Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

[Profanity]

Comments

• Options

Pikolu said:

I love the hardline against cheaters these days. It's great.

I don't think it's even a cheater. Just a tier a ****
    Why else would they have a champ removed from their account?
    Because they angered Miike and it also isn't the first time someone received a ban for their behavior on forums. If you remember a few months ago when the one guy made like 4 different accounts attacking Jax, Miike on the last thread said if that guy made another account, all of his accounts would be permabanned. The moral of the story is be nice and respectful on forums.

The real question is: where was miike last night when all the playstation account permabans hit? Is miike moonlighting?!?!
    Miike was helping out the westfold before it fell.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,094 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

ahmynuts said:

Oh no I am coming too late 😅 what happened besides the legendary action from miike

Op managed to churn out a pretty offensive sentence. But got uno Reverse carded by miike and now lost his herc
    Love it
    What makes it funnier is that OP had the profane words fully censored like it would have made a difference in the context of the message lmao
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,702 Guardian
    edited December 2023
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Oh no I am coming too late 😅 what happened besides the legendary action from miike

Op managed to churn out a pretty offensive sentence. But got uno Reverse carded by miike and now lost his herc
    Love it
    What makes it funnier is that OP censored the profane words like it would have made a difference in the context of the message lmao
    Forums autocensors some words. If you look at the URL you'll see the title of the thread was definitely not censored by OP

Edit: didn't realize Miike changing the title of the post changes the URL 🤣
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,094 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Love it
    What makes it funnier is that OP censored the profane words like it would have made a difference in the context of the message lmao
    Forums autocensors some words. If you look at the URL you'll see the title of the thread was definitely not censored by OP

Edit: didn't realize Miike changing the title of the post changes the URL 🤣
    I thought it was funny that the op didn't even try to do a partial censor to still have most of the words show. They just went full out lol. And wow the URL really does change lmaoo, it is surprising that titles don't auto censor because the first word of the original was just full on out there lmao
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,462 ★★★★

What's worse than being banned? Having your 6 Star Ascended 5/65 Sig 200 Hercules removed from your account with nobody willing to give it back to you. But you won't have to worry about that until you get back in 30 days from that Ban you also got, missing the Holiday Events, Banquet, and Anniversary festivities. Have a nice day.

My goat
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    Wow. This punishment seems extreme. I dont think anyone should miss out on banquet, as christmas is the time to spread love. Without any context this seems pretty harsh to do to any player. Must have been a really bad post.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    ahmynuts said:

Wow. This punishment seems extreme. I dont think anyone should miss out on banquet, as christmas is the time to spread love. Without any context this seems pretty harsh to do to any player. Must have been a really bad post.

Miike spread the love to all of us instead of the one mean individual. Like santa giving the nice kids toys while the naughty ones get coal
    I get that but to hand pick their top champion they fully invested in, and exclude them from the most anticipated event of the year just sounds merciless. I get kabam are fed up with hate comments, but it seems like a hateful response as well. Kid you not this felt like a Homelander moment when i read it over.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,049 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Miike spread the love to all of us instead of the one mean individual. Like santa giving the nice kids toys while the naughty ones get coal
    I get that but to hand pick their top champion they fully invested in, and exclude them from the most anticipated event of the year just sounds merciless. I get kabam are fed up with hate comments, but it seems like a hateful response as well. Kid you not this felt like a Homelander moment when i read it over.
    Again, we do not have all the details of what happened here. I would not be surprised if there was much more than what was just in this thread.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

ahmynuts said:

Again, we do not have all the details of what happened here. I would not be surprised if there was much more than what was just in this thread.
    Thats what im hoping. Without the context it seems very extreme.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 794 ★★★
    When are we getting a Kabam miike sp like thano snap finger begone champ?
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

I mean, tbh in such situations, I'm usually with Kabam. But this is kind of a grey area as to what is power abuse. People cheat in this game, gets hundreds of free champs by exploiting bugs, unfairly and negatively impact other players by winning events that they cant win fairly, and kabam does nothing ; other than imposing a temporary ban without removal of such unfair gains. But hurting the staff's feelings on a forum post, which has no effect on the game, will immediately have you on a witch hunt which will selectively destroy your account?

Yea no, not my cup of tea.

Precisely how i saw it. I know a few dudes who got away with a few champs from the mythic crystals, including 7*s, people from mutant treasure island that got away with a bunch of awakening gems, and many cases of people being hateful towards the community. If Kabam Jax found this post first this player would have probably gotten off with a deletion of post and ban or suspension from forums. Tough luck to this dude.
  • Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 416 ★★

What's worse than being banned? Having your 6 Star Ascended 5/65 Sig 200 Hercules removed from your account with nobody willing to give it back to you. But you won't have to worry about that until you get back in 30 days from that Ban you also got, missing the Holiday Events, Banquet, and Anniversary festivities. Have a nice day.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    May be I can add 2 more stars for you reply @Kabam Miike cause it’s the 9th year celebration. Top Class :)
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,410 ★★★★★

I thought you guys can't discuss actions taken accounts on the forums? Hmmm
    Bro really said: 🤓
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,832 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    ahmynuts said:

I did not see the original post, so I can't honestly judge. Without context, I feel like it's a pretty extreme punishment for someone making a rage-filled post I can only assume was laden with profanity.

A forum ban is inarguably fitting as the post is on the forum. A game ban is also within reason depending on how bad the post itself was and if it was hateful/malicious rather than just anger driven. Especially if the poster has been warned/suspended previously - but removing a champion the person invested resources in because of a forum post? That's not a proportionate response.

As far as I know (and I could be mistaken) there are mercs and modders who haven't had that done to them.

Ultimately though, it's Kabam's game and we are all just guests playing with their allowance. So, handle your business as you see fit.

If u didnt see the post how can you say the punishment is extreme?...
    I saw the post, and as an official ambassador of shenanigans and tomfoolery i will say that if this was an isolated incident then while extremely funny, it might have been too far. But this was not OP's first rodeo doing stuff like this or cheating in game. They could/should have been permabanned but got this instead. Whether it's a light sentence or too much is really up to the individual. It is still extremely funny though (also important to keep in mind that we cannot know if the Herc was actually removed from the account and this was just a joke by Miike. We can only see the message and laugh here)
    I like the new approach of not shutting down every ban post.. give us some time to point and laugh. Also by leaving them open, we know some things are actually being done.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

I thought you guys can't discuss actions taken accounts on the forums? Hmmm
    I see no discussion about any disciplinary action taken on any specific game account anywhere in this thread.

Disciplinary action taken against forum accounts, on the other hand, has always been fair game.

There has been an increasing belief among some that if they have some problem or gripe, the forums are a consequences-free venue where they can behave in an otherwise unconscionable manner, because getting banned on the forums is no big deal. However, Kabam is free to take actions on the game accounts of players who take sufficiently egregious actions on the forums, a course of action I wholeheartedly endorse.
    I have no issue with Miike did but how can you seriously say disciplinary methods were not discussed? He stated the account was banned for 30 days and Hercules was removed as well. Those are pretty concrete statements.
    If you actually read my post, I did not say that no disciplinary actions were discussed. That happens all the time. What I said was, and you actually quoted it yourself, "I see no discussion about any disciplinary action taken on any specific game account anywhere in this thread." If you believe that statement to be false, name the game account mentioned in this specific thread whose disciplinary actions have been discussed.

People often say I use a lot of words, but that's because all of them matter. When you delete some of them, the meaning of the post changes completely.

And for the record, before I posted that post, I checked in-game to see if there actually was a K_S_S, and there wasn't one that search could find at that time. The player in question couldn't have renamed it, because, you know.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,142 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I did not see the original post, so I can't honestly judge. Without context, I feel like it's a pretty extreme punishment for someone making a rage-filled post I can only assume was laden with profanity.

A forum ban is inarguably fitting as the post is on the forum. A game ban is also within reason depending on how bad the post itself was and if it was hateful/malicious rather than just anger driven. Especially if the poster has been warned/suspended previously - but removing a champion the person invested resources in because of a forum post? That's not a proportionate response.

As far as I know (and I could be mistaken) there are mercs and modders who haven't had that done to them.

Ultimately though, it's Kabam's game and we are all just guests playing with their allowance. So, handle your business as you see fit.

If u didnt see the post how can you say the punishment is extreme?...
    I saw the post, and as an official ambassador of shenanigans and tomfoolery i will say that if this was an isolated incident then while extremely funny, it might have been too far. But this was not OP's first rodeo doing stuff like this or cheating in game. They could/should have been permabanned but got this instead. Whether it's a light sentence or too much is really up to the individual. It is still extremely funny though (also important to keep in mind that we cannot know if the Herc was actually removed from the account and this was just a joke by Miike. We can only see the message and laugh here)
    If he used any xenophobic slurs or simply used cuss words?
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    The original post was an inane stream of verbal diarrhoea. Not worthy of anything else except deletion, but it also seems that OP has a history of similar behaviour so too bad, so sad, bye Felicia etc. I love stories with a happy ending 😊
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,410 ★★★★★
    Did anyone take a screenshot of the thread before it was edited lol I'm genuinely curious now.
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★

I haven't seen a massive blow this immense since Frieza VS Goku and Vegeta during the Granola arc.

I'm loving this ngl LMAO.