**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

voting for the titan pool should be based on progression

startropicsstartropics Posts: 670 ★★★★
i don't like to exclude, especially since we're all basically the same except with different start dates, but voting for end-game crystals should be done by end-game players only, or else you end up with spot, shang chi, and colossus in the titan pool.

it just makes sense that a crystal that most players won't have access to for another 1-3+ years shouldn't be voted on by everybody.

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,360 ★★★★★

i don't like to exclude, especially since we're all basically the same except with different start dates, but voting for end-game crystals should be done by end-game players only, or else you end up with spot, shang chi, and colossus in the titan pool.

it just makes sense that a crystal that most players won't have access to for another 1-3+ years shouldn't be voted on by everybody.</blockquote

I didn’t know Kate was that’s god back then I voted for shang chi one because I knew he wasn’t bad if it wasn’t for nerco Kate wouldn’t had gotten that’s crazy love that’s she had for the mutants is most definitely because a undup omega isn’t fun to use but totalt understand your thoughts I only vote one skill because forgetting the votes was happening because of twitter

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,203 ★★★★★
    Also, kabam tried to be democratic once and y'all started to complain already
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,410 ★★★★★
    Voting ended in June and wasn’t even limited to people that play the game. Why bring this up?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,955 ★★★★★
    We'll see more and more of coldsnap immune nodes or energy resistance going on. Then shangchi will rise again
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

What's up with sudden shangchi slander, always thought he's banger of attacker with huge utilities.

He’s very far from bad, but when it comes to damage Kate is miles better.

Utilities are comparable, really depends whether one will be better than the other in a particular matchup.
  • Options

Also, kabam tried to be democratic once and y'all started to complain already

that's my point...some things shouldn't be an open vote.
  • Options

Voting ended in June and wasn’t even limited to people that play the game. Why bring this up?

for future purposes but also the consequences of that vote are starting to roll in. rip to all the colossus pullers.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★
    edited December 2023

for future purposes but also the consequences of that vote are starting to roll in. rip to all the colossus pullers.
    I don't understand how you think players who aren't "endgame" somehow make those choices? You think endgame players didn't vote for those?

Do you think that TB and below don't have access to all the champs in those pools? Your logic is weird and flawed.
    Thing is, most of them won’t have access to that pool. While I cant say for sure, I can speculate that the vast majority of players who were TB and lower at the time of the vote likely never opened/will never open a titan by the time the champs are rotated out. The players most affected by this pool should have really been the only ones allowed to vote for the resulting champions. It makes no difference to a person who doesn’t even see the crystal what champs are inside of it.

Again, I can only speculate, but I imagine the mutant vote would’ve panned out far differently had the paragons been the only ones allowed to vote. Its now the paragon+ players bearing the brunt of that decision not players further down in progression tiers. Had the vote turned out the same so be it. We made our decision and we have to live with it. However, knowing cavs, TBs, conquerors, etc all got to vote on that pool leaves a more than sour taste in my mouth knowing they arent going to be the ones dealing with the subpar pulls
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★

it just makes sense that a crystal that most players won't have access to for another 1-3+ years shouldn't be voted on by everybody.

That's a terrible idea. You're not a special snowflake because you cleared Necropolis, sorry. You and the noob rocking Act 2 have the same rights in this game and rightly so. And why you dissing Shang-chi?
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

Shang chi is definitely a insane champ and better attacker than kate in bgs
    Kate is definitely the most valued champ currently because she is the best option for the most rewarding game mode currently. But none of the players are aware about necropolis when titan poll was launched, that's the reason shang chi got voted.
    I believe in tech, omega sentinel and in science, obviously quicksilver over spot should've been voted
    But for mutant who do you want to see instead of colossus?

Kate > Shang for BGs. Don’t see Shang on any deck anymore lmao. He’s still great though, but Kate also hard counters maestro now so her value is more apparent. Don’t know why people are trying to insinuate that Kate wasn’t an excellent champ before Necro, she was just new to the game and people didn’t realize how good she was
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Shang chi is definitely a insane champ and better attacker than kate in bgs
    Kate is definitely the most valued champ currently because she is the best option for the most rewarding game mode currently. But none of the players are aware about necropolis when titan poll was launched, that's the reason shang chi got voted.
    I believe in tech, omega sentinel and in science, obviously quicksilver over spot should've been voted
    But for mutant who do you want to see instead of colossus?

Kate > Shang for BGs. Don’t see Shang on any deck anymore lmao. He’s still great though, but Kate also hard counters maestro now so her value is more apparent. Don’t know why people are trying to insinuate that Kate wasn’t an excellent champ before Necro, she was just new to the game and people didn’t realize how good she was
    I can say confidently that kate would not have won that poll at the time even if only paragon players voted. She was brand new and MSD was the only person who had showcased her even a small amount. Within my own alliance I sang her praises for weeks before anyone took it seriously posting gameplay, DPS calculations, etc. She was not taken to be the god she is now
  • Options

That's a terrible idea. You're not a special snowflake because you cleared Necropolis, sorry. You and the noob rocking Act 2 have the same rights in this game and rightly so. And why you dissing Shang-chi?
    Its not about being special- its acknowledging that players in act 2 are not affected by who is or is not in the titan pool because they will never have opened (or even approached opening) a titan by the time that all those champs have been rotated out. It therefore follows that it makes no sense to give them equal decision making power in that process.

Moreover, the earlier you are in the game, the less informed your view is on the matter, hence you’re not only not a stakeholder, but your opinion is likely to cause more damage than good as you select champions on name recognition or cosmetics instead of value to your roster as more late stage players would.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,968 ★★★★★

i love how you literally ignored the first part of the post.

act 2 players shouldn't have a say in something that won't affect them for another 2+ years. same reason that randos in a different alliance don't get a say in how you run yours or how people living in a different country don't get to vote in your elections.
    Not really comparable there with the politics thing. One country's voting absolutely can and often has affects on other countries.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

act 2 players shouldn't have a say in something that won't affect them for another 2+ years. same reason that randos in a different alliance don't get a say in how you run yours or how people living in a different country don't get to vote in your elections.
    Not really comparable there with the politics thing. One country's voting absolutely can and often has affects on other countries.
    That doesn’t break the analogy. The progress of players in other alliances does affect you because the game is full of competitive modes. Doesn't change the fact that they aren’t allowed to pick your war tactics for you
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Actually, thinking about it now, that distinction you drew is actually making the point presented even stronger. The argument was that people who aren’t going to be affected/have access to a system shouldn’t vote in it. You just pointed out that, irl, even if you make the argument that you are affected in nebulous ways, we still all seem to agree that you dont get to vote in systems you aren’t explicitly a part of. So, unless you think that people should be allowed to be voting in elections of countries they don’t belong to, its odd to bring this up as a counter to the point expressed here
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

And yet, the champs chosen for this vote for inclusion in the latest "featured" crystal were done so by a committee that were (wait for it)....

NOT END GAME PLAYERS

As the kids say (from 20 years ago) don't hate the players, hate the game
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,342 ★★★★★
    That's like saying the only people who should participate in the Federal Election are the 1%.
  • Options

That's like saying the only people who should participate in the Federal Election are the 1%.

Federal elections are open to everyone because everyone will be affected by laws at the federal level- hence everyone is a stakeholder in a federal election. A premium hero crystal is something that everyone should be able to vote on because everyone has access to them.

A local election only meaningfully affects the people in that county, hence we only allow people who are members of that county to vote on them. If you want a say in those elections you need to move there and become a stakeholder. A titan crystal is a reward that only late stage players open. Therefore it makes no sense for players who do not open that crystal and are hence not stakeholders to vote in that pool. You made a faulty comparison
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,342 ★★★★★

Federal elections are open to everyone because everyone will be affected by laws at the federal level- hence everyone is a stakeholder in a federal election. A premium hero crystal is something that everyone should be able to vote on because everyone has access to them.

A local election only meaningfully affects the people in that county, hence we only allow people who are members of that county to vote on them. If you want a say in those elections you need to move there and become a stakeholder. A titan crystal is a reward that only late stage players open. Therefore it makes no sense for players who do not open that crystal and are hence not stakeholders to vote in that pool. You made a faulty comparison
    No, I didn't. Players aren't static. They're capable of advancing. Not to mention the Shards will become more and more available in the future.
    Crystals aren't exclusive to anyone, really. A Player that is below Paragon can still amass Dups, and therefore Shards.
    All this is, is bitterness because the particular Champ people wanted wasn't voted in. If you want the ability to have a vote and a say, you need to be willing to accept when the majority vote isn't what you personally chose. That's a part of any election.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

No, I didn't. Players aren't static. They're capable of advancing. Not to mention the Shards will become more and more available in the future.
    Crystals aren't exclusive to anyone, really. A Player that is below Paragon can still amass Dups, and therefore Shards.
    All this is, is bitterness because the particular Champ people wanted wasn't voted in. If you want the ability to have a vote and a say, you need to be willing to accept when the majority vote isn't what you personally chose. That's a part of any election.
    Exactly, when you progress you get to be a part of the vote. The barrier isn’t indefinite just like, if you want to vote in someone else’s election, you can move there and then participate because then you are a stakeholder. When you said “this is like only letting the 1% vote you made a faulty comparison, because you compared a situation where everyone actually is affected by a decision and thus being gatekept unfairly to one where the players literally cannot amass the resources they need in time and are thus NOT affected by the decision which is akin to a local election. You dont get to say “Ill move there next year so my vote should start counting now!” Anymore than you dont get to start collecting valiant crystals today because youre gonna take up your second r3 next week.

This is compounded by the fact that the titan pool is rotating hence there is a degree of urgency added to the mix. If you have literally no means of reasonably attaining the crystal by the time the champions have come and gone, your whims should not be determining. It doesn’t matter if more shards are available in the future- those champs are only in the pool NOW. Only players in the late game are going to see them there hence why THEY should be deciding who is in it

I can’t believe you are seriously suggesting that players who have literally booted up the game for an hour should have equal input on a time gated pool for the rarest crystal in game as players who are ACTUALLY going to be opening it. I already said that if the paragon players voted this way then whatever- we have to live with our own choice. My suspicion was that the vote would’ve resulted in different outcomes given the obvious mountains of experience they have relative to new players. Regardless of that outcome, you still shouldnt be letting conquerers ever get to choose what goes into the rarest item in game. In fact, this argument is flexible. If the data was cracked and we saw that players who were TB at the time of the vote were opening a significant number of titans then of course, open it up to TBs too. My guess is that well under 1% of any player who was TB at that point opened a titan by today. Paragon at the time? Im guessing more like 80+. My mind can be changed quite easily if we see that those players are actually stakeholders but I dont think that they are
  • Options
    IsisixkswmrIsisixkswmr Posts: 237
    @PT_99 why are you in jail?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,955 ★★★★★

@PT_99 why are you in jail?

I'm under non-disclosure contract, can't discuss that, talk to my lawyer.