**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will AEgon be relevant in the new Everest Necropolis content?

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

I feel like there was misinformation spread during the livestream, Kabam Devs mentioned champs like Shuri, Black cat but avoided the mentioning of Aegon when they probably knew themselves he would’ve been the top option. I seriously hope this wasn’t deliberate so as to make the day 1 completioners have to use more units before the Cyber deals.

They mentioned those along with Stryfe and Gorr because they're 7*, not because of unit spending or whatever.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Then who is? Because im seeing people with all the other mentioned champs like Kate or 7* Shuri resorting to using even a 5 star Aegon

i think aegon is the easiest option if you want to unit man through every fight, but someone like shuri as a 7 star rank 2 can do most fight aegon can with less revives
    Can anyone confirm this? I do have a 7 star rank 2 shuri (unduped).
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    edited November 2023
    Polygon said:

Emilia90 said:

Polygon said:

I feel like there was misinformation spread during the livestream, Kabam Devs mentioned champs like Shuri, Black cat but avoided the mentioning of Aegon when they probably knew themselves he would’ve been the top option. I seriously hope this wasn’t deliberate so as to make the day 1 completioners have to use more units before the Cyber deals.

Lmao there was no misinformation. They were just throwing out potential options and imo he’s not even the best one. Definitely a great option but one of many
    Then who is? Because im seeing people with all the other mentioned champs like Kate or 7* Shuri resorting to using even a 5 star Aegon
    I've soloed 2 fights with Shuri in my run so far, (Wiccan and Dragonman) and almost soloed like 3 others with her. She is a beast, just requires a lot of endurance. I even used her against guardian (highly don't recommend, seriously, have a good counter to guardian) and she was putting up more consistent damage than my ramped up r2 stryfe was.
  • Options
    Noverrr77Noverrr77 Posts: 3
    EdisonLaw said:

You might need a reverse controls immune for Grandmaster

Wiccan works to reverse controls?
  • Options
    Iamant1Iamant1 Posts: 167

From the limited amount I've heard, my guess is that he won't be relevant (or as relevant as he was for other Everest content) since they keep saying it's a roster check with specific counters. However, with that being said, he does do so, so much when he's fully ramped that I'm taking mine to r4 just in case on the next level up event.

Well that aged well almost every streamer used hik for initial clear 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Doesn't Grandmaster damage you for using someone immune to reverse controls?
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    Aegon is still a force of nature. He’s just too good to not be relevant for such kind of content. Will r5 + ascend mine very soon
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,178 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Yes he does, but the last phase 4 he doesn't. So maybe that's what they're talking about?
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★
    So KarateMike cleared the Mr Fantastic path with 4 X Zemo’s + Shuri.

I’m wondering if the AV synergy team (AV, Scorpion, Kraven) + Spider-Ham (for more stings for Scorpion) + Wiccan for reverse immunity would be a viable team?
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Pikolu said:

I've soloed 2 fights with Shuri in my run so far, (Wiccan and Dragonman) and almost soloed like 3 others with her. She is a beast, just requires a lot of endurance. I even used her against guardian (highly don't recommend, seriously, have a good counter to guardian) and she was putting up more consistent damage than my ramped up r2 stryfe was.

Why isn't a ramped Stryfe putting in good work for you? Theoretically his ramped damage should be doing as well as ramped Aegon just for brute forcing it? Or is it just more about how good Shuri is?
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Yeah in the third phase but you don’t take any damage in the last phase.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Looks like Aegon is the easiest way to clear. I'm gonna do it this weekend and am thinking:

Aegon
    Nick
    Goldpool
    Dragonman/Hype for Grandmaster
    Flex Champ

After watching some streams I'm changing my team. no Recoils and going Deep Wounds and Fury masteries:
    Aegon
    Heim
    Proxy
    Wiccan
    Flex - Shuri/HT/Etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

After watching some streams I'm changing my team. no Recoils and going Deep Wounds and Fury masteries:
    Aegon
    Heim
    Proxy
    Wiccan
    Flex - Shuri/HT/Etc.

While Proxima saves your combo when under 999, that would probably be only the first third of the path. Wouldn't you be better served by bringing The Champion for attack boost against larger champions, or some other champion?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    altavista said:

Aegon
    Heim
    Proxy
    Wiccan
    Flex - Shuri/HT/Etc.

While Proxima saves your combo when under 999, that would probably be only the first third of the path. Wouldn't you be better served by bringing The Champion for attack boost against larger champions, or some other champion?
    Prox also boosts Aegon's Fury potency 25%.

Edit: So does Angela who has a Heim synergy for an extra fury buff so that might be the play.
  • Options

altavista said:

Aegon
    Heim
    Proxy
    Wiccan
    Flex - Shuri/HT/Etc.

Edit: So does Angela who has a Heim synergy for an extra fury buff so that might be the play.
    Good point. I overlooked Proxima having the Fury potency.

I wonder if Necropolis AAR resistance harms Angela's sig ability, although the auto-block champions are Tech.
  • Options
    altavista said:

altavista said:

Aegon
    Heim
    Proxy
    Wiccan
    Flex - Shuri/HT/Etc.

Good point. I overlooked Proxima having the Fury potency.

I wonder if Necropolis AAR resistance harms Angela's sig ability, although the auto-block champions are Tech.
    I don't think Angela does enough damage to be useful in Necro.
  • Options

Looks like Aegon is the easiest way to clear. I'm gonna do it this weekend and am thinking:

Aegon
    Nick
    Goldpool
    Flex Champ

Aegon
    Heim
    Proxy
    Wiccan
    Flex - Shuri/HT/Etc.
    I’ll stick with Suicides as you only have 2 and half minutes roughly to win. Also Deep Wounds doesn’t mean more bleed potency - just longer duration at the same stated damage.

My team will probably be

AEgon
    Wiccan
    Helm
    Fury
    And either the Champion for another 20% against champs larger than AEgon or Midnight for the 25% fury potency
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 308 ★★★
    Polygon said:

I'm wagering they didn't mention him because he's ALWAYS been the king of everest content whereas Shuri, Black Cat, Stryfe, etc, are all new Champs that haven't been around for new everest content, so they were listing newer options. I really doubt Kabam is villainously rubbing their hands together trying to trick people.
  • Options
    Abspain101Abspain101 Posts: 130
    EdisonLaw said:

I think 100 in total? Might need to recheck.

Here’s the livestream video
    https://www.youtube.com/live/P9SOBLI7Hn0?si=H3QnyYRppvxobg18

I mean he also fought a bugged ngm that probly would have taken significantly less revives had he not been bugged
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★
    Debating on trying with a r4 Aegon. Currently sitting on 120 revives
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    R5 Aegon would be better?
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,236 ★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Just wondering what the MCOC community thinks about AEgon’s relevance for the new Everest Necropolis content?

Is he worthwhile these days?

Anyone ranking their 6-Star these days?

I just saw Nagase Mcoc streamer winning Necropolis.with a great GrandMaster damage by Aegon on YT
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Debating on trying with a r4 Aegon. Currently sitting on 120 revives

@Wakandas_Finest , go for it. I have mine ascended. Titania took about 6-7 revs, omega sentinel with 5-6, should've been less if I had healed, same goes for aarkus.
  • Options

Bulmkt said:

Aegon
    Nick
    Goldpool
    Flex Champ

Aegon
    Heim
    Proxy
    Wiccan
    Flex - Shuri/HT/Etc.
    I’ll stick with Suicides as you only have 2 and half minutes roughly to win. Also Deep Wounds doesn’t mean more bleed potency - just longer duration at the same stated damage.

My team will probably be

AEgon
    Wiccan
    Helm
    Fury
    And either the Champion for another 20% against champs larger than AEgon or Midnight for the 25% fury potency
    Did my run last night and turned on Recoils with Deep Wounds at Omega Sent.

Aegon
    Heim
    Proxy
    Wiccan
    Thor

Probably didn't need Thor and Odin would have been better. The little health didn't help that much and actually dies a few times trying to proc it. I didn't play all that well and ended up using 40 revives on the path then 17 on GM as he didn't cooperate very well. He'd hesitate to throw the SP1 and keep clipping me, especially on phase 3. Should have solid Red Guardial and Cap IW but got clipped when rooted under 25% both times. Could have saved a few on Air Walker and probably 5-10+ on GM. All in all Not too unhappy with the run...except for pulling Colossus from my friggin Titan crystal. Everyone who voted for him owes me an apology! (I don't remember if I was one of those people lol)

Here was my run:
    Titania 9 - 705 combo
    Aarkus 7 - 999 combo
    Omega 2 - Recoils
    Air Walker 8
    Cap Vrit 3
    Psyco Man 2
    Guardian 1
    Valk 4
    Red Guard 1
    Cap Falcon 1
    Dragon 3
    Cap IW 1
    Nova 5
    GM 17
    Total 67
    This is very helpful information. Thank you for sharing here for all to read
  • Options
    As a side note - as anyone completed necropolis path 2 (Mr Fantastic) path with team AEgon? If not with AEgon then who helped on that path, pls.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 168 ★★
    This aged like fine wine