Since the Adam Warlock update my game is broken

KnuIIKnuII Member Posts: 10
I have a Huawei p40 lite, and since the Adam Warlock update in May my game shows me an infinite "updating" screen when I try to start any fight. Does anyone know why or how I can resolve this problem? I've heard the same from other Huawei users, so I'd like to know how to fix this (without changing my mobile phone)

Comments

• KnuIIKnuII Member Posts: 10

That's a screenshot from the incriminated update, and I keep seeing this everytime I try to do anything in the game
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    when was the last time you updated your game in the store... how is your app still on may update.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian
    Side-loaded game files, by which means NOT by an officially sanctioned Google Play Store, are no longer guaranteed to work.

(ok, they were NEVER guaranteed. But further changes to how Updates were delivered many months ago have now rendered your problem worse for those NOT using Google Play Store)

Such as for phone manufacturers /android versions (some of which are Chinese makers) that have their own custom App Store instead of Google.

Side-loaded game files, by which means NOT by an officially sanctioned Google Play Store, are no longer guaranteed to work.

(ok, they were NEVER guaranteed. But further changes to how Updates were delivered many months ago have now rendered your problem worse for those NOT using Google Play Store)

Such as for phone manufacturers /android versions (some of which are Chinese makers) that have their own custom App Store instead of Google.

The app is not available in the app gallery, my phone's store itself makes me install the game from another app...does that mean that I can't play this game from Huawei?
    Lokx said:

when was the last time you updated your game in the store... how is your app still on may update.

I update the game regularly...this is a screenshot from May, but the situation is still the same
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    KnuII said:

The app is not available in the app gallery, my phone's store itself makes me install the game from another app...does that mean that I can't play this game from Huawei?
    Essentially, the only official ways to download the app are through google play and the apple app store. So technically you have an unofficial copy of the app if it didn't come from there
    ahmynuts said:

KnuII said:

Essentially, the only official ways to download the app are through google play and the apple app store. So technically you have an unofficial copy of the app if it didn't come from there
    Isn't that a bit unfair for those who bought a Huawei?
    KnuII said:

They changed the way Updates are handled. In that additional game files get downloaded afterward, via a Google Play Store mechanism, after initial updating.

Such that, without Google Play Store, you likely would not be able to get all the game files.

I don’t want to go back and dig up the corresponding Forum Posts about this, but there was widespread discussion months ago when this was a hot topic for users of “other brand phones”.
    There were maybe a couple potential workaround discussed at that time by people, which you can find.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    KnuII said:

ahmynuts said:

KnuII said:

Isn't that a bit unfair for those who bought a Huawei?
    No not really. If Huawei doesn't support the official stores then that's their decision
    (also for @Slopez )

Check out this tip on page-11 from the rather larger “Game Updating Constantly [Merged]” thread from earlier this year.
    Granted, there were an additional 6 pages worth of stuff after this tip on Page-11.
    (see Jax comment on Page-10 also, for reason about the changes to game updates)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2303130/#Comment_2303130
  • SlopezSlopez Member Posts: 3
    @SummonerNR , I already have binded my game to my google account, and always i get the stuck in updating.