Wave ban are finally here ?

MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
Judging by other's posts it seems the wave bans are finally rolling out ?

Comments

• HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    We got an update post so yeah. 2K players wow.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    2000 players damn
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,739 ★★★★
    I hope they ban more, getting tired of modders in BG. Cheaters be warned, the big hammer will come. Now let's see how many post will pop up about beinb ban for no reason...
  • CelticwolfCelticwolf Member Posts: 7
    2000 is not enough there are so many legendary players farming plat and gold atm. Cheaters all over... way more than 2000 by a long shot
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Member Posts: 605 ★★★

I think kabam just banned 2000 random accounts with no logic. They banned my account without any explanation. I didn't cheated, didn't lost on purpose any bg fights. I just switched to a new alliance and after a few days I just got banned for no reason. Their support is the lamest ever since netmarble bought kabam..., i didn't got any response from them. I used to play mcoc for more than 5 years...

Sure...
    I mean.... It's the only thing that makes sense...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

I think kabam just banned 2000 random accounts with no logic. They banned my account without any explanation. I didn't cheated, didn't lost on purpose any bg fights. I just switched to a new alliance and after a few days I just got banned for no reason. Their support is the lamest ever since netmarble bought kabam..., i didn't got any response from them. I used to play mcoc for more than 5 years...

Kabam doesn't ban without cause. They have made mistakes in the past, but those mistakes have been few, far between, and always had explanations.

The chances are, you did something that drew the ban and you are either not telling us or are somehow unaware the act was prohibited.

Or you are one of those people who thinks they can skirt along the grey area and thinks just because lots of people do it, speeding and jaywalking isn't a real crime. Sharing your account credentials, for example, is prohibited: this falls under the category of account sharing. But a lot of people get banned and cry foul because they say they didn't do anything wrong, and it turns out that's because someone else with access to their account did something wrong. That's no excuse, because the account owner is solely responsible for anything that happens with their account, because they aren't supposed to share account login information, and doing so is itself a bannable offense.

The offense also doesn't have to be something you did yesterday. Players come onto the forums all the time and say they haven't done anything wrong recently as if that matters. Sometimes a player will do something that isn't strictly prohibited, but generates a red flag. And when the fair play team investigates the account closely, they discover some other thing they did wrong days ago, weeks ago, sometimes longer. If they have irrefutable evidence of a violation, even if that violation happened in the past, they can at their discretion ban the account.

I've helped get a couple bans reversed: I know mistakes happen. But it is never out of the blue for no reason.

Also, by policy support will not elaborate on the nature of the bans, beyond giving a basic statement about what the violation entailed, whether it is a violation of terms of service or some other general reason. Customer support often isn't given those details, and by policy Kabam doesn't want to give cheaters extra information on precisely how they were caught.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian

Saw this originally, was not sure if this was a “real” Kabam account or not. That Kabam Crashed forum Profile only says “member”, not anything like Moderator (or if you are maybe a developer some type of Developer tag, if that exists up here ?)

But then another comment elsewhere today, subsequent closing of that thread seems like it is indeed valid Kabam.

Just needs to add appropriate “Role” so that people can see that it isn’t just someone pretending to be Kabam. Thanks.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Saw this originally, was not sure if this was a “real” Kabam account or not. That Kabam Crashed forum Profile only says “member”, not anything like Moderator (or if you are maybe a developer some type of Developer tag, if that exists up here ?)

But then another comment elsewhere today, subsequent closing of that thread seems like it is indeed valid Kabam.

Just needs to add appropriate “Role” so that people can see that it isn’t just someone pretending to be Kabam. Thanks.
    Or orange colour
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,824 ★★★★★

I agree....
    Stay strong....
    Keep the fight up....
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,824 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I can confirm with certainty that that forum account is the forum account for a Kabam dev. It is a dev I converse with semi-regularly, and among other things is involved in enforcing fair play in the game.
    #JusticeForKabamCrashed
    #TeamOrange
    #TheManWithTheBanHammer

After kabam zero and kabam Jax, kabam crashed would be my favourite number 3 from the official team.
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 936 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I can confirm with certainty that that forum account is the forum account for a Kabam dev. It is a dev I converse with semi-regularly, and among other things is involved in enforcing fair play in the game.
    Any way you can convince them to change to the orange text like other Kabam employees? Because I had the same thought that it wasn't a legit Kabam account and merely someone with a clever user name hoping to troll.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,431 Guardian
    obsidiman said:

DNA3000 said:

Any way you can convince them to change to the orange text like other Kabam employees? Because I had the same thought that it wasn't a legit Kabam account and merely someone with a clever user name hoping to troll.
    There's a whole process they have to do with their forum account to get official kabam text on it. Crashed probably just hasn't had the time/determination yet to do it.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian
    Pikolu said:

There's a whole process they have to do with their forum account to get official kabam text on it. Crashed probably just hasn't had the time/determination yet to do it.

Looks like they noticed this, and added “Moderator” now. 😀

(Comment text not orange, but then again, Jax and Miike weren’t orange today either, at least on my system, as is the case every now and then. And then some days later it would suddenly become orange again. Not sure why that glitches every now and then)