**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War season dates?

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
Last year, we had a war break around the Christmas holidays and banquet. Kabam was nice enough to give us the upcoming tactics. Can we get an idea of what to expect for the next war season so we know how that may interact with the banquet and other holiday events?

Comments

• Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 163
    They gave us war and bgs heads up already. Go check on forums. Mods and ish been posted a few weeks back.
  • Options
    Chiicc said:

They gave us war and bgs heads up already. Go check on forums. Mods and ish been posted a few weeks back.

They gave us the tactics. I didn’t see a date.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,974 ★★★★★
    Chiicc said:

Tactics were posted but not season dates. The standard scheduling timeline would put the season start at Dec 20th, a timeframe that we’ve had the season pushed back previously.
  • Options
    Has been asked to the team. Will update when there is info available.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    I really hope there is an extended off season again. Plus that way bg and war would be off at the same time so they wouldn't have to listen to people who don't understand multiples of 5 and 6 don't always equal out, cry for a week.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Chiicc said:

They gave us the tactics. I didn’t see a date.
    (Click disagree)

(No one posts dates)

I hate this forum sometimes. Hopefully they tell us during the livestream.
  • Options
    I didn’t hear it. Did I miss it?
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

I didn’t hear it. Did I miss it?

The dates aren't finalized yet. You'll be updated when there is info to give.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Sincere request to Kabam that they do the same as last couple years and delay next war season to start of next year to allow some free time during the year end holidays.
  • Options
    It’s wild to think that a game that probably has champs, story lines and permanent content mapped for a year or more wouldn’t know this answer.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

It’s wild to think that a game that probably has champs, story lines and permanent content mapped for a year or more wouldn’t know this answer.

Do you want war to start and be going during the holidays? If so, then don't let kabam discuss what they should do about that because war would start on the 20th following the normal schedule and pattern.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

Do you want war to start and be going during the holidays? If so, then don't let kabam discuss what they should do about that because war would start on the 20th following the normal schedule and pattern.
    Since there is an event during the holidays that awards points for winning matches in AW, more conversation and planning is also likely needed.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

Or they’d effectively just copy paste the last holiday schedule to the next and not stress about it. Less game to break = more time for vacation.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Pikolu said:

TyEdge said:

Or they’d effectively just copy paste the last holiday schedule to the next and not stress about it. Less game to break = more time for vacation.
    The schedule doesn't work how you think it works.
  • Options
    nismo41886nismo41886 Posts: 18
    New changelog arrives right around season end (few days from now) which should have details on season dates, bans/whitelist, official node changes, etc. No use pre-stressing about it but was hopeful we’d maybe get some info during the stream on friday
  • Options
  • Options
    The saddens me with an incomprehensible sadness
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 168 ★★
    Yeah how about we NOT start the 20th
  • Options
    TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★
    Please bring back the holiday AW break..
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Any reason why there is no holiday break? I figured the kabam employees would want it too.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    Need to move the date forward like you did last year Kabam, it does not benefit anyone, players or staff by doing Dec20 start
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Sad that the thought given to give a break the last couple years isn't extending to.this one. Honestly don't see how giving a two week break will cause an issue to both the game team and the player base, when both can enjoy the holidays.
  • Options
    CoołComsCoołComs Posts: 28
    As someone who travels around Christmas, last year was very nice with the break and I think should return. Starting on 20th means a war is ongoing during Christmas. Planners in high tier war have to spend time on Christmas Eve/Day planning. I really hope we can get this updated for the holidays.
  • Options
    Not happy with this at all either.
  • Options
    PowPow48PowPow48 Posts: 17
    Would really like a delay to the season for the holidays at least to the Wednesday after Christmas please!
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    A lot of our members will likely not show for a Christmas Day war, so here's hoping they push it back to January.
  • Options
    SpagNidusSpagNidus Posts: 51
    Please delay the season a week!
  • Options
    Dukenpuke said:

A lot of our members will likely not show for a Christmas Day war, so here's hoping they push it back to January.

I just told my alliance to not care about war for that season. Makes life easier for me