**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So we now know for sure that The Chronoserpant saga won't end in 8.4

Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,024 ★★★★
I mean it was obvious, but still...
Who would you like to see as future Corrupted champs bosses? Like Scytalis Bahamet Cerastes and Glykhan

Comments

• Options
    KingSkeletorKingSkeletor Posts: 112
    We don't know... Every corrupted boss from MROC (Marvel Realm Of Champions) has been used in act 8 (and Cerates has been added since he wasn't in a MROC cutscene). I think that we will fight the Chronoserpent in 9.4 for sure but I have no clue if 9.1,9.2 and 9.3 are gonna have corrupted bosses in it. Kabam may grant us more corrupted bosses in act 9 since they got a positive feedback from the community
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,816 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

ahmynuts said:

Corrupted Kang, Thanos, and Maestro might be cool in the run-up to 9.4 kinda like a callback to the first 3 acts

Edit: We've actually had many Kangs already so scrap that idea

A corrupted Kang, Thanos and Maestro would make no sense lore wise either way. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Best way I see this panning out is if the rest of the Avengers get corrupted, perhaps Captain America, Hawkeye, Thor or Scarlet Witch

I mean. It's a comic universe. They could say a magic jellybean got eaten by Deadpool and it altered the universe and people would still go for it lol.
    Still sounds more interesting than the MCU
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Corrupted Kang, Thanos, and Maestro might be cool in the run-up to 9.4 kinda like a callback to the first 3 acts

U know what could be cool tho, if In Act 7 Superior Kang would use his time travel technology to bring the young version of the one who once ruled the Battlerealm to become his ally, hench enter The overseer
    I think it could've been cool

I think it'll be heartbreaking if 9.3 boss will be Corrupted Aegon, Carina and us will manage to bring him back to his senses altough still in his Corrupted body, and then in 9.4 vs The Chronoserpant for a change we (The summoner) and Carina just wont be a match for The Chronoserpant and he will slowly corrupt and enslave the whole battlerealm, and somehow Aegon will understand the last resort is that he will have to use all his Corrupted power in a self destruction in order to defeat The Chronoserpant, idk, "I've used the stones to destroy the stones" kinda type of thing, and Carina will be like noooooooo Aegon I love yo...OK ok, noooooo Aegon I love you (as a good friend) and he will be like farewell Carina and will explode and actually defeat The Chronoserpant, but his ISO-8 belt will survive and Carina will wear it from then on

And so, summoners... another book of the Battlerealm comes to an end...
    Aegon, the winner of the first contest of champions, and the ender to it, has became now the winner of the last contest of champions, hero of the contest, he will always be remembered...

Ok guys I think I've overdid myself
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,784 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

U know what could be cool tho, if In Act 7 Superior Kang would use his time travel technology to bring the young version of the one who once ruled the Battlerealm to become his ally, hench enter The overseer

I think it'll be heartbreaking if 9.3 boss will be Corrupted Aegon, Carina and us will manage to bring him back to his senses altough still in his Corrupted body, and then in 9.4 vs The Chronoserpant for a change we (The summoner) and Carina just wont be a match for The Chronoserpant and he will slowly corrupt and enslave the whole battlerealm, and somehow Aegon will understand the last resort is that he will have to use all his Corrupted power in a self destruction in order to defeat The Chronoserpant, idk, "I've used the stones to destroy the stones" kinda type of thing, and Carina will be like noooooooo Aegon I love yo...OK ok, noooooo Aegon I love you (as a good friend) and he will be like farewell Carina and will explode and actually defeat The Chronoserpant, but his ISO-8 belt will survive and Carina will wear it from then on

Aegon, the winner of the first contest of champions, and the ender to it, has became now the winner of the last contest of champions, hero of the contest, he will always be remembered...

Bro, you spend way too much time on this stuff. It's not that deep or important. If you spend half as much time doing something productive instead of this you'd be incredibly rich and maybe even 100% with everything in game.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

ahmynuts said:

Bro, you spend way too much time on this stuff. It's not that deep or important. If you spend half as much time doing something productive instead of this you'd be incredibly rich and maybe even 100% with everything in game.
    As someone who genuinely does write seriously and not just make up bad concepts like the funny Deadpool one. I can tell you that that certainly did not take that long to think up. It is a logical and thematical conclusion to the story as it has been happening so far. I genuinely would not be surprised if Kabam has something like this planned already.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

ahmynuts said:

As someone who genuinely does write seriously and not just make up bad concepts like the funny Deadpool one. I can tell you that that certainly did not take that long to think up. It is a logical and thematical conclusion to the story as it has been happening so far. I genuinely would not be surprised if Kabam has something like this planned already.
    Yeah... I've originally just wrote The Overseer stuff then instantly thought about Aegon
    Buttehrs said:

ahmynuts said:

Yeah well wbu? You sound like someone who shouldn't waste time being here on the Forums nor play the game... go do something productive
    B, it's fun, this is something important
    C, I can both enjoy the game and do productive things, that's called life
    D, how much time do u think it took me to come up with thar stuff? 5 mins worst case scenario
    I'm not trying to dunk on you, I'm trying to back up but i don't know how well that came across lol
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    Imagine a corrupted Wolverine, Doctor Strange and Thor
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Buttehrs said:

ahmynuts said:

Yeah... I've originally just wrote The Overseer stuff then instantly thought about Aegon
    Buttehrs said:

ahmynuts said:

Yeah well wbu? You sound like someone who shouldn't waste time being here on the Forums nor play the game... go do something productive
    B, it's fun, this is something important
    C, I can both enjoy the game and do productive things, that's called life
    D, how much time do u think it took me to come up with thar stuff? 5 mins worst case scenario
    I'm not trying to dunk on you, I'm trying to back up but i don't know how well that came across lol
    Yeah I've noticed
  • Options

Imagine a corrupted Wolverine, Doctor Strange and Thor

Wolverine will be sick
  • Options
    KnordyKnordy Posts: 186 ★★

We don't know... Every corrupted boss from MROC (Marvel Realm Of Champions) has been used in act 8 (and Cerates has been added since he wasn't in a MROC cutscene). I think that we will fight the Chronoserpent in 9.4 for sure but I have no clue if 9.1,9.2 and 9.3 are gonna have corrupted bosses in it. Kabam may grant us more corrupted bosses in act 9 since they got a positive feedback from the community

Is the Galactus story arc concluded yet? There should be multiple Galactus variants in the Battlerealm, they should also be a Boss fight somehow. I think it's a missed opportunity that we have seen little to nothing of Galactus in the game (like cutscenes etc)
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 460 ★★★
    Knordy said:

Is the Galactus story arc concluded yet? There should be multiple Galactus variants in the Battlerealm, they should also be a Boss fight somehow. I think it's a missed opportunity that we have seen little to nothing of Galactus in the game (like cutscenes etc)
    Yes, it was concluded in the Photon/Vox EQ I believe. Reed plants the world seed in the remnants of Battleworld (the MROC setting) so the Galactuses have an infinite source of food.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

then all the corrupted become uncorrupted and we defeat the chaos serpent with love and friendship!

In all seriousness, I just hope they keep the corrupted bosses going, they're fun to fight and they look sick
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    I'd love to fight Corrupted young Avengers, Hulkling wiccan etc could make great corrupted enemies or even their fused versions like in act-7

Hulkling + Wiccan
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★

Unio77 said:

ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

ahmynuts said:

A corrupted Kang, Thanos and Maestro would make no sense lore wise either way. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Best way I see this panning out is if the rest of the Avengers get corrupted, perhaps Captain America, Hawkeye, Thor or Scarlet Witch

I mean. It's a comic universe. They could say a magic jellybean got eaten by Deadpool and it altered the universe and people would still go for it lol.
    Even if your joking I’m glad not just anyone writes these stories 😭

Knordy said:

This is my biggest gripe with the games story right now 😭
    There’s an infinite amount of Galactuses?…Galactii?…roaming the battlerealm and destroying locations like it’s nothing and yet we’re focusing on Kitty who wants to have a party. There’s a 100% chance Galactus will consume Krakoa anyways.

I always enjoy the game’s dialogue and monthly storylines but the team really needs to get their priorities straight

• Options
    @Unio77 reading can be difficult

Literally 3 messages above yours
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Why did this pop up on my notifications, no one tagged me and I didn't comment here or make this. All I saw was 22 notifications. Anyone know?
  • Options

Why did this pop up on my notifications, no one tagged me and I didn't comment here or make this. All I saw was 22 notifications. Anyone know?

Did you star the thread by accident? Pretty sure doing that gives you notifications for it.
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    We want corrupted Mike as final boss of 8.4!!
  • Options
    mmartin5817mmartin5817 Posts: 77
    edited December 2023
    I think a corrupted aegon would be interesting in act 9. I thought about a boss fight where aegon starts the fight with 999 combo meter and you have to fight him until he gets to 0. Every hit or attack he does reduces his combo meter even if he misses, kind of like a Benjamin button kind of fight. Once aegon hits 0 he dies. So it’s a survivability boss and like a Corvus mechanic you can’t kill him until it reaches 0 then. I think this would bring some skill to the fight because not only would it take endurance there are a lot of ways to evade or bait out attacks to reduce his combo meter that would allow you to use any number of champs. It would all be about surviving the fight Maybe to speed up the fight every 10% of health you take off his health his combo meter reduces by 100.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    @Pikolu I did, thx
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

@Unio77 reading can be difficult

Literally 3 messages above yours

Ah I see, I wasn’t playing the game during the time this EQ was released, I took a break 🤷🏽‍♂️
    Fortunately I read a lot @Pikolu I just missed a comment, calm down

• Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 298
    While it's interesting how the story continues, to be totally honest the actual fight desing is more important to me, like the last couple of bosses were well designed and skill based, so looking forward to it.
    Also the corrupted Punisher sounds cool, maybe a hint for the return of the main man Jon Bernthal as Frank
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 682 ★★★
    It be fun if the boss for 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, would be Corrupted Groot, Iron Patriot and Cyclop.

Make them painly hard, as revenge for being the laughing stock all of these years :D:D:D