Who’s better for Necropolis completion? Shuri or Aegon

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
Almost every streamer or person from Discord I’ve seen either used or will use Aegon for their run, but I seen someone claim that Shuri saves more revives on the path, which I am still very skeptical of. Sure it could save revives when Aegons still ramping, but at 999 I would imagine the other popular names Kate, Zemo, and even Shuri don’t come close?

Who’s better for Necropolis completion? Shuri or Aegon 132 votes

Shuri (7 star Rank 2)
24%
ZENLogan00Gulfstream550dzikidzikRockyshockyJustcause102Trafalgarwar96HungaryHippoPedrof6captain_rogersBafamet_1979Aomine_Daiki10CaptainDenversVedant_MehtaAgent_Valentain689DukenpukeChiefGoatBlackTuranThePredator1001Saulovsky 32 votes
Aegon
75%
MasterSmokeBigPoppaCBONEZeke_the_XbotHeinz11Spity68zuffyTensioBigTuna_2054Vegeta9001TerraHenrytfu_41KaspYTWardenclockDOKTOROKTOPUSLongshot_33ReyAlemánBigmoney1025TheHeroDeservedredsoxpatsfan89Crossy76 100 votes

Comments

• Sarah245Sarah245 Member Posts: 118 ★★

Aegon. Even when you mess up you can apply 200-300k damage, with Heimdall even more. Aegon is the goat

Does heimdall synergy work in there?

• phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    Sarah245 said:

Aegon. Even when you mess up you can apply 200-300k damage, with Heimdall even more. Aegon is the goat

Other posts suggest it does.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,109 ★★★★★
    Aegon
    Sarah245 said:

Yes from what I am hear
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Member Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Sarah245 said:

Just tested on Titania and it worked.
  • predatorrpredatorr Member Posts: 71
    Can Stryfe walk this path
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 786 ★★★★
    Shuri (7 star Rank 2)
    Shuri is slow and steady, will save you on revives, she’s been able solo or finish fights in 1-2 revives. Aegon will be faster and can take more matches but will cost you more revives.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Aegon
    Luckly I have both.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★

Shuri is slow and steady, will save you on revives, she’s been able solo or finish fights in 1-2 revives. Aegon will be faster and can take more matches but will cost you more revives.

Even when Aegons fully ramped, he needs more revives than Shuri to finish fights?

Why are all the polls on this topic showing a huge majority to Aegon being the better option then?
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Aegon
    Seatin doesn't try to play optimally, he prefers to go for speed and brute force so his numbers shouldn't really be the standard. If you have Heimdal and play smart and take some breaks it should be easily doable for 30-50 revives as opposed to the ~100 he used.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★

Seatin doesn't try to play optimally, he prefers to go for speed and brute force so his numbers shouldn't really be the standard. If you have Heimdal and play smart and take some breaks it should be easily doable for 30-50 revives as opposed to the ~100 he used.

This. He inevitably would just throw the sp3 when the defender was close to their sp3, and then do as much damage as he could before he got demolished. Granted, he also was going in without much strategizing to each fight, barely looking at nodes, streaming it live, and discussing fights with commentators. So, still no small feat. It can be certainly be cleaner though.
    Also , wouldn’t it make sense to say that if you dont plan on farming potions, that reviving Aegon with 20% or 40% would do more damage and be better overall than Shuri?

To make Shuri worthwhile you need to build the shocks up , and although I don’t know the nodes I can assume the attack rating/block penetration are through the roof with punishing nodes
  • GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Member Posts: 385 ★★★
    Shuri (7 star Rank 2)
    nah the attack rating and block pen isn’t that high. a 40% revive with shuri is enough for most fights in my experience
  • DarkChamp732DarkChamp732 Member Posts: 86
    Aegon
    Sarah245 said:

Technically yes? You don't immediately die but it does get rid of your indestructible super fast. If you are in the middle of getting comboed in the face, it wont matter since the next hit will just kill you. The reason people like it is tanking sp3s in bad situations and coming out of it with the same prior health. Pretty much a free revive every fight.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 182 ★★
    Shuri (7 star Rank 2)
    By the time aegon have used the required revives to ramp up, shuri and some others will be at grandmaster. people like him cause he can just plow thru stuff with revives in mindless battle. My shuri is stacking up lots of solos in there
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,443 ★★★★★

By the time aegon have used the required revives to ramp up, shuri and some others will be at grandmaster. people like him cause he can just plow thru stuff with revives in mindless battle. My shuri is stacking up lots of solos in there

We all like to contribute to the death milestones. For the sake of the community.
  • HSS75HSS75 Member Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    Heimdall synergy doesn't work there is a node which reduces his indestructible by 1000%

@MorningstarIsBae can you tell me what rotation youre doing to get these solos? Also how long do they take?
    Shuri (7 star Rank 2)
    Graves_3 said:

We all like to contribute to the death milestones. For the sake of the community.
    Sure. Ive already extended my thanks to everyone using aegon
    Shuri (7 star Rank 2)
    Polygon said:

@MorningstarIsBae can you tell me what rotation youre doing to get these solos? Also how long do they take?
    Well my shuri is r3 after completion so a bit faster now between 5-8 minutes depending on the fight. Just build 20 regular shocks and spam s1 to get up the critical shocks. When ur at 50 use a s2 to get 50 regular shocks. From there i mostly use s3
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,175 ★★★★★
    Shuri (7 star Rank 2)
    Aegon made the GM so easy with my revive strategy.