Options

Nah what is this

Comments

• Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,810 ★★★★
    Out of curiosity- what are you spending your gold on to get to the 2 million milestone? Outside of rankups I can’t think of anything significant I can spend on.
  • Options
    I think the time gates are the better solution here. You dont need to be stressed to miss something because of a forgotten login.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,106 ★★★★

Out of curiosity- what are you spending your gold on to get to the 2 million milestone? Outside of rankups I can’t think of anything significant I can spend on.

I think that is essentially the only way people are obtaining the milestones.

I was waiting until a Level Up event, but I can understand someone wanting to do it now if they had the resources or wanted the rewards - which was probably frustrating to them after they found out they were time-locked.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,469 ★★★★
    Thanks for letting us know that something else is time locked! As if the timelocked Side Quest wasn't enough 😑 They know that they need to stop the nonsense.

• Options
    Made a post about this but it was quickly closed by @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

Thanks for letting us know that something else is time locked! As if the timelocked Side Quest wasn't enough 😑 They know that they need to stop the nonsense.

Time locked side quests or rewards are a way to lure non daily or rare logging in players, into more frequent logging.
    It's an effective practice amongst online games to maintain or increase activity.
    But, as most things it has it's downsides.
    In this case, the downside is that as a side effect the timers are annoying to the daily active players that would log in anyway.
    Kabam probably weighted things out and estimated that is worth "annoying" a bit the community, in order to keep or raise the playerbase.
    I can understand where they come from, but that doesn't make the time locks less frustrating 😠

Interesting perspective 🤔👊🏾. And yes definitely frustrating.
  • Options

Made a post about this but it was quickly closed by @Kabam Miike

Because you barely expanded on your points, you just quickly bashed the whole thing and your tone was not it.
    Yes I bashed it. Shamelessly. It deserved it. At some point Kabam has to wake up and realize that putting more locked rewards in the game are going to frustrate players who need them to move forward. But I also made my point clear and concise, so there was no need to expand anything. I even made a reasonable suggestion. I asked simple questions that could have garnered more responses from others. But instead of allowing time for that to happen, Miike quickly closed the thread because it didn't suit him.

And here we are.
  • Options

Gang come on…

Literally one of the worst things they always do
    Couldn't agree more
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

Hey all,

I know these time gated rewards aren't particularly popular amongst the community, and I think it has to do with the fact that we've earned the reward now, but have to wait to get it, but it is just the same event, using a different method.

Team knows these time gated rewards aren’t popular with the community yet still implement them, what stage of being out of touch with your player base is this? 💀

The one where we know it's the better option, and that players will get used to it over time, but we can't get players used to it if we don't do more of these. Let's be honest, we're not great with accepting change here, even when it's objectively better for ourselves.

Regardless of the way we did this, 1 month long event with time gated rewards, or 4x 1-Week events, you'd be waiting the exact same amount of time for those rewards.
    It's objectively a better system it just makes everyone feel bad that we can see the rewards that we've earned already right in front of us with a lock on it. Like a really delicious looking cake locked in a display case that you can't eat
    Isn’t that the same with calendars though?
    What? The time locked resources? If the calendars are locked, isn't that enough? Do we really need other rewards to be locked too??
  • Options
    WeaponX2112WeaponX2112 Posts: 23
    I understand spacing out the SQ entries to a degree, but not the gold objective rewards. And it's even more annoying because the lock wasn't there until I hit the milestones. Before that it just said "in progress."
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,260 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

Hey all,

I know these time gated rewards aren't particularly popular amongst the community, and I think it has to do with the fact that we've earned the reward now, but have to wait to get it, but it is just the same event, using a different method.

Team knows these time gated rewards aren’t popular with the community yet still implement them, what stage of being out of touch with your player base is this? 💀

The one where we know it's the better option, and that players will get used to it over time, but we can't get players used to it if we don't do more of these. Let's be honest, we're not great with accepting change here, even when it's objectively better for ourselves.

Regardless of the way we did this, 1 month long event with time gated rewards, or 4x 1-Week events, you'd be waiting the exact same amount of time for those rewards.
    It's objectively a better system it just makes everyone feel bad that we can see the rewards that we've earned already right in front of us with a lock on it. Like a really delicious looking cake locked in a display case that you can't eat
    For calendars it doesn't feel as bad because while we can still see them we haven't earned them yet. Or at least we don't feel like it. Being able to see that we've met the criteria for unlocking the rewards and not being able to get them "because i said so" makes everyone feel far worse than the calendars where it's the opposite of that
    That makes sense, I appreciate your reasoning.

Real question then, if it’s a choice between calendars and this, would you genuinely choose calendars knowing that it’s functionally worse? But that it avoids the part of your brain that feels you’ve earned the rewards?

Edit: although just remember that when I say calendar I don’t mean like a monthly calendar, I mean one of the calendars that give you keys to go and do the content.
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 269 ★★

ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

Hey all,

What? The time locked resources? If the calendars are locked, isn't that enough? Do we really need other rewards to be locked too??
    I think that what you’re forgetting, is that if these rewards weren’t time locked via this claim mechanic, they would be time locked in another way.

There are very, very few side quests in the game history where we can just go in day 1 and complete it all. It’s either time locked by calendar, or by releasing weekly content. This is just a different way of doing so. But with the benefit that if you miss a day, you don’t miss out on a calendar entry, or if you are busy for a week, you don’t miss out on one of the weekly quests (especially if it’s the last one) you can do it at your leisure

Ideal world, sure, maybe we get it all at once. But that’s bad for the game overall, because fewer players keep logging in, retains fewer players, game makes less money and is worse overall. On the balance, I’m absolutely fine waiting some time to claim side quest rewards.
    Complete opposite viewpoint to your last sentence. Why continue logging into a game that keeps rewards I've contributed time and energy to away from me? Why spend with that company? This is a backwards movement from this company and I am going to call this out for the utter stupidity it is. And Miike telling us to expect more of this in the future is exactly what pisses me off the most right now. That's a horrible doubling down on an unpopular idea instead of taking the criticism back to the team that this went over like a lead balloon to a chunk of the devoted player base. That's how you lose players on top of not making improvements in a long running game.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,260 ★★★★★
    @spidyjedi84 my comment got sent to approval, so re writing here

This is a very strong reaction to waiting less than a month to claim rewards that have historically almost always been unable to claim for a month.

I can’t tell you you’re wrong to feel the way you do, but I will just remind you that these events are pretty much replacements for calendars that give you entries, or timed content. There is almost no universe where you will be able to go in and claim the rewards day 1.

Your choice is either this method, or go back to a set up where you have to log in every day anyway, and claim a key to be able to do the content. Which would you rather?
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,589 ★★★★★

Total guess. My theory is that there's a gold offer coming up during cyber weekend and that's why it is locked.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,304 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

Hey all,

For calendars it doesn't feel as bad because while we can still see them we haven't earned them yet. Or at least we don't feel like it. Being able to see that we've met the criteria for unlocking the rewards and not being able to get them "because i said so" makes everyone feel far worse than the calendars where it's the opposite of that

Real question then, if it’s a choice between calendars and this, would you genuinely choose calendars knowing that it’s functionally worse? But that it avoids the part of your brain that feels you’ve earned the rewards?

Edit: although just remember that when I say calendar I don’t mean like a monthly calendar, I mean one of the calendars that give you keys to go and do the content.
    I'd still choose this because it's just a better system, it just makes us feel worse because we can see we've already earned them and just cant have them. With calendars, i think it was more like we understood we didn't "earn" that reward or key yet and tomorrow we would so it felt way less annoying than this does.
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 668 ★★★
    Many players will get done with it on the very first day it's released and then they will complain there is nothing to do in game anymore whole month.That's why they had to come up with this.
    Earlier they did it weekly so you had to wait the same amount of time to get these rewards. The best rewards were at the end of the month anyway
  • Options
    Zephyre33Zephyre33 Posts: 132
    does this event gives only 100t2 primordial dust ? if not then where is the rest of it
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 330 ★★★
    If the true intention is to promote people playing more, then that justification isn't sound. Calendars require the daily logins, so getting people to play more often (by logging in) would mean going back to the calendar model.

The method of locked rewards doesn't prevent anything other than stopping you from claiming the rewards that have already been earned. I have a feeling it's easier on the backend for them to time lock rewards/entries than it is to have 4 week-long chapters in a side quest.

For what it's worth, I treat the rewards like a daily card...already "earned them" by paying, just have to wait until the timer hits zero before claiming them.
  • Options
    Abspain101Abspain101 Posts: 133
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

Hey all,

I'd still choose this because it's just a better system, it just makes us feel worse because we can see we've already earned them and just cant have them. With calendars, i think it was more like we understood we didn't "earn" that reward or key yet and tomorrow we would so it felt way less annoying than this does.
    I agree I would rather have this where you get a week at a time then login daily calendar miss a day and you are screwed at the end cause you can't go back and re do that day you missed honestly kabam has data on this already for instance think it was July's Sq where it glitched and everyone got to do the Sq all day one and by the end of the month everyone is complaining cause there wasn't anything to do so it's darned if they do darned if they don't
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,180 ★★★★★
    I actually like this do-it-all-and-collect-later vs daily-collection-calendars as you technically can't miss out on the rewards if you start late, and you don't have to do the "thing" every day - you can do it once to cover for every reward.

But... I also understand the psychological strain of seeing the rewards and not having them.

What I do personally, is just ignore the milestones tab after seeing this format until I get the notifications vs staring at them longingly each day.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,025 ★★★★★
    I dunno about you guys,; but its a "spending" resourcers event, I usually dont have a rush to spend my stuff quick 🤣
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,106 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Zephyre33 said:

does this event gives only 100t2 primordial dust ? if not then where is the rest of it

I don't think they intend for you to Ascend a 6* every single month. So this makes sense. There is no "rest of it"