Options

I’m curious. Would you now r5 Aegon over the likes of KP/Kate/Valkyrie/Fury etc?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,847 ★★★★★
Before Necropolis, 90% of us were so focused on BGs as thats where all the rewards were. But with Necropolis in the picture, Aegon is now relevant again.

And it also seems like exploration isn’t as bad as people originally conceived it to be (where they approximated the exploration cost to be 30k units). Based on this, I can see a lot of value in r5ing and ascending him, even if you can get by with doing the runs at r4 and just extra resources/boosts.

So the question is will you prioritize your skill t6cc/r5 gems on the BGs champs I’ve listed above , or would you do Aegon before them for necropolis?

2nd, the same question but just in regards to Primordial Dust (i.e Ascending Aegon for Necro vs ascending a strong BGs dual threat or attacker)

I’m curious. Would you now r5 Aegon over the likes of KP/Kate/Valkyrie/Fury etc? 86 votes

I would first r5 and Ascend Aegon
45%
Keonex2StarKingfmussaphydrogohardErikfive_0Dtl7714NEXTONTheAngryOneAyden_noah1KRANꓘcaptain_rogersWolfman80GreekhitDisthene_TFit_Fun9329ReignkingTWDeamon1337Praneeth_SP616KeniutekJoshua_Eivers 39 votes
I would first r5 Aegon, but I would ascend other champs for BGs purposes (like Hulkling/KP/Fam etc)
20%
Il_CuocoStfckrDonnymeijEugene_VirtuosoJustcause102Matty_IceDiegog2000RomeroKSirGamesBondRuwqiersaRillianLickyakibakiiiTrongNovMasterAZacharias10719ArmageddønNoirSoirée 18 votes
I would ascend Aegon first, but I would use the r5 mats on other skill champs like KP,Kate,Valk or Fury first
10%
Thecrusher_9756Kappa2g_Sham_SensationsRohit_316GoldenDadILoveDrDoomNight_RiderElite13 9 votes
I would prioritize r5ing the skill champs mentioned and ascend dual threats/strong attackers (BGs Focus)
23%
BigTuna_2054KiptonadeRockyshockyButtehrsSCP1504Light_StormPowerofpain1001RenaxqqBeastDadTheBlindSalmonShepPhantomfire500SaulovskyBuckeyeshaTnkeesmanDab_westJohny_JoestarMarvelNoobDoug555AlphaNeymar10 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    I would ascend Aegon first, but I would use the r5 mats on other skill champs like KP,Kate,Valk or Fury first
    I took Aegon to r3 today and once i am ready next month , will r4 him and ascend him as well but i will
    not r5 him since t6cc is not easy to come by for me . As time goes by , promordial dust will get easy to come by so no biggie to ascend Aegon and get the best rewards in the game. R4 ascended will be enough.

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,231 ★★★★★
    I mean, except kingpin, (or maybe kate) , others are not needed/worthy to be r5 over aegon.
    Shang chi is 7*, valk can do what she can do at r4, and nick is not a quick attacker in bg even with 5/5 deep wounds, also by r5ing aegon for exploration, you can ascend 2 other champs and r5 two other champs at a significant low cost of units.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

I ascended my r5 Kate because I don't want to awaken, sig 200, and rank up my r1 Ægon that I'll probably never use after Necropolis.

I took mine to 5 and ascended, didn't take him all the way to 200, left him at 120. Figured the extra 15% combo carry over wasn't worth 80 stones. Maybe a handful of 20% revives difference. But the extra attack and health from ranks is pretty massive.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,131 ★★★★★
    It's more than worth it if you're exploring since you'll get the resources back and more. I'm planning to r5 mine and run the path to get the dust and then ascend him for the rest. I'll r5 and ascend kate with the other mats
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,260 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I would first r5 Aegon, but I would ascend other champs for BGs purposes (like Hulkling/KP/Fam etc)
    I'm not ascending him.
    He's one of my favourite champs.
    Have plans to R5 him from the gem.

R5 will give him more CPR for exploring.
    While ascention is just a 20% boost which Im going to focus on BG champs
  • Options
    Deamon1337Deamon1337 Posts: 143
    If you'll 100% its worth, otherwise i would not. Im completing rn with a r4 not ascended.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,847 ★★★★★
    Those of you that would r5 aegon first, how many of you would actually use t6cc to? As opposed to strictly an r5 gem?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,131 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Those of you that would r5 aegon first, how many of you would actually use t6cc to? As opposed to strictly an r5 gem?

If i had it on hand i would have been fine with using it. Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things since you'd get those resources back in a gem from Necro. Plus with cyber weekend next week forget about it, not worth fussing over imo
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    I have not done Labyrinth, Abyss, and Necropolis. Heck yea I'm ranking 5 Aegon and ascending him.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,324 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Resources are coming at a fair clip. If you have the resources, I feel it would be worth using t6cc to r5 him.
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 249 ★★★

If you'll 100% its worth, otherwise i would not. Im completing rn with a r4 not ascended.

how many revives did u spend so far and what's your team buddy?
  • Options
    I would prioritize r5ing the skill champs mentioned and ascend dual threats/strong attackers (BGs Focus)
    I don't even have Aegon as a 5*, but I'd still prioritize Kate even if I did have 6* Aegon. She may not be as good as he is for necro, but she's still great and after that I'll have a champ that's solid in BGs, regular questing etc., not just everest content.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I ascended my r5 Kate because I don't want to awaken, sig 200, and rank up my r1 Ægon that I'll probably never use after Necropolis.

I feel like people say this every time everest content comes out, then he's always one of the best choices in the next one that releases, every time.
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    I'd go Kate first. Also really good for Necropolis, and won't be useless for every other gamemode to ever be released. (Provided you have Herc for incursions. Aegon's pretty good there too, but ultimately you'll always pick Herc.)
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Pikolu said:

I feel like people say this every time everest content comes out, then he's always one of the best choices in the next one that releases, every time.
    5* Aegon specifically though is nowhere near as good for necropolis as he was for abyss though, even ascended. Sure, R5 7* Aegon might be the best option for the mausoleum of legends in 3 and a half years time, but 6R5 ascended Aegon will have fallen off hard.
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 641 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Before Necropolis, 90% of us were so focused on BGs as thats where all the rewards were. But with Necropolis in the picture, Aegon is now relevant again.

And it also seems like exploration isn’t as bad as people originally conceived it to be (where they approximated the exploration cost to be 30k units). Based on this, I can see a lot of value in r5ing and ascending him, even if you can get by with doing the runs at r4 and just extra resources/boosts.

So the question is will you prioritize your skill t6cc/r5 gems on the BGs champs I’ve listed above , or would you do Aegon before them for necropolis?

2nd, the same question but just in regards to Primordial Dust (i.e Ascending Aegon for Necro vs ascending a strong BGs dual threat or attacker)

Took my unduped Ægon from R1 to R4 today and gave him 120 sigs which should be enough for my completion run. Not planning to explore anytime soon.
    I'm not going to R5 him with catalysts and ascend him because:

1. R5 gems are becoming more and more common and it's wise to save your resources for 7* Imo
    2. Ascension will only give him 20% boost for which you can simply use boosts and use a dead Nick fury. R5 will have more Cpr and I'm planning to R5 him from the gem. After that I can plan on exploring necro.
    3. Real value of Ascension is in BGs where you can't boost. Those extra stats really help and make your favourite champs even better. I might ascend him as the dust becomes more and more common but currently my focus will be BG champs. You're only going to use Aegon in long form content where you're going to buff him up with boosts and synergies anyway.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Pikolu said:

I used 5* Ægon for 1 path of abyss and have never used him ever again. The only other content he is useful in is incursions and I'm already quite fond of using Sersi, Silk, and Heimdall for incursions.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 866 ★★★
    These are now items if you’re a daily player.

Whatever helps you get them is worth it.if you’re going Necropolis then everything else is probably done.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Yes cause I'm done with almost all but Everest content. Only remaining content is

1.Carina objectives:6 more 7 for 7, 3 x labrynth, and 3 x abyss.
    2.Abyss exploration
    3.Necropolis completion and exploration

Don't need anyone else for anything so might as well R5 and ascend him to make Everest content easier.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,842 ★★★★★
    Exactly what I did, Aegon was r1 1/25 unawakened 😅. Now he’s r5 sig 200 ascended. 100% worth it, he crushes that content.

Back then for abyss I used 5* Aegon. Crazy how time passes by.

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    I would r5 and ascend him anyway, despite Necropolis.
    He was my first skill 5* r5, my first skill 6* r4, and he was close to make him my first skill r5 too.
    Last moment I r5d NF for BGs, but Aegon is next in the row.
    Just waiting for CW deals 😉