Options

NEW MCOC IDEA! CHARACTER SKINS! LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!

2»

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,298 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    This is a cool idea but I wouldn’t like it as Kabam definitely would lock them behind a paywall
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,641 ★★★★★
    I can see some skins causing game crashes and other issues. Lets stick with the issues we have, rather than finding new and innovative ways to create more lol
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Just... Just no.... Stop.... That'll kill the game for everyone....
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 558 ★★★
    OP asked a fair question - why did you disagree?

This game is hyper-monetized, and I just don't want to be squeezed for yet another thing. At some point those skins will include a special new ability that seems irrelevant on release - then a brutal new defender will come out that can only be solved by OG Captain America's old man skin - but don't worry, you can roll the dice on skin crystals until you get it.

Net: trust is the problem
  • Options

You guys don't already have skins?

Reminds me of “The Face of Boe”. Although if you’re talking about “skins”, Cassandra..

• Options
    Xguard77 said:

OP asked a fair question - why did you disagree?

This game is hyper-monetized, and I just don't want to be squeezed for yet another thing. At some point those skins will include a special new ability that seems irrelevant on release - then a brutal new defender will come out that can only be solved by OG Captain America's old man skin - but don't worry, you can roll the dice on skin crystals until you get it.

Net: trust is the problem

This has always struck me as a completely weird perspective. If a player does not like a new idea because they don't "trust" the developers to use it wisely, what possible reason could they have for playing the game at all? It is as if the devs are incapable of coming up with ideas of their own, so as long as we don't give them any they won't have any way to do bad things with them.

The devs are going to constantly add and innovate to the best degree possible on the current game platform. If you believe the devs will inevitably do bad things with every idea, you have to believe the game will inevitably add those bad things whether they implement any particular idea or not. What possible bad thing could you believe inevitably arises from skins, that the devs won't find some other way to do without them, if you believe that's what they are all about.

The idea of playing a game where you don't "trust" the developers, when the developers have 100% of the control of the game and are tasked with constantly changing it, strikes me as an incredibly dumb thing to get involved with in any capacity.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 757 ★★★
    Keep the game going. Give me new skins with new abilities
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 902 ★★★
    You already have “Spider-Man” and “Iron-Man” with so many “skins” or “armors”……

On top of that, Kabam not only give you champions with different skins/armor, but let you play those champs with unique skills and features

Isn’t it more than enough for you??
  • Options
    BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★

While I would've loved the idea of Skins initially, we are too far into a game that has 20 Deadpools, 10 Wolverines, 10 Hulks, 5 Thors, 5 Caps etc.

Yes I'm inflating those numbers but you know what I mean. It would be much too confusing at this point. If there was only ONE Storm in the game, i would absolutely LOVE to be able to change her look and even pay for a Skin - it would be a good moneymaking strategy for Kabam. But as soon as there's now ANOTHER Storm - Pyramid X - having another set of Skins could make it confusing. Not to mention champions that are LITERALLY just a reskin yet their own champion, like Captain Marvel / Ms Marvel.

At this point, it's something that the game wouldn't be able to support and I fully understand that.

Very true!
  • Options
    BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★

While I would've loved the idea of Skins initially, we are too far into a game that has 20 Deadpools, 10 Wolverines, 10 Hulks, 5 Thors, 5 Caps etc.

Yes I'm inflating those numbers but you know what I mean. It would be much too confusing at this point. If there was only ONE Storm in the game, i would absolutely LOVE to be able to change her look and even pay for a Skin - it would be a good moneymaking strategy for Kabam. But as soon as there's now ANOTHER Storm - Pyramid X - having another set of Skins could make it confusing. Not to mention champions that are LITERALLY just a reskin yet their own champion, like Captain Marvel / Ms Marvel.

At this point, it's something that the game wouldn't be able to support and I fully understand that.

Very true!

You already have “Spider-Man” and “Iron-Man” with so many “skins” or “armors”……

On top of that, Kabam not only give you champions with different skins/armor, but let you play those champs with unique skills and features

Isn’t it more than enough for you??

More than enough for me...it was why it was called an idea looool. I didn't say I was going to hold Kabam to ransom if they didn't, you being way too serious hahaha