Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Necropolis - R4 Aegon face plow - 200+ revives

Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
I thought I would throw this out there maybe for chuckles as it appears most here are on cruise control in Necropolis. No grand skill here, making Uru 2 is my highest achievement in BGs, Had enough sig stones to get aegon up in the 190s. Took him to R4. No ascension available. But I had 70-80 (split between 20%-40% mostly) revives on hand. Bought the 1k unit deal on event quest for a few more. 18 team revives for the collector. Plenty of units because I only use them twice a year…. So off I went to get my one path.

And 3k more units later it’s done. Blew 25 of the 20% revives slowly ramping on Titania with no boosts or anything. Definitely over 200 revives with team revives included to finish … even if you only count those as 2 for Jugs and Aegon for final collector. It was fun… I didn’t take it too seriously knowing this was my first use of Aegon and trying to complete any Everest content. Reward luck from my first titan crystal, to the class gem on down was personally disappointing but still… for 4k units, nothing on cyber weekend or the banquet will come close to the rest of the rewards at that price.

And that was my reasoning for just plunging in and getting wrecked a bunch. Anyway… if anyone out there gets going and is like - “man, I read all the forum posts and thought I would surprise myself at how well I could do in this content. But…This… isn’t going well at all.” Well, remember at least one other guy out there had the same thoughts getting smacked around by Captain Britain. The aegon + unitman synergy does ultimately work for completion.

(Oh and I made sure to kill off my nick fury every team revive. And I killed off unranked proxima a few times for the collector fight trying to get used to his SP1 again. The contributions to the death count milestones for my part have been fulfilled.)

Comments

• Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Post cyber weekend, I'll be coming for that 200 revive achievement... appreciate the reassurance that it's not all solos & such. I'm eagerly anticipating my contribution to the total revive count
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,540 ★★★★
    I'm sure I will be somewhere around there too, lol
    I'm currently farming revives/potions and prepping for my completion run, which I will be doing during Xmas holidays for the 2 weeks I'm off of work. 🙃
  • Options
    I will build up my combo with my r4 sig 200 Aegon on Titania. Then r5 & ascend him. Im sitting on 80 revives right now and have like 11k Units. I will spend carefully on Cyberdeals and try my first run.
    I am scared that it won't be enough.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

I absolutely would not use a R4 aegon, wait until he gets stronger. My R5 ascended made such a difference, you can do most paths with him in 30-50 revives, as opposed to triple that using R4, non ascended.

Nah. I did using R4 ascended in the range of 35&45
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,463 ★★★★★

I will build up my combo with my r4 sig 200 Aegon on Titania. Then r5 & ascend him. Im sitting on 80 revives right now and have like 11k Units. I will spend carefully on Cyberdeals and try my first run.

Wait I thought the upgrade effects does not apply to heroes who are already in battle?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Wait I thought the upgrade effects does not apply to heroes who are already in battle?
    It does.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,440 ★★★★★
    My only question here is how many did you spend on GM and how many on the actual paths?

200 is wild but doesn't really matter, you got it done and that's what matters, congrats!
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 906 ★★★
    Congrats @Chuck_Finley , completion is awesome and you can sit back and enjoy the rewards. I want to do a completion to help out but my Kate, Zemo, Shuri and Aegon are all 5*. I will probably quadruple your count if I tried. Wanted to get the 6* rarity first before I try but hope the cyber weekend deals will at least let me get some of the champs…
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

I did a similar thing, but didn't ascend and don't run suicides. I took me 60 revives to make it to the Grandmaster playing pretty average – if the boss wasn't so buggy for me, i believe it would have taken me around 5 revives, instead it took 18. Still within your stash.

That's with not a great amount of pots, I ran out completely around Valkyrie only healing to 40-50%.

You will be absolutely fine with that amount, -+100 with a R5 should get anybody close enough.
  • Options
    Sean_Who said:

I did a similar thing, but didn't ascend and don't run suicides. I took me 60 revives to make it to the Grandmaster playing pretty average – if the boss wasn't so buggy for me, i believe it would have taken me around 5 revives, instead it took 18. Still within your stash.

That's with not a great amount of pots, I ran out completely around Valkyrie only healing to 40-50%.

You will be absolutely fine with that amount, -+100 with a R5 should get anybody close enough.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,559 ★★★★
    We thank you for your service and for adding significantly to the death count
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    edited November 2023

My only question here is how many did you spend on GM and how many on the actual paths?

200 is wild but doesn't really matter, you got it done and that's what matters, congrats!

Memory is not very good on each individual fight but I do know:

1) I spent 10 team revives on grand master (which really only used for 2 champs). No one thing stopped me - just random mistakes… just “oh I missed his SP1 that time” or “oops, it was red light” or “he didn’t say grand master says” or “oh look, my parry didn’t work”.
    2) 1 revive on Red Guardian since Aegon turns off everything in that fight.
    3) Cap Britain and Air walker were the most destructive to my revive stash.
    4) for some reason, I struggled with the Wiccan and Psycho man fights. I just can’t reliably dex their specials
    5) but ironically have a become pretty good at dexxing Nova specials so that fight wasn’t bad.

I also take far too long too long to learn the rhythm of the fights. The last 50% of the defenders health pool disappeared far faster than the first 50%. So more revives upfront getting used to it. Good players figure it out earlier. I don’t have that skill.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

I also take far too long too long to learn the rhythm of the fights. The last 50% of the defenders health pool disappeared far faster than the first 50%. So more revives upfront getting used to it. Good players figure it out earlier. I don’t have that skill.

This resonates with me a lot, I'm too lazy to go and practise fights in my roster, but I bet if I wanted to save revives, spending 5 minutes practising in my roster, before I jump into the fight could shave a few revives off each fight. If you're cautious with items maybe that's a good plan.