Utilities of Shuri besides Necropolis?

GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Member Posts: 905 ★★★
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
I know she is the Queen for Necropolis exploration.

I pulled her recently as a 7 star and I also pulled a Tech 2-to-3 7Star Rankup Gem from Necropolis initial completion.

I am thinking to take her to Rank 3 then bring her in the Necropolis for 100% exploration.

But I am kind of wondering whether it is too risky to bring her to Rank3 just for Necropolis, if she is going to sit on the bench after Necropolis……?

At least at this moment, 7R3 resources are very limited, I don’t want to rank up a champ to Rank 3 just to meet a short-time need…

If Shuri as a Tech champ cannot perform a god-tier Tech Champ should be in other contents, I will consider to leave her to Rank 2, then wait till the time I pull Warlock….

What do you guys think?

Comments

• jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,385 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    A lot of people already had post-buff Shuri very high on their rankings before Necropolis was even announced which I didn't really understand until I got her myself. Tons of utilities in every game mode, and if you have her awakened (I actually chose her dupe instead of Hulk in the selector), it adds a huge ability to block unblockable attacks.

I'd say she's definitely worth your resources. I took mine to r3 Friday and look forward to exploring Necropolis with her. THEN I can go back and get that Hulk I passed on in the selector haha
  • Agent_7Agent_7 Member Posts: 183 ★★
    Pretty much agree with everything stated here. Ability to handle Necropolis is simply a bonus for a champ that is outstanding in all content. Well worth the rank up.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,979 ★★★★★
    She is really good in handling some annoying bg defenders with very less counters, like attuma and domino.
    And also a little annoying on defense with parrh immunity and miss.
    She's easily the best tech r3 in the pool
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,402 ★★★★
    She doesn’t gain precision buff from Dexterity mastery, so she doesn’t have to worry about Mojo or Dormammu, or other matchups that punish buffs.

Also, she has a phase mechanic. I haven’t explored it much myself, but it seems like it can help get easy opening for knockdowns.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Member Posts: 905 ★★★

Non-contact attacks are great to bypass Thorns, Korg and Attuma. Useful on Pull! nodes; less useful against OG Daredevil.

Immunity to AAR counters Domino; but also Disorient/Concussion nodes.

Control over crits means she can easily handle Ebony Maw and Scarlet Witch; or nodes that punish/reward critical hits.

She can choose to either focus on Shock debuffs (to make use of Despair/Inequity) or Shock passives (more damage, bypasses debuff immunity and shrug-off)

Going Untouchable is incredibly useful defensively; and can be used to land safe Heavy attacks.

Blocking Unblockable Specials when Awakened is a no-brainer.

I could go on; but the point is, there are a load of nodes and abilities that she can work around with thoughtful gameplay; and she's got access to really good damage. What more do you want from one of your top champs?

because it seems to me there are some "shared features" in top Tech champs' kit, including heal block, energy drain, armor break.....

but in Shuri, I cannot see any of those features, although she has her unique abilities......
  • Adri5846Adri5846 Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2023

Non-contact attacks are great to bypass Thorns, Korg and Attuma. Useful on Pull! nodes; less useful against OG Daredevil.

Control over crits means she can easily handle Ebony Maw and Scarlet Witch; or nodes that punish/reward critical hits.

She can choose to either focus on Shock debuffs (to make use of Despair/Inequity) or Shock passives (more damage, bypasses debuff immunity and shrug-off)

Going Untouchable is incredibly useful defensively; and can be used to land safe Heavy attacks.

I could go on; but the point is, there are a load of nodes and abilities that she can work around with thoughtful gameplay; and she's got access to really good damage. What more do you want from one of your top champs?

because it seems to me there are some "shared features" in top Tech champs' kit, including heal block, energy drain, armor break.....

but in Shuri, I cannot see any of those features, although she has her unique abilities......
    Shuri isnt a typical tech champ. She is the queen of DOT and has diferent abilities as the typical tech ones. For example is great for mystic champs bc she doesnt gain buff when doing dex.

In my opinion, the best tech 7* are Shuri and Warlock and i would prefer Shuri at r3. In BGs she is one of the best techs for the utility. If u rank 3 Shuri u wont regret.
  • simolazsimolaz Member Posts: 418 ★★

Actually with Despair mastery the heal block is part of her kit.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,832 ★★★★★

That's true.

Counterpoint: How many of those 'typical tech' abilities does Ghost have?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    She has massive utillity. Shock immune, high Dot, non contact hits, deceptively tanky on defense, no dex buffs, she can be used on defense and attack in BGs and war. She is worth r3 100%
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,939 ★★★★★
    I took mine to r3 with resources from Friday. A 2-3 gem for her is an automatic rank-up.