**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is Blade so good?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    ShtickRick wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses, this question came about because I read on another post where someone said there is no absolute best champ in the game, but many people disagreed and said it was Blade instead.

Hype train. After years of making our life difficult, kabam finally provided a brainless offensive answer to mystic nonsense.

So now everyone wants in on the hype train and it results in throwing around trigger words like “insane” and “massive” about things that aren’t either by people who don’t even have blade.

Want to know who is best? Bring a 5* 5.65 one man team to AQ, AW, LoL, Act 5 and see who does best overall over all that content. It won’t be Blade. It’ll be Iceman.

But that's the thing, the only content that is meant for 1 champ is 1v1 arena fights. Many "OP" champs rely on synergies and team play. Iceman is great but can't take down a full map on his own. Duped Blade can at least regen. Iceman can't. Player skill can make more of a difference than anything else.

Iceman can take any path on any AQ map by himself. Iceman dominates AW and can clear entire paths by himself. Iceman can do every fight in LoL by himself. Iceman can clear act 5 by himself. 5* 5.65 version will have enough attack to do it. He’s not the biggest damage dealer but he can do it and do it painlessly. Blade will run up against several brick walls in that content, with or without synergies.

He is also immune to basically everything. He has no real weakness. He is the best overall champ.

But I hope everyone continues this blade is god nonsense. Whatever keeps the spotlight off my Iceman 🤷🏻‍♂️

First off, No. He's not immune to Bane. He is not immune to degen debuffs. His health pool is OK but hes not a tank. He will take block damage over time. There isn't a single champ that could clear Act 5 or LOL solo. If there was, there would be videos of it and lots of talk about it. Please stop that nonsense.

I’m just going to assume this is anti-iceman propaganda to underrate him and thus protect him from kabam.

Maybe people need to stop talking so much in general and just enjoy champs for what they can do. Instead of “hey everyone here’s another thread talking about how amazing this champ is.”

Idk if it’s the desire to feel included on the hype train or what, but they’re not telling anyone anything they don’t already know. They’re just shining a spotlight that doesn’t need to be turned on.

I am not anti-iceman but you are building up a champ that can't do what you stated. If you read what I posted about blade I was critical about what he is. YOU are shining a spot light on a champ for reasons new players might actually take as literal. You are spreading miss-information.
    Iceman is a great champ.
    Blade is a great champ.
    End of story.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Thanks for the responses, this question came about because I read on another post where someone said there is no absolute best champ in the game, but many people disagreed and said it was Blade instead.

Hype train. After years of making our life difficult, kabam finally provided a brainless offensive answer to mystic nonsense.

So now everyone wants in on the hype train and it results in throwing around trigger words like “insane” and “massive” about things that aren’t either by people who don’t even have blade.

Want to know who is best? Bring a 5* 5.65 one man team to AQ, AW, LoL, Act 5 and see who does best overall over all that content. It won’t be Blade. It’ll be Iceman.

But that's the thing, the only content that is meant for 1 champ is 1v1 arena fights. Many "OP" champs rely on synergies and team play. Iceman is great but can't take down a full map on his own. Duped Blade can at least regen. Iceman can't. Player skill can make more of a difference than anything else.

Iceman can take any path on any AQ map by himself. Iceman dominates AW and can clear entire paths by himself. Iceman can do every fight in LoL by himself. Iceman can clear act 5 by himself. 5* 5.65 version will have enough attack to do it. He’s not the biggest damage dealer but he can do it and do it painlessly. Blade will run up against several brick walls in that content, with or without synergies.

He is also immune to basically everything. He has no real weakness. He is the best overall champ.

But I hope everyone continues this blade is god nonsense. Whatever keeps the spotlight off my Iceman 🤷🏻‍♂️

First off, No. He's not immune to Bane. He is not immune to degen debuffs. His health pool is OK but hes not a tank. He will take block damage over time. There isn't a single champ that could clear Act 5 or LOL solo. If there was, there would be videos of it and lots of talk about it. Please stop that nonsense.

I’m just going to assume this is anti-iceman propaganda to underrate him and thus protect him from kabam.

Maybe people need to stop talking so much in general and just enjoy champs for what they can do. Instead of “hey everyone here’s another thread talking about how amazing this champ is.”

Idk if it’s the desire to feel included on the hype train or what, but they’re not telling anyone anything they don’t already know. They’re just shining a spotlight that doesn’t need to be turned on.

I am not anti-iceman but you are building up a champ that can't do what you stated. If you read what I posted about blade I was critical about what he is. YOU are shining a spot light on a champ for reasons new players might actually take as literal. You are spreading miss-information.
    Iceman is a great champ.
    Blade is a great champ.
    End of story.

I dont spread misinformation. Iceman can do everything I said. Except beat x-23 in LoL.

New players feel free to PM me for more information.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    I wouldn't know 0 for 4 trying with 15K crystals.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017

@Rektor You literally said he can do every fight. Now he can't beat X-23. I want to see video of you soloing LOL and act 5 with just Iceman. Lets see the $1000's of dollars you'll spend on revives and pots.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    This will be closed soon for going off topic
  • BmoreWilsonBmoreWilson Posts: 48
    Blade is one of the best in game. Ppl just hate the fact their little cheesiness in aw won’t work anymore. Blade is good for someone who needs an all around champ now obviously he isn’t good against bleed immune champs, neither is black panther or wolverine ( wolverine can still heal tho) but obviously you pick your matches with blade just like you would do any other champ. So all this he is overhyped talk is complete bs. If anyone is overrated it’s Taskmaster. Tech spidey and blade are 2 champs you would absolutely love on your team. Tech spidey more tho.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Some people really trying hard not to get him nerfed. lol

😀
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    He’s so good his power causes people to create fantasies about iceman being a better champion for clearing lanes in AQ and lol.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Blade is great for clutch fights where you have low health. His bleeds finish off opponents fast and the power gain means that he almost always has a bar of power. However, he is pretty bad against bleed immunes and even more so against high armor champs. Fought a CW in MODOK's lab. Fight took 200 hits with a 3/45 blade
    Speaking of fantasies, I’m glad kabam supported the idea that there were already plenty of avenues to acquire t1a by dramatically lowering the glory store cost for t1a.

Lol.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Nerf bomb in T minus 5,4,3,........
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Just say you want him nerfed, you know you want to.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Lol guys, if they want to nerf a character they will. You don't need to undermine him to save him from the nerf-hammer. That said, after 12.0 I highly doubt they will nerf one of the most popular and summoners' favourite champs.

And yes Blade is super crazy. The guy saying he sucks against colossus. That argument is so invalid, lemme tell you why.
    People want new champs that would help them defeat the champs which can be a real nuisance to fight against in quests/ AWs, such as Magik, Dorm, Meph, and evaders like Spideys, NC etc.

Now there was no real counter to these top mystics in AW, maybe Magik, and against Meph there were only iceman and Meph himself, but their damage output isn't even near Blade's. Danger sense with that crazy L2 is freaking AMAZING. And with synergies, that danger sense can expand to more than 50% champs in the game, including the whole mystic class. (Also all 5.4 bosses are villans) Oh and he's probably the best Modok-killer too.

Now, Colossus, well I can beat him with almost around 80% of the champs in the game. (Colossus on thorns was a diff story, but there is no thorns in AW anymore) Easy specials, no MD, easy animations, hits like a pillow.

And iceman, yeah he is great. Top 5 for sure, but then again good luck fighting Magiks and dorms with him.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    "We listened to the community, and....."

Kabam in 3 months
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I guess Google will now get all the exclusive crystal offers. They have a purchasable ultimate crystal deal up now, but if that was on apple we'd be able to see the odds, correct?
  • ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210
    I know this is kinda lazy but could anyone give a brief overview of his abilities?
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    He will be nerfed. It's typical of what is done.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    The best part about blade is he makes people who have 4/55 magiks and the ones that missed him cry... and they insist on overhyping him.

As you can see the many posts by people who have him high rank (i also have him) hes a great character, but hes not the god-all, end-all, gamebreaker character as people with 4/55 magiks/dont have him make him out to be. He is a very situational champ (right synergies against the right opponents against non-hindering nodes, which is rare in high content).

Pre 12.0 SW, strange, BW and thor legitimately broke them game, as well as block prof teams, and that is why they were nerfed.

Read demonzfyre's post it is straight truth.
    When was the 12.0 update?
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★

Agree 100%

Agree 100%
    Is that sarcasm, cause the point was to stop talking about it so it doesn’t draw attention, yet here you are drawing more attention to it.
    A bit off topic but is Blade the best bleeder in the game?
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    @ShtickRick no, he only bleeds on parry and specials not regular attacks, x23, Gwenpool are far better bleeders
    Given his sp2 bleeds and you can potentially finish every combo with an Sp2 he may just be the best bleeder in the game as well.
    Tempest wrote: »
    @ShtickRick no, he only bleeds on parry and specials not regular attacks, x23, Gwenpool are far better bleeders
    On that note I’d heard Gwenpool was good but I didn’t realize just how good she was until I took my 3* version for a spin and she was absolutely amazing.
    A bit off topic but is Blade the best bleeder in the game?

GR the best bleeder in the game.

I hope you have the t1a to rank him up. Especially now that kabam lowered the costs to account for the severe shortage we’ve all experienced.

• BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    My Goooooooood is this still going whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy telll me.