**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Amazon gaming bundle is live

2»

Comments

• Options
    doggydoggy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I don't need 3* kushala , cavalier crystal, energy... poor rewards
  • Options

So since the Amazon Prime Acct is under my wife’s email does that mean I won’t be able to redeem the rewards ..?

Seems that way. I'm in the same boat and tried using our prime for it but because it's her email and not mine, I didn't receive anything.

Did not work for me either. Does the Amazon account email have to be the same as Kabam Email attached to account?

From Amazon Help Site..
    (Only 1 member of an Amazon Prime “household” may claim any particular Offer.)

But doesn’t really say whether there has to be an inherent link between your Prime account and Kabam ID (MCOC game account). Such as whether both have to be registered with the same email address or not.

And what does “Prime Household” technically mean for the context of these Gaming offers. I know they want a Prime account to specifically add/list everyone else (in same household) that will be using it (either purchases or Video), and thus might *all* have to have their own email addresses all listed on that Prime Account (as basically sub-accounts).

But that's not very realistic. Instead, everyone in household most likely just logs into same Amazon Prime acct to do purchases, item cart, wishlist, etc (instead of spouses and all children all having different “sub-accounts”, aka “Household” accounts).

Or (if not), then they really wouldn’t have a way to be sure that you (Kabam ID) aren’t just piggy-backing off of a Friend's Amazon Prime account (who doesn’t play MCOC), versus those who actually are in the same household.
  • Options
    Also from Prime Gaming Support site, “Manage Your Linked Accounts”, lists a whole bunch of games.

(although MCOC is not specifically listed yet in this link) it might offer a clue based on other games as to whether email accounts have to be the same or not.

I didn’t proceed further, not wanting to login to my household's Prime acct for this to look at it further. But others who are proceeding with this can check it out (as for other games).

https://www.amazongames.com/en-us/support/prime-gaming/articles/manage-your-linked-accounts
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

same issue...i click claim and it opens the google play app instead of the game even though it's obviously installed.
    my default browser is samsung internet. i fixed the issue by changing my default web browser to chrome which i'm not a fan of but it does work now....after changing the default browser clicking the redeem link goes to the app directly.

On Android you can change your default browser in settings->apps->default

I tried swapping out my browser. And I still wasn't getting it even though it shows. I already collected it. Quite infuriating.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 505 ★★★
    Starhawk said:

same issue...i click claim and it opens the google play app instead of the game even though it's obviously installed.
    my default browser is samsung internet. i fixed the issue by changing my default web browser to chrome which i'm not a fan of but it does work now....after changing the default browser clicking the redeem link goes to the app directly.

Thanks, this worked for me.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    How often can we clain these things from Prime?
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    @Starhawk , thanks man, your guide helped.

• Options
    For the “different email” questions, another thread had a reply about that..
    flapjax said:

You just log in your prime then hit claim and it launches the game and gives you rewards. You don't have to enter any mcoc details.

Only tricky thing is for people who run multiple accounts, make sure you have the right one logged in before you claim.

As for “marked as Claimed/Collected but didn’t get it in game”, make sure to follow earlier advise from others and open Amazon Gaming website in native OS browsers (Safari on Apple, or Chrome on Android), instead of from either other manufacturer specific browser or in Amazon App.
    Make sure clicking link from in browser actually launches you into MCOC.
  • Options
    CirrusCirrus Posts: 87
    I used chrome on android still haven't received , shows claimed tried everything
  • Options
    HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 172 ★★
    I claimed it, hasn't come to me in game since last night 😕
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

This is what they got rid of marvel insider for? Marvel insider had triple the rewards and unique 2 star champs. This is so wack

Marvel insider was a chore to do. I signed up, and it still wouldn't acknowledge my account even after multiple attempts.

Now, this package for Kushala obviously isn't going well, but it's also the first package, so I'm willing to give them leeway on this. That being said, prime gaming has a wider reach and is better known across the globe, so to partner with them still felt like a logical move.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,318 ★★★★
    Still did not receive 3* Kushala in my account, even after seeing Amazon Prime gaming say you've collected your 3* Kushala bundle.. hope I get her in few days.. this is a failure cause it didn't work. also curious why only 3*.. a 4* would be nicer.
  • Options
    FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    Starhawk said:

This is what I did and it worked!
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Quite chuffed to get it. I thought gaming was an extra subscription but apparently not. Used safari on iPad and got the rewards. Marvel Insider was never available in the UK, so this is a big improvement.

The rewards aren’t great, but free is free.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    Nice

• Options
    Just to summarize some of the questions and issues people have been having:

1. Does your Amazon Prime account have to be linked to your MCOC/Kabam account in any way (I.e. have the same registered email)?

No. When you claim from Amazon, the process will launch your MCOC game client on your device. Which ever game account logs in when the client starts up is the account that will get the offer. If you have multiple MCOC accounts, the one that’s logged on will get it. If that’s not the one you want to get the offer, log into the account you want to get the offer before claiming.

2. If you are on iPhone/iOS, the safest browser to use is Safari. If you use another browser as your default browser, change your default browser back to Safair for best results. Similarly, on Android phones Chrome is the safest browser to use. If URIs open another browser by default, change your default back to Chrome.

3. If you attempt to claim and don’t receive the offer in your game account, go back to Amazon Prime and check to see if the offer is “collected.” If you do not see a “collected” status for the offer, something went wrong and you should try to claim it again. See the browser tips above.

4. Even if Amazon Prime shows “collected” if you were using a different browser than the ones listed above, try to change your browser back and use the redeem link again. It may work to grant the offer even if Amazon Prime says it was already collected.

5. If none of the above work, you may need to open a support ticket.

• Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    also, make sure you're not using the Amazon app, my sister had to uninstall the app and then get the bundle using Safari before reinstalling the app afterwards.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    I opened a Ticket, and figured out what it was. My default browser was Samsung Internet. It wasn't working because it redirected me to Google Play Store. So I set it to Chrome, and the link opened the game for me, and it worked. That might help someone.
  • Options

also, make sure you're not using the Amazon app, my sister had to uninstall the app and then get the bundle using Safari before reinstalling the app afterwards.

I have the Amazon app installed on my iPhone and it did not give me any specific issues. However, I did not at any time attempt to try to claim the bundle through the Amazon app. I don't think that works, and I also do not know if attempting to do this once might cause the system to try the app even when you go to the web site directly, so it is possible that if you use the Amazon app you might need to delete it to break it out of that cycle.

I don't think uninstalling is necessary for most players. It might be a good thing to try, however, if it seems to be giving someone trouble.
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    If you have the Amazon app on your phone, don't use it. On Android I finally wised up and went through Chrome, and it worked fine.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Well, my sister went to the website in Safari, but it then auto-launched the app and then when she used her Windows computer, she was able to claim it, but not actually get it in game until she uninstalled the amazon app and then used her iPad.
  • Options
    Mdowney80Mdowney80 Posts: 63
    Used iOS with Chrome with absolutely no issues so anyone saying Chrome is the issue is wrong. I was already logged into the game when I hit the claim button. Not sure what the issue is but it’s not Chrome, not on iOS anyway.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,318 ★★★★
    I use Opera browser, but that doesn't work.. set Google Chrome as default browser and click on 'Amazon' Prime Gaming and 3* Kushala bundle finally appears in my MCoC account.
  • Options
    2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 98
    Additional to all this if you have additional MCOC accounts you will only get 1 gift.
  • Options
    Mdowney80 said:

Used iOS with Chrome with absolutely no issues so anyone saying Chrome is the issue is wrong. I was already logged into the game when I hit the claim button. Not sure what the issue is but it’s not Chrome, not on iOS anyway.

It doesn't always fail, but there are multiple reports of people failing with Chrome on iOS and then immediately working when switching browser. The problem seems to be precisely how the browser handles the various redirect trickery Amazon is using to implement the bundle, not an intrinsic inability for the browser to work, and it is possible that your Chrome installation's configuration happened to work while other people have a problem. Since I already claimed the bundle, I'm not in a position to investigate precisely how the handlers are implemented.
  • Options
    2_Wheeler said:

Additional to all this if you have additional MCOC accounts you will only get 1 gift.

It is one bundle per Amazon Prime account. So if you have multiple people in your household all sharing the same Amazon Prime account, only one of them can get the free bundle, and only for one game account.