Possible bug with anti-cheat in necro.

2»

Comments

• mbracembrace Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    2StarKing said:

And how are you so sure they didn’t cheat

Like I said, they record their fights and I’ve watched their gameplay.

How do you know if they recorded clean fights and cheated in non-recorded fights?
    While all of these fringe theories are possible, the OP weighing the combination of both direct and circumstantial and concluding that the possibility of these players cheating is very, very low based on the totality of the facts. Sure, anything is possible, but I’m more inclined to believe that Kabam’s algorithm is not perfect.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,901 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

2StarKing said:

And how are you so sure they didn’t cheat

Like I said, they record their fights and I’ve watched their gameplay.

How do you know if they recorded clean fights and cheated in non-recorded fights?
    While all of these fringe theories are possible, the OP weighing the combination of both direct and circumstantial and concluding that the possibility of these players cheating is very, very low based on the totality of the facts. Sure, anything is possible, but I’m more inclined to believe that Kabam’s algorithm is not perfect.
    It might not be perfect but they proved to ban actual cheaters even when they have said ive been banned for no reason and kabam even went through logs and has said the ban will stay and in this case none from necro as been reversed yet
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,073 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Me seeing a Kabam employee other than miike and Jax respond on the forums

Yeah me too, I believe they are enough with forums bs and employed another mod
    He's probably new intern
    (Don't ban me)
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

He just crashed on this thread
  • VeroFzrVeroFzr Member Posts: 9

The difference here, people don't recognise is the ban period.
    This is a permanent ban.
    The other legit guy was a 7 day.

Probably not ban for necropolis. Anti hack în necropolis is permanent ;)

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

He just crashed on this thread

• XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★

Bendy said:

Did u actually watch their recordings to see if telling the truth as if they been banned then thats not the full story they told u

Yes I watched them, why would a player of 9 years cheat?
    How do you know that player of 9 years hasn't been cheating for years?
    You never learn do you? Shame on you.

Bendy said:

Did u actually watch their recordings to see if telling the truth as if they been banned then thats not the full story they told u

Honestly I do not understand how this guy is not banned from post on the forums. This guy has nothing but hatred to offer towards anyone has a different opinion or an opinion that doesn’t go along with kabam.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,402 Guardian

XFREEDOMX said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Honestly I do not understand how this guy is not banned from post on the forums. This guy has nothing but hatred to offer towards anyone has a different opinion or an opinion that doesn’t go along with kabam.
    It's quite untrue. You can see all my comments in my profile. I am not doing anything to get banned. You not liking what I am saying isn't against the ToS. Again, there isn't anything I said in this thread that is accusing the OP of cheating. I didn't come into the thread and immediately "you're a cheater"

I don't hate anyone. You all hate me because of my opinions regardless of how many times I've spoken out against things Kabam has done. You're the ones who hate anyone who doesn't have the opinion that Kabam is the most evil company anyone's ever seen in their lives. Anyway, have a great day.
    Wait, you're HungaryHippo too?
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

XFREEDOMX said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

It's quite untrue. You can see all my comments in my profile. I am not doing anything to get banned. You not liking what I am saying isn't against the ToS. Again, there isn't anything I said in this thread that is accusing the OP of cheating. I didn't come into the thread and immediately "you're a cheater"

I don't hate anyone. You all hate me because of my opinions regardless of how many times I've spoken out against things Kabam has done. You're the ones who hate anyone who doesn't have the opinion that Kabam is the most evil company anyone's ever seen in their lives. Anyway, have a great day.
    Wait, you're HungaryHippo too?
    I was confused as to who the post was referring to also lol
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Hahahahahaha.
  • MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Member Posts: 247 ★★★
    I need a thread dedicated for @Kabam Crashed to just put people on blast for saying they didn't cheat, when in fact they did. And pin that thread.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,365 Guardian

After investigating this thoroughly we determined it was a case of a cheating merc. That same merc has gotten at least five other accounts permanently banned since Necropolis launched.

In a way, you could say that's the best thing the merc has done for the game.

This would be a good time to remind everyone that hiring a merc is in and of itself a bannable offense, and can draw permanent bans in the Necropolis even if they didn't cheat in your run. Modding is prohibited, piloting is prohibited, account sharing is prohibited, hiring mercs is prohibited. If you hire a merc and he has cheated even once somewhere, anywhere, and Kabam detects this, they could track down all of his customers and ban them just for being customers at their discretion.

Think about that when thinking about the risks of hiring a merc. Even if he records your runs, even if he plays perfectly legitimately in your runs, you could still get permanently banned, and the video recordings would be of no help to you. Just don't do it. If a merc draws attention to themselves, cheats, mods, advertises somewhere and gets reported, or just has too many customers and gets detected as a merc, that's enough to get a lot of other players connected to him or her banned. There's no way to cover yourself against this possibility.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
    Damn playing the game since release and hiring a merc now, that’s cray cray
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

I need a thread dedicated for @Kabam Crashed to just put people on blast for saying they didn't cheat, when in fact they did. And pin that thread.

KabamCrashed:

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,905 ★★★★★

Damn playing the game since release and hiring a merc now, that’s cray cray

It doesn’t necessarily mean they haven’t hired one before now.
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 330
    edited November 2023
    Perfectly good algorithm.

https://youtu.be/tlgblC-l90g
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,365 Guardian

Perfectly good algorithm.

https://youtu.be/tlgblC-l90g

I’m not sure what you’re trying to insinuate here, because no one has claimed that Kabam is capable of catching and banning all cheaters, not even Kabam. What perfectly good algorithm do you think you’ve found an example of a failure for? What algorithm was supposed to prevent whatever it is you’ve noticed?