**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Possible bug with anti-cheat in necro.

Hey kabam, I’ve just had 2 guys in my alliance get perma banned 30 minutes apart. The common difference between them is they’ve both competed paths in necro. They record their fights and I’ve watched them play. One of them has even played since release date and neither have ever cheated as the game is their life. They both grind arenas and play 5+ hours a day. Is there a bug?

Comments

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★

And how are you so sure they didn’t cheat

Like I said, they record their fights and I’ve watched their gameplay.

That’s unfortunate then, if they send vids to support it should be handled
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,287 ★★★★★
    Did u actually watch their recordings to see if telling the truth as if they been banned then thats not the full story they told u
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,443 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Did u actually watch their recordings to see if telling the truth as if they been banned then thats not the full story they told u

Yes I watched them, why would a player of 9 years cheat?
    How do you know that player of 9 years hasn't been cheating for years?
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,507 ★★★★
    If they've got recorded gameplay, and send it into support it should be handled, if not they could ask here to query it.

It seems wrongful bans are still happening but also are being overturned.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    The difference here, people don't recognise is the ban period.
    This is a permanent ban.
    The other legit guy was a 7 day.

-Small Differences.
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    so, you are saying that your other 2 accounts got banned for cheating. Kabam is working as intended, that's for feedback
  • Options
    Adrianz1Adrianz1 Posts: 58
    This makes me reluctant in doing a completion run now, i dont want to be banned for nothing, im spending wayy too much time on this game to miss out stuff right in the heat of cyber weekend, banquet and other cool stuff.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,238 ★★★★★
    Why would anyone think you would get banned for simply clearing Necropolis? In what world does it makes sense that Kabam would release new content and use its completion as proof of cheating?

They're looking for mods, hacks, piloting, etc., not merely the fact that you completed a quest.

Anyway, nothing I or anyone here says will matter. They need to deal with this thru support in game.

But if your friends got banned, there was probably a reason that either you will not admit or just do not know about.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,606 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

After the last post, it is entirely possible they were banned by mistake

This is true. Kabam are testing out new anti-cheat methods with the necropolis after all. OP tell the to contact support and maybe they can also attach the vids as evidence
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 219 ★★

Why would anyone think you would get banned for simply clearing Necropolis? In what world does it makes sense that Kabam would release new content and use its completion as proof of cheating?

They're looking for mods, hacks, piloting, etc., not merely the fact that you completed a quest.

Anyway, nothing I or anyone here says will matter. They need to deal with this thru support in game.

But if your friends got banned, there was probably a reason that either you will not admit or just do not know about.

Let's see new anti-cheat system in place in necropolis could definitely be flawed flaging legitimate runs. Also from the post yesterday seems like the guy who's was wrongly banned only got help after posting here. Support was no help according to him. So yeah I'm gonna make my run in the next 2 weeks and I'm a little concerned. I shouldn't have to record every fight.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,287 ★★★★★
    Emomike said:

Let's see new anti-cheat system in place in necropolis could definitely be flawed flaging legitimate runs. Also from the post yesterday seems like the guy who's was wrongly banned only got help after posting here. Support was no help according to him. So yeah I'm gonna make my run in the next 2 weeks and I'm a little concerned. I shouldn't have to record every fight.
    U should be fine i did my necro run and didnt record anything nothing happened
  • Options
    Mimi27Mimi27 Posts: 13
    This new software probably isn't working correctly 😕 shocking, I know the 2 in this alliance and they do not cheat. Both got kicked out of game mid necro run then slapped with perma bans. I've found others saying the same thing in posts.