**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance banquet rewards

I joined my new alliance dec 6th at 7:10pm cst. This afternoon opened roughly 20 greater banquet crystals but I earned 0 points nor did my alliance what am I missing???? Really sucks because I'm now out of units and my alliance has met all the milestones

Comments

• Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,314 ★★★★
    I believe you need to be with the alliance for 14days before any Greater Banquet Crystal points you open is contributed to alliance Banquet points.. there should be a counter telling you when the 14days are up.. (another post says there ought to be a counter counting down till when you are good to go).

If my calculations are correct based on the Dec 6 2023 (join alliance date), you should have held off opening GBC until Dec 22 or Dec 23 (depending when Kabam officially recognized that you joined this alliance).

Sadly any GBC that you open before you pass 14 days will not count towards Alliance GBC points.. so I guess if you can contribute some points you could possibly get something.
  • Options
    Gooseman627Gooseman627 Posts: 38
    Same issue here, I sent a post just now in the hopes of getting attention of the higher ups for a potential fix, but for now all I’ve got is copium
  • Options
    Captsa, you needed to wait an additional 1 hr 27 minutes, before buying and/or opening your crystals for them to count towards Ally Event (according to when you took that screencap).

Crystals done before that did NOT count towards Ally Event.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    When they contribute after the countdown runs down, will they be able to collect the milestone rewards that the alliance has achieved before that?
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★

When they contribute after the countdown runs down, will they be able to collect the milestone rewards that the alliance has achieved before that?

yy
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    You can clearly see the timer right?

Sucks, but if you would have waited as the timer suggested it would have been fine
  • Options
    Omedenn said:

Sucks, but if you would have waited as the timer suggested it would have been fine

Yeah, but in all honesty: The timer doesn’t say that you cannot earn points for your alliance until the timer expires.

I know that they have said so in the live stream and forums, but not everybody follows that closely…
  • Options
    MiniMF said:

yy
    Thanks!
  • Options
    EscornaboiEscornaboi Posts: 2,448 ★★★

The explanation, @Captsa_29 .

@psp742 That looks like a countdown, doesn't it?
  • Options
    XtranceXtrance Posts: 20

Omedenn said:

Yeah, but in all honesty: The timer doesn’t say that you cannot earn points for your alliance until the timer expires.

I know that they have said so in the live stream and forums, but not everybody follows that closely…
    The same issue. The timer doesn't specify that if you open the crystals earlier, the points won't be counted. Either this is a bug, or it should have been explained more clearly.
  • Options
    Xtrance said:

Omedenn said:

The same issue. The timer doesn't specify that if you open the crystals earlier, the points won't be counted. Either this is a bug, or it should have been explained more clearly.
    It has been that way for years. If it wasn't, then botters could cycle 100s of accounts through the alliance getting a ton of points and making it unfair for the alliance ranked rewards.
  • Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Captsa_29 said:

I joined my new alliance dec 6th at 7:10pm cst. This afternoon opened roughly 20 greater banquet crystals but I earned 0 points nor did my alliance what am I missing???? Really sucks because I'm now out of units and my alliance has met all the milestones

You had to wait till 7:10pm CST to open the crystals, which you did not but decided to open them before 7.10pm.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

It has been that way for years. If it wasn't, then botters could cycle 100s of accounts through the alliance getting a ton of points and making it unfair for the alliance ranked rewards.

What's stopping bots from joining the alliance now, waiting for N days, and then opening the crystals? They will still be counted in the alliance event. It seems illogical right now because you could have just waited for only 1 day and the points would have contributed to the alliance event.
  • Options
    Xtrance said:

Pikolu said:

What's stopping bots from joining the alliance now, waiting for N days, and then opening the crystals? They will still be counted in the alliance event. It seems illogical right now because you could have just waited for only 1 day and the points would have contributed to the alliance event.
    Nope. You need to be in an alliance for 14 days before any points will count.
    And the event only runs for 14 days.
    So anyone joining right now (even though still within the first day of the event) will NOT be able to reach the 14 day lockout time before the event itself will end.

That's why they don’t just lock out the milestones but still count the points, because then Ally's would cycle in/out hundreds of “dummy” accounts, going toward the Ally's overall points. So this way the points don’t count either.

The pics above that were showing people still needing just an hour or 2 more were from people who joined Ally 13+ days ago, and just needed to wait a little bit more until they reached the 14 day mark.

Nobody can change now and do any Ally points for a new Ally (and thus won’t qualify for any new Ally's milestones or ranks because they can’t put in any points).
  • Options

Xtrance said:

Pikolu said:

Nope. You need to be in an alliance for 14 days before any points will count.
    And the event only runs for 14 days.
    So anyone joining right now (even though still within the first day of the event) will NOT be able to reach the 14 day lockout time before the event itself will end.

That's why they don’t just lock out the milestones but still count the points, because then Ally's would cycle in/out hundreds of “dummy” accounts, going toward the Ally's overall points. So this way the points don’t count either.

The pics above that were showing people still needing just an hour or 2 more were from people who joined Ally 13+ days ago, and just needed to wait a little bit more until they reached the 14 day mark.

Nobody can change now and do any Ally points for a new Ally (and thus won’t qualify for any new Ally's milestones or ranks because they can’t put in any points).
    Even if that's the case, there should have been a notification next to the timer indicating that if you open crystals now, the points won't be counted in the alliance.
  • Options

Omedenn said:

I completely agree with you. It wasn't difficult for me to wait for 17 hours, but due to a misunderstanding, I now miss out on the rewards.
  • Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 266
    edited December 2023
    Wait wrong thread
  • Options
    EscornaboiEscornaboi Posts: 2,448 ★★★
    @Xtrance I do not speak English. And even then I know the message says, "you will qualify for milestone rewards in X hours." That is, as long as those hours do not pass, you will not qualify. WILL-QUA-LI-FY, verb different from OB-TAI-NING rewards.

What more message would you need? I think it is very clear. And if in doubt about the meaning, you could have asked. Well, now you know. Surely in December 2024 you will not make the same mistake.
  • Options

@Xtrance I do not speak English. And even then I know the message says, "you will qualify for milestone rewards in X hours." That is, as long as those hours do not pass, you will not qualify. WILL-QUA-LI-FY, verb different from OB-TAI-NING rewards.

What more message would you need? I think it is very clear. And if in doubt about the meaning, you could have asked. Well, now you know. Surely in December 2024 you will not make the same mistake.

In my gaming language, this is understood differently. What difference does it make whether I spent resources before or after the timer? Especially since I plan to stay in the alliance until the end. Why can't I get the rewards... it's absurdity.