**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Average Kate Bishop Players - How was Your Run?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 154
    When you all use revives, do you then use health potions to get the champs up to 100% health or just use the 40% health from the revives?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,989 ★★★★★

When you all use revives, do you then use health potions to get the champs up to 100% health or just use the 40% health from the revives?

I know Aegon doesnt need potions which is why I want him so bad, you need a ton of potions to be able to constantly heal Kate
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

I finished my run earlier today and I used a r4 Kate with Chavez synergy, she did not disappoint. I was so surprised cause she was able to do a lot of fights with only three or four revives even though she was r4, I honestly kinda regret ascending Zemo over her but what's done is done lol.

So for the actual fights, first section I didn't use her much cause of Against The Ropes, it was quite hard to use her with that trap node active and it just wasn't working for me, yes skill issue cause I know for a fact she can do some of those fights even with Against The Ropes active. Section two however, I ended up using her even more than Zemo and Shuri. Sam and Cap IW two revives each, Nova and Tigra three revives each, and Dragon Man took four cause the block damage was just too much and I never healed back to 100% for any of the fights. For a r4 though, I think that's great!

Final thoughts: I just r5ed her and she will probably be my next ascension lol. I plan on taking Titania path with her next month.

So you had the same thoughts of not wanting to r5 her with t6cc and to just start with harder path 2 for the r5 gem?

How hard is that path for a team of Kate, Shuri, Chavez, Juggs, and either Abs Man or Heimdall for 5th? Is it more meant for Aegon or Shuri since the trap node would hurt Kates health?

Around how many potions did you end up using for her and Shuri, and what did you heal until when starting the fights?
    Yeah that's exactly what I did, r5 her with the gem from the path.

So for the first section you would really only need Kate for Fantastic and Air Walker, the rest can pretty much be soloed with Shuri or with very little revives. When I did my run I got solo on Namor and Wiccan, Psycho Man and Capt Britain one revive each, Attuma two revives all of them with Shuri. Fantastic is 100% doable with Kate if you're not too close to the corner when you go for your heavies and specials, the problem for me was Air Walker, you have to get two tranquilize on him first, then you go for coldsnap and then you go for fragility. Initially this isn't too hard but if you die twice and he gets those three persistent charges the fight can go from easy to extremely hard really fast, I had to do the rest with Chavez when he got his three charges cause the power gain was just too much and even then I struggled a lot I wasted 13 revives there. With Chavez you want to spam heavy and reverse his power gain basically
    Section two is where Kate really shines though, as I mentioned above I did five fights on that path with her, I did Herc as well but I didn't mention that one cause I ended up using an embarrassing amount of revives on him, I just couldn't get my damage going and I'd been playing for hours already so I probably should've taken a break there lol.
    So yeah basically first section hard with Kate but possible, Shuri will definitely be the most useful champ there. Section two Kate will definitely be the most useful, you'll need Shuri for Apoc but that's it Kate can deal with the rest. I think you can do it with that team but you will have to practice a lot against Fantastic so you don't take damage from the trap node when you refresh your trick arrow effects.

As for revives and who I used, here's the list:
    Fantastic: 1 with Zemo
    Namor: 0 with Shuri
    Attuma: 2 with Shuri
    Air Walker: 13 with Zemo, Kate and Chavez
    Capt. Britain: 1 with Shuri
    Wiccan: 0 with Shuri
    Psycho Man: 1 with Shuri
    Apoc: 2 with Shuri
    Tigra: 3 with Kate
    Herc: 19 with Zemo and Kate
    Sam: 2 with Kate
    Dragon Man: 4 with Kate
    Cap IW: 2 with Zemo and Kate
    Nova: 3 with Kate and Juggs
    GM: 21 with Juggs and Shuri
    No healing potions, I probably should've though now that I think about it cause some of my deaths were due to block damage (Apoc, Dragon Man, Attuma, Nova and Capt. Britain).
  • Options

Polygon said:

I finished my run earlier today and I used a r4 Kate with Chavez synergy, she did not disappoint. I was so surprised cause she was able to do a lot of fights with only three or four revives even though she was r4, I honestly kinda regret ascending Zemo over her but what's done is done lol.

So for the actual fights, first section I didn't use her much cause of Against The Ropes, it was quite hard to use her with that trap node active and it just wasn't working for me, yes skill issue cause I know for a fact she can do some of those fights even with Against The Ropes active. Section two however, I ended up using her even more than Zemo and Shuri. Sam and Cap IW two revives each, Nova and Tigra three revives each, and Dragon Man took four cause the block damage was just too much and I never healed back to 100% for any of the fights. For a r4 though, I think that's great!

Final thoughts: I just r5ed her and she will probably be my next ascension lol. I plan on taking Titania path with her next month.

So you had the same thoughts of not wanting to r5 her with t6cc and to just start with harder path 2 for the r5 gem?

How hard is that path for a team of Kate, Shuri, Chavez, Juggs, and either Abs Man or Heimdall for 5th? Is it more meant for Aegon or Shuri since the trap node would hurt Kates health?

Around how many potions did you end up using for her and Shuri, and what did you heal until when starting the fights?

So for the first section you would really only need Kate for Fantastic and Air Walker, the rest can pretty much be soloed with Shuri or with very little revives. When I did my run I got solo on Namor and Wiccan, Psycho Man and Capt Britain one revive each, Attuma two revives all of them with Shuri. Fantastic is 100% doable with Kate if you're not too close to the corner when you go for your heavies and specials, the problem for me was Air Walker, you have to get two tranquilize on him first, then you go for coldsnap and then you go for fragility. Initially this isn't too hard but if you die twice and he gets those three persistent charges the fight can go from easy to extremely hard really fast, I had to do the rest with Chavez when he got his three charges cause the power gain was just too much and even then I struggled a lot I wasted 13 revives there. With Chavez you want to spam heavy and reverse his power gain basically
    Section two is where Kate really shines though, as I mentioned above I did five fights on that path with her, I did Herc as well but I didn't mention that one cause I ended up using an embarrassing amount of revives on him, I just couldn't get my damage going and I'd been playing for hours already so I probably should've taken a break there lol.
    So yeah basically first section hard with Kate but possible, Shuri will definitely be the most useful champ there. Section two Kate will definitely be the most useful, you'll need Shuri for Apoc but that's it Kate can deal with the rest. I think you can do it with that team but you will have to practice a lot against Fantastic so you don't take damage from the trap node when you refresh your trick arrow effects.

No healing potions, I probably should've though now that I think about it cause some of my deaths were due to block damage (Apoc, Dragon Man, Attuma, Nova and Capt. Britain).
    Thanks for the detailed breakdown, that Air Walker persistent charge kinda sounds rough and wants me to consider waiting for Aegon or at least doing another path.

If im expecting to die at least twice with Kate,would it be better to start it with Chavez or Use Kate then chavez afterwards since she can handle the increased power gain?

Also, the Trap Node is making me consider another idea in doing path 1 first to see if I can possibly get a tech r3 gem for Shuri as that would “Shurly” save me a ton of resources on path 2 if i succeeded
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Thanks for the detailed breakdown, that Air Walker persistent charge kinda sounds rough and wants me to consider waiting for Aegon or at least doing another path.

If im expecting to die at least twice with Kate,would it be better to start it with Chavez or Use Kate then chavez afterwards since she can handle the increased power gain?

Also, the Trap Node is making me consider another idea in doing path 1 first to see if I can possibly get a tech r3 gem for Shuri as that would “Shurly” save me a ton of resources on path 2 if i succeeded
    First two tries I'd recommend Kate, once he's at three charges though yeah you have to go with Chavez cause the power gain is just too much.

Honestly, I would highly advice taking Titania path on your first run, I wish I did. There are two issues with Fantastic path 1. Due to Against The Ropes you can't heavy spam that Air Walker in the corner with Chavez and prevent him from ever throwing a single special once he's at three charges and 2. That Herc has some really annoying nodes where even with Kate Ægon or Zemo it just seems nearly impossible to get a solo, I struggled so much.
    I haven't done Titania path myself yet but it seems like the only tough fight there is Aarkus (which shouldn't be that hard with Chavez btw) everything else doesn't look too hard with Kate and Shuri.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 688 ★★★
    My run with her is was decent. I spent some time practicing on Titania, and got better with her as I progressed. But still couldn’t replicate the YouTubers results. I found if I was struggling with a fight I was better off staring with the coldsnap to get the damage going. Some fights I just couldn’t get the perfect set up or when I did, it would just fall off. Even with out the fragility her coldsnap damage is very nice and will allow you to chip away at their health.
  • Options

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

First two tries I'd recommend Kate, once he's at three charges though yeah you have to go with Chavez cause the power gain is just too much.

Honestly, I would highly advice taking Titania path on your first run, I wish I did. There are two issues with Fantastic path 1. Due to Against The Ropes you can't heavy spam that Air Walker in the corner with Chavez and prevent him from ever throwing a single special once he's at three charges and 2. That Herc has some really annoying nodes where even with Kate Ægon or Zemo it just seems nearly impossible to get a solo, I struggled so much.
    I haven't done Titania path myself yet but it seems like the only tough fight there is Aarkus (which shouldn't be that hard with Chavez btw) everything else doesn't look too hard with Kate and Shuri.
    Aside from Aarkus aren’t there other rough fights? I heard Shuri for Psycho Man, but who for Guardian? He has insane bleed and energy resistance so on paper Shuri Kate and even Chavez seem like bad options. Would i have to bring someone just for him?

Not looking forward to that Herc on path 2 either.

Also the only reason I was considering path 2 first is because I really didn’t want to r5 kate using t6cc as most are just ranking 6 stars with gems nowadays. Also have Black Cat sitting at R1

Do you regret not r5ing her with t6cc and doing path 2 with her at r5 since some of those fights were really rough?

I could also potentially get a mystic or tech r3 gem from path 1 that i can use on Shuri or Chavez to make path 2 easier
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Kate did not dissapoint, with full boosts 20% att/30% champion boost/12% special boost her 3 coldsnaps were ticking for 30k on class advantage and 27k without class advantage. This is 60k or 54k damage per second, insane.
    My team was 7 star venom r2, 6r5 ascended kate, 6r1 chavez for synergy, r4 juggs and dead nick fury. Below you can find my revive count, I used kate for every fight except a ocuple where I used venom.

Titania: solo
    Vision aarkus: 2 (venom)
    Omega sentinel: 1
    Air alker: solo
    Captain britain: 6 (had to get used to reversed ocntrols and dexing sp1, after that easy fight)
    Wiccan: 6 (had some problems keeping up my arrow effect because of his powergain/long sp1, after some getting used to also easy fight)
    Psychoman: 8 (duo kate and venom, this one sucked probably one of the most annoying ones imo because you cant punish his sp1)
    Guardian: 8 (venom, I suck at dexing sp1 otherwise it would have been much better)
    Valk: 5 (4 with kate for first 40% then solo kast 60% with venom)
    Dragon man: 6 (his powergain sucks, I found it best to only use coldsnap arrows and try to keep them on as long as possible)
    Cap iw: solo
    Nova: team revive + 1 venom and 2 kate (venom for last 20% because under 18% he counters autoblock)

Path revives total: 45 solo revives and 1 team revive.

Grandmaster: 2 revives from 100-30%, then 50 revives from 30-1% then 1 revive to finish. I found his last 30% to be super difficult with juggs. You degen the whole time so after completing a couple of challenges you are stuck at 1 health and one mistake means death. For example during the parry 3 times challenge the parrys just killed me. Wrong dex on sp1 and dead etc etc, numerous times I got to 4 challenges to just end up dead. I got him wounded 1 time, bruto forced the rest with a r4 juggs. Hell.

Only for the last 30% I'm now going to rank up aegon and bring him every time and will probably have a team that consist of aegon proxima heimdall + kate&chavez/kate&venom/kate&odin or whetever else the path requires. I also have no shuri.
  • Options

Kate did not dissapoint, with full boosts 20% att/30% champion boost/12% special boost her 3 coldsnaps were ticking for 30k on class advantage and 27k without class advantage. This is 60k or 54k damage per second, insane.
    My team was 7 star venom r2, 6r5 ascended kate, 6r1 chavez for synergy, r4 juggs and dead nick fury. Below you can find my revive count, I used kate for every fight except a ocuple where I used venom.

Captain britain: 6 (had to get used to reversed ocntrols and dexing sp1, after that easy fight)
    Wiccan: 6 (had some problems keeping up my arrow effect because of his powergain/long sp1, after some getting used to also easy fight)
    Psychoman: 8 (duo kate and venom, this one sucked probably one of the most annoying ones imo because you cant punish his sp1)
    Guardian: 8 (venom, I suck at dexing sp1 otherwise it would have been much better)
    Dragon man: 6 (his powergain sucks, I found it best to only use coldsnap arrows and try to keep them on as long as possible)
    Nova: team revive + 1 venom and 2 kate (venom for last 20% because under 18% he counters autoblock)

Grandmaster: 2 revives from 100-30%, then 50 revives from 30-1% then 1 revive to finish. I found his last 30% to be super difficult with juggs. You degen the whole time so after completing a couple of challenges you are stuck at 1 health and one mistake means death. For example during the parry 3 times challenge the parrys just killed me. Wrong dex on sp1 and dead etc etc, numerous times I got to 4 challenges to just end up dead. I got him wounded 1 time, bruto forced the rest with a r4 juggs. Hell.

Only for the last 30% I'm now going to rank up aegon and bring him every time and will probably have a team that consist of aegon proxima heimdall + kate&chavez/kate&venom/kate&odin or whetever else the path requires. I also have no shuri.

How many potions did you use/how high did you heal Kate after each revive?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Polygon said:

How many potions did you use/how high did you heal Kate after each revive?
    I had 14 lvl 5 pots and 180-200 lvl4 pots. Used them all but also to heal up venom a few times. Most of the times I tried to heal up kate to full but when my amount of pots lowered I started healing her up to around 50-60% each time which sometimes was enough sometimes not. Specifically in valk fight I remember not healing up that much becauseI noticed I the fight didn't require any block hits. For the dman fight I healed up to full a couple of times so I could take the block damage from sp2.

Instead of rambling below is concretely what I remember:
    titania: ended with 80% health
    Omega sentinel: heal to full, ended with 60%
    Air walker: heal to full
    Captain britain: Healed to full first time but sp1 does a lot of block damage; healed to 50% next 5 tries
    Wiccan: heal to full once, then to 50-60% next tries
    Psychoman: hard to keep up passives for me, didn't heal a lot here to save resources but sometimes venom/kate to 50%
    Guardian: Healed venom a lot to 80% or full to tank last hits of sp1
    Nova: saved the rest of my health pots for gm, at this point I think I had 30-40 lvl4 pots left

EDIT: for these potions I opened around 175 free crystals and remainder was from 24h solo events
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Aside from Aarkus aren’t there other rough fights? I heard Shuri for Psycho Man, but who for Guardian? He has insane bleed and energy resistance so on paper Shuri Kate and even Chavez seem like bad options. Would i have to bring someone just for him?

Not looking forward to that Herc on path 2 either.

Also the only reason I was considering path 2 first is because I really didn’t want to r5 kate using t6cc as most are just ranking 6 stars with gems nowadays. Also have Black Cat sitting at R1

Do you regret not r5ing her with t6cc and doing path 2 with her at r5 since some of those fights were really rough?

I could also potentially get a mystic or tech r3 gem from path 1 that i can use on Shuri or Chavez to make path 2 easier
    Shuri can definitely solo Psycho-Man I almost got the solo myself. As for Guardian, I'm going to use Adam, but I have heard Chavez works so you could give it a shot with her. KT1 mentioned Chavez as a possible counter too.

That's a tough question, I kinda do because of how hard Herc and Air-Walker were but at the same time I don't cause I had a r5 ascended Zemo and thanks to that I now have a r5 Adam for the techs in path 1. In path 2, Against The Ropes just makes Kate really hard to use and it makes that Air-Walker also extremely hard since you can't cheese him with Chavez as easily as if you take path 1.
    If I didn't have Zemo I probably would've started with path 1 instead of 2 for completion though that's for sure.

My advice, if you don't have a Zemo do 1, if you do go for 2 but keep in mind that Herc and that Air-Walker will be extremely hard to deal with regardless.
  • Options
    Cryptoman78Cryptoman78 Posts: 37
    So my plan is to do completion one week before the additional rewards are given out. I’m hoping to pull Aegon but if not I have ascended R5 KB, 7* R1awakened Wiccan, R4 shuri (will take her to R5 unless I pull a 7* shuri) I only have a 5* American so she would be used only for synergy so that leaves one slot open for 6* R4 juggs or maxed ascended herc (not sure if he will be useful?)

I’m ok with KB but my weakness is reverse controls I’m terrible with them! so with that being said can Wiccan/Juggs handle captain britain? And what’s the best strategy for GM during that reverse control phase ? Just use 40% revives or heal up full every time and try to get enough damage in before the degen takes all my health? Do you suggest path 1 or 2 with my team?

• Options
    SligSlig Posts: 360 ★★

So my plan is to do completion one week before the additional rewards are given out. I’m hoping to pull Aegon but if not I have ascended R5 KB, 7* R1awakened Wiccan, R4 shuri (will take her to R5 unless I pull a 7* shuri) I only have a 5* American so she would be used only for synergy so that leaves one slot open for 6* R4 juggs or maxed ascended herc (not sure if he will be useful?)

I’m ok with KB but my weakness is reverse controls I’m terrible with them! so with that being said can Wiccan/Juggs handle captain britain? And what’s the best strategy for GM during that reverse control phase ? Just use 40% revives or heal up full every time and try to get enough damage in before the degen takes all my health? Do you suggest path 1 or 2 with my team?

This was my plan too but pulled aegon today
  • Options
    Cryptoman78Cryptoman78 Posts: 37
    Slig said:

This was my plan too but pulled aegon today
    That’s awesome. That’s also why I’m trying to hold off till the last minute. Did you get him from a regular 6* crystal, duel or paragon daily ?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Dual.

I failed with two abyss nexus selectors to get him.

I already ranked up Kate to R4 and ascended her, but luckily she’s a great champ anyway. Luckily held off on taking her to R5 as I only have the mats for one right now.
  • Options
    Slig said:

Dual.

I already ranked up Kate to R4 and ascended her, but luckily she’s a great champ anyway. Luckily held off on taking her to R5 as I only have the mats for one right now.

How many dual crystals?

@Slig @Cryptoman78 im debating waiting last minute for a chance at Aegon too. Currently maxing out shards in BGs store (I never normally buy this deal since it wasn’t updated when they buffed BGs store)

The only reason I wanted to explore is because of the Christmas gift. Now that we have so many Valiants, i feel like Kabam would be forced to make that gift insanely busted for Valiant players meanwhile Paragon players get the short end of the stick
  • Options
    Moneymike128Moneymike128 Posts: 29
    I just want to say that once I got the hang of it, Aarkus was a cheese fight with Kate. With the taunt in the corner and his power gain, you can just continuously dex, heavy punish his sp1, and repeat without being close to him long enough to take coldsnap damage.

Omega Sentinel was similar except I blocked the sp1 instead of dex.

Doom v Air walker was a long but relatively unmeaningful fight, the cycle works. Titania, Britain, and Wiccan on the other hand made me suffer endlessly.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 838 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

So one of the things that has helped me a lot with leveling up my Kate Bishop gameplay is that using her more in Necro has reinforced my need to trust in her block.

For a lot of Necro fights it actually makes more sense for you to block an opponent's hit/special rather than try to dex it. Yes, you take some chip damage but you position yourself to refresh your DOTs by punishing the special with a heavy, rather than moving out of range.

That small change in mindset really increased the amount of uptime I get from my DOTs and exponentially increases my damage output per fight.

@Darkness275 this is some sound advice. Think she debuffs a lot with chavez adding a 3rd stack so inequity can help even more? Plus the crushed debuff

Regarding the heavy after taking a special into the block, wouldn’t the enemy be able to react quicker than the heavy can make contact? Theres champs where i try to dash in to punish a special after blocking it, only to get intercepted because they reacted quicker
    You can block all the special except for the last hit, dex the last hit, and heavy counter (it’s all situational and depends on the opponent)
    Ah right i should’ve figured thats what he meant.

Btw, what are everyones thoughts of doing my 1st run on a path with the r5 gem while shes at r4 s200 ascended ? I don’t want to r5 using t6cc as I’d rather focus them on 7 stars like my Black Cat
    I started on the Titania path the switched over to apocalypse path in section 2 to get the r4-5 gem. going to run path 5 next to get the other r4-5 gem for shuri as I’m saving my cats to r2 my wong
  • Options

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

So one of the things that has helped me a lot with leveling up my Kate Bishop gameplay is that using her more in Necro has reinforced my need to trust in her block.

For a lot of Necro fights it actually makes more sense for you to block an opponent's hit/special rather than try to dex it. Yes, you take some chip damage but you position yourself to refresh your DOTs by punishing the special with a heavy, rather than moving out of range.

That small change in mindset really increased the amount of uptime I get from my DOTs and exponentially increases my damage output per fight.

@Darkness275 this is some sound advice. Think she debuffs a lot with chavez adding a 3rd stack so inequity can help even more? Plus the crushed debuff

Regarding the heavy after taking a special into the block, wouldn’t the enemy be able to react quicker than the heavy can make contact? Theres champs where i try to dash in to punish a special after blocking it, only to get intercepted because they reacted quicker
    You can block all the special except for the last hit, dex the last hit, and heavy counter (it’s all situational and depends on the opponent)
    Ah right i should’ve figured thats what he meant.

Btw, what are everyones thoughts of doing my 1st run on a path with the r5 gem while shes at r4 s200 ascended ? I don’t want to r5 using t6cc as I’d rather focus them on 7 stars like my Black Cat
    I started on the Titania path the switched over to apocalypse path in section 2 to get the r4-5 gem. going to run path 5 next to get the other r4-5 gem for shuri as I’m saving my cats to r2 my wong
    I was originally planning to explore before the Xmas Gift gets sent out, but since they’re nerfing revive farming, I’m just going to go for completion now. At least this way, I don’t need to r5 Kate
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Polygon said:

Slig said:

Dual.

How many dual crystals?

@Slig @Cryptoman78 im debating waiting last minute for a chance at Aegon too. Currently maxing out shards in BGs store (I never normally buy this deal since it wasn’t updated when they buffed BGs store)

The only reason I wanted to explore is because of the Christmas gift. Now that we have so many Valiants, i feel like Kabam would be forced to make that gift insanely busted for Valiant players meanwhile Paragon players get the short end of the stick </blockquote

5 or 6 dual crystals. Got lucky. Struck out with the tech cosmic ones for Herc for a long time.

Just did a completion run today with aegon and I’m glad I didn’t use Kate. She’s great, but I don’t think I have the skill with her yet for some of those fights.
  • Options
    Not sure why it isn’t showing up. 5 or 6 dual crystals. Got lucky.

Did a completion run today and really glad I used aegon. Some of those fights will be very difficult with Kate.
  • Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 126
    Slig said:

Who did you use for air walker?

Absman

• Options
    Slig said:

Did a completion run today and really glad I used aegon. Some of those fights will be very difficult with Kate.

There are only two fights Kate absolutely cannot do in path 1, three hard ones but doable and the rest she can easily do with less revives than Ægon.
  • Options

You don't need to worry about reverse controls for captain britain. Start with tranquilize arrow and you will probably have to bait 1 or maybe 2 specials. Try to push captain britain to special 2 if you're not comfortable dexing sp1. This way you will have 2 tranquilize up and she won't put debuffs on you so you won't have reversed controls. From there it's a really easy fight.

Also the degen will not take all your health you will slowly but surely get to 1 health because it deals 1% damage of your current health. It will never kill you.
  • Options

Slig said:

There are only two fights Kate absolutely cannot do in path 1, three hard ones but doable and the rest she can easily do with less revives than Ægon.
    Oh, I agree with this if you are skilled with Kate. I had just gotten her so I’m glad I used the less skilled option - especially because I had plenty of revives and units. Aegon also bowled over the grandmaster for me.