others. Maybe the top players are busy doing some tournament, or are asleep or whatever... but I do find ways to go on 5 match winning streaks by just "playing at the right time" and getting matched to opponents with mostly R3s in their deck, vs the usual R5s and R2s I might find at other times, where I struggle to go 50-50.

The results are so drastic, that without other information, it would almost sound like 2 different people were playing my account... but when in reality I'm just fighting opponents that are about 20% lower in PI than me rather than ones who are 10% high with all the recent champs maxed out.
  • Options
    The extra tiers they added to VT when seeding was implemented never got elders marks. We got more rewards of everything else, but they decided to not add more elders marks.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,103 ★★★
    This month should have had a little extra elders marks. It is quite tedious once u run out between 250 k-300 k points to grind at 750 per match unless you want to spend $5 for every match after that and that’s saying you don’t get bad rng and walk away with half the points. As much of a gamble as running crystals
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,765 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Actually, it does in fact make perfect sense. First of all, Kabam didn’t take them away from Vibranium, they were not there to begin with. We have the opportunity to earn a certain amount, and there’s no law that says if there are more VT tiers they just have to give away more than intended.

So why give them in the lower tiers instead of the upper tiers? Because elder marks have nothing to do with progressing up BG ranks. They only affect BG point milestones. Point milestones are primarily a participation reward, unlike the VT promotion and GC rank rewards which are competition rewards. So elder marks are weighted towards more players earning them rather than being a reward that is gated to high tier promotion to get.

Whether they front load marks to lower VT tiers or spread them out across Vibranium, players that reach Vibranium will get the same amount either way. It is the players that don’t reach Vibranium that would get fewer, and that’s not intended for a participation focused reward.
    That’s a cool story, man. Why don’t you explain some of Kabam’s other annoying decisions. Any brilliant insights on consumables you want to share?
    Well, there was that time I thought they should lower the cost of alliance war revives.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 693 ★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

with these events they are punishing those that play the mode regularly every season but are f2p players v those that never play the mode much.
    and encourage those who do play in future to save the elders marks for the next event like this.
    that is my problem with this.

i play every season, and this season i started with 2300 marks. i am now at the point where if i WL for the rest of the season i will need to buy marks to be able to reach my target score.
    people i know who almost never play the mode have entered in with 9000 marks and can just do whatever with no concern.
    my issue is all events like this do is encourage people to hoard. as now in future seasons i do not wanna use my marks and save them just for the next month like this.

Yes, it encourages people to hoard EM. I disagree though with your first part since I am f2p and play every season (except the first two because I had taken a break from the game).

I spent the first few seasons never using EM to get to the max, then I only use what I gain each season and use energy for the rest. I'm not hurting this season though
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,926 ★★★★★
    Oh no Kabam wants you to spend units from the stash you farmed for months for CM