Options

Has anyone else been reading the Candy Side event story? This is just sad....

2»

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,586 ★★★★★
    Reminds me of Moriarty from ST:TNG.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,589 ★★★★★

The writers consistently nail the dialogue and anyone skipping it is doing themselves a disservice.

Or they're doing themselves a favour and saving some time 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    IsisixkswmrIsisixkswmr Posts: 237
    Steve didn’t deserve any if it. I detest richards, and every time I see him I will bring out Steve and annihilate reed for CANDY
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    o_o said:

I was about to say something about me ranking up some villans when i said that i wasnt ranking up him
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,718 ★★★★★
    He just did, "bada bing bada boom" reset
    But Steve resisted and now another symbiotic revolution is upon us.

• Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 897 ★★★★
    edited November 2023

I was about to say something about me ranking up some villans when i said that i wasnt ranking up him

Yeah you need a villian not a monster
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    Josh2507 said:

Reed Richards is the real monster

Now for some mental gymnastics:

Are you teasing The Maker?
    Change that profile pictures NOW
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,410 ★★★
    Lol...
    Nobody noticed this below?

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Vanitelia said:

As someone who has worked with individuals with autism and other developmental disorders for 20+ years, this story definitely hits home. It also reminds me of the movie Awakenings (based off Oliver Sack's case starring Robert DeNiro and Robin Williams).A lot of people feel isolated/trapped from the rest of the world when they don't have a means of expressing themselves.

As a society, we think that they are somehow less intelligent because of it. Reed used a translation device, not a genius button. That means Steve has always had these feelings, but didn't have a way to effectively communicate those thoughts to us. Just because Reed turned it off doesn't mean those thoughts just go away.

For me, that's the saddest part of all of this. Very much the Awakenings vibe where they got to live their best life and then went back to their paralyzed state. Brain still works but with no real way of telling us so. Sad, sad story indeed.

The First line just confirms what you said
  • Options

Lol...
    Nobody noticed this below?

Notice what?