What are you expecting for holiday gift?

Comments

• ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 935 ★★★★
    A 7* Nexus crystal, the 6* Herc I've been chasing since launch or a scrapping of DDHK's Regen Rate penalty would be nice.

But joking aside / being honest, we'll see. I already pulled a Photon and Jessica Jones as a result of GBCs so I can't be too greedy.
  • KontestmanKontestman Member Posts: 276 ★★
    edited December 2023
    Gold amount 1 *Optional* plus -1000 units -100,000,000 million gold our gift is the gift of giving
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    2 energy refills
  • TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Member Posts: 126 ★★★
    Polygon said:

It will be broken for Valiant and either mediocre or meh for Paragon. If i was to take a stab maybe a Titan crystal for Valiant and 7* crystal for Paragon.

Problem for paragons is the giant gap between them. You have people that just became paragon and then you have people with a rank 3 7* like myself. It's inevitably going to be a disappointment for the upper end paragons
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,689 ★★★★★
    I expect nothing, yet I'll still be disappointed.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,714 ★★★★★
    Tier 1 iso brick
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,486 ★★★★★
    I'm not expecting anything. That's the secret to appreciation.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,340 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

It will be broken for Valiant and either mediocre or meh for Paragon. If i was to take a stab maybe a Titan crystal for Valiant and 7* crystal for Paragon.

Problem for paragons is the giant gap between them. You have people that just became paragon and then you have people with a rank 3 7* like myself. It's inevitably going to be a disappointment for the upper end paragons
    I should’ve been more specific and said for the paragon that are just tip toeing around valiant. With such short time between the release of the title, it really would feel bad to have a significant difference in rewards. Dr Zola had a good point that because of necro/crypt having the bulk of the rewards that they probably wouldn’t screw over those top end paragons like that
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    I would take 10k titan shards as a valiant and while the thread is ironic mostly, I’m sure valiants will get something nice
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    This is not what I expect, but rather this is what the Christmas gift should be, considering the current state of the game (7*r3s):
    Paragon 6* 4-5 generic gem or 7* 1-2 random crystal
    Valiant 7* 1-2 generic gem
    But with the recent Kabam approach to events and rewards (CW/Banquet), the most realistic scenario is to get some 7* shards 🙂
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    5* awakening gem
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,172 ★★★★★
    NextWeek said:

i want exactly 37 units. no more, no less.

37?! In a row?!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    DrZola said:

Polygon said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

I suppose it depends to some extent on how much the team wants to stress the “explore Necro you scrub” message to long-time Paragons.

Dr. Zola
    You make a great point, I am actually curious now because it did feel like the new progression title was a bit rushed and only a little over a month to explore Necro (for those not whaling on cyber) seems realistic to have Paragon and Valiant have a similar level of reward
    I think the thing that surprised me most wasn’t the lack of T4a or R3 materials available, but the lack of other items from Necro in the year end celebration haul—namely, 4-5 gems, dust, 7* shards or crystals, etc. The former (mainly Valiant title stuff) I expected, the latter was a surprise to me and others apparently.

In that vein, then, I’m not optimistic any of the kinds of items earnable in Necro will be part of the gift to non-Valiant players.

Dr. Zola
    My recollection is that last year Paragons got an Abyss Nexus and some sig stones, and the year before the TB gift was a 6* Nexus crystal (TB being the highest progression tier at the time). The pattern seems to be champion acquisition rewards, not rank up materials. So I don't expect rank up materials in either the Paragon or Valiant xmas gift, whether in Necropolis rewards or not. I'm thinking more along the lines of 6* Nexus or Selector crystals for Paragon (maybe with more sig stones), and 7* stuff for Valiant: Basic or Titan shards or crystals, or maybe on the high end something like the 7* launch selector.

These free gift things tend to be champions and not rank up related, I suspect for a number of reasons, mostly having to do with what I often call "wider not taller." More champs is what you do to strengthen your status within a tier, while rank ups is what you do to progress upward towards the next tier. This is of course a massive oversimplification, but rewards are often designed with this kind of generalization.

Think about last year's gift for Paragons: Nexus and sig stones. Why sig stones and not rank up materials? A Nexus does one of two things. It can award you a new champ if you don't already have it. Or, it can add sig levels to an existing champ if you duplicate one. The Nexus is new champ or sig levels. The sig stones are more sig levels. They are kind of both in the same category of reward. Sig stones are in a sense targeted dups.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    200 T2 ancesion dust, I just love em
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

I suppose it depends to some extent on how much the team wants to stress the “explore Necro you scrub” message to long-time Paragons.

Dr. Zola
    You make a great point, I am actually curious now because it did feel like the new progression title was a bit rushed and only a little over a month to explore Necro (for those not whaling on cyber) seems realistic to have Paragon and Valiant have a similar level of reward
    I think the thing that surprised me most wasn’t the lack of T4a or R3 materials available, but the lack of other items from Necro in the year end celebration haul—namely, 4-5 gems, dust, 7* shards or crystals, etc. The former (mainly Valiant title stuff) I expected, the latter was a surprise to me and others apparently.

In that vein, then, I’m not optimistic any of the kinds of items earnable in Necro will be part of the gift to non-Valiant players.

Dr. Zola
    My recollection is that last year Paragons got an Abyss Nexus and some sig stones, and the year before the TB gift was a 6* Nexus crystal (TB being the highest progression tier at the time). The pattern seems to be champion acquisition rewards, not rank up materials. So I don't expect rank up materials in either the Paragon or Valiant xmas gift, whether in Necropolis rewards or not. I'm thinking more along the lines of 6* Nexus or Selector crystals for Paragon (maybe with more sig stones), and 7* stuff for Valiant: Basic or Titan shards or crystals, or maybe on the high end something like the 7* launch selector.

These free gift things tend to be champions and not rank up related, I suspect for a number of reasons, mostly having to do with what I often call "wider not taller." More champs is what you do to strengthen your status within a tier, while rank ups is what you do to progress upward towards the next tier. This is of course a massive oversimplification, but rewards are often designed with this kind of generalization.

Think about last year's gift for Paragons: Nexus and sig stones. Why sig stones and not rank up materials? A Nexus does one of two things. It can award you a new champ if you don't already have it. Or, it can add sig levels to an existing champ if you duplicate one. The Nexus is new champ or sig levels. The sig stones are more sig levels. They are kind of both in the same category of reward. Sig stones are in a sense targeted dups.
    I hope they just give Valiants titan shards since there’s been a distinct lack of them outside of payed options and necro. That’s basically the best crystal in the game atm. They could also give us another 7 star gifting guardian crystal since the champions inside offer less value than the Titan champions
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

I hope they just give Valiants titan shards since there’s been a distinct lack of them outside of payed options and necro. That’s basically the best crystal in the game atm. They could also give us another 7 star gifting guardian crystal since the champions inside offer less value than the Titan champions
    The only reason I wouldn’t exactly see the Gifted Guardians crystal being in there is that it is exclusive to this event. If you really want another and already got your solo milestone and/or alliance milestone one, they want you buying those crystals for a chance at one.

The most logical item would be a 7* basic or Titan crystal (launch selector seems a bit too generous, albeit would be awesome), or a 4-5 gem or 1-2 gem. Something that is instant gratification/can be used. Sure you could give 10k Titan shards, but for some, that might not be enough to form another crystal right off the bat. I could be stretching here, but every past gift has been something that can be utilized as soon as you get it.
  • Mikes_momMikes_mom Member Posts: 136
    Nexus 1-Star Hero Crystal.
  • MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Member Posts: 185 ★★
    edited December 2023
    The are giving a Klintar Katalist for valiants and a 1 star awakening gem for paragon and below! So fire
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    A Lexus.
  • TherunekingTheruneking Member Posts: 204 ★★
    ahmynuts said:

No one has thrown out an absolutely insane idea for fun yet so I'll toss one out.

Kabam is adding Santa to the game, and he will be the Christmas gift. The rarity you get him at will be dependent on your progression level.

(You saw this and did that little head nod and went "Oh?" and then followed it up by shaking your head no I'm calling it)

We will get 1 star Santa like 1 star Steve, will have Santa catalyst to rank him up. Every dec Santa catalyst and Santa will be available.
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    Gimme a 7 star selector
  • Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Member Posts: 261 ★★
    Paragon. Definitely getting a 3* trophy champ selector
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    AW off-season extension 🤣
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

On the narrow topic of what to expect for a *gift* I agree.

But I’m talking more about the year-end events taken as a whole. Most rational objectors would have understood the lack of 2-3 materials, T4a, and anything that pushed players to Valiant. The team made that clear.

But the absence of other items relevant to near Valiant or advanced Paragon players is what surprised and disappointed me.

For example: I can understand Banquet doesn’t award Valiant on a platter because that’s what Necro + whaling out on BF/CM is for. But a 4-5 gem? Or dust? Or some 7* shards?

All of those are Necro prizes, sure, but they aren’t super rare, first-time-in-game things like a 7* 2-3 gem. They are valuable to Paragons and would be seen as useful items even though they likely won’t boost progression. Excluding those types of items seems unnecessarily shortsighted—it’s hard to understand how the team wouldn’t expect frustration and disappointment.

Back to the gift, and assuming its champion acquisition materials—if it’s 6* shards or a Nexus or even a 6* champ selector for Paragons, I would expect that to be poorly received. I would anticipate a similar reaction if it’s relic-only (which I don’t expect).

Where the team could thread the needle is a prize selector—whether intentionally or not, the team has allowed a significant divergence among early to late Paragon accounts. Many late Paragons are simply finishing Necro or waiting to form a final T4a, so a Nexus 6* would likely be only slightly more useful than another 6* AG. At the same time, there are probably plenty of early Paragons who ware crossing fingers for a 6* Aegon, Shuri or some other much needed champ. Logging in a selector that allows Paragons to pick 1-2 options among a menu of gifts seems logical.

Do I think the team will do that? No I don’t. I think it will be along the lines of what you suggested—more 6* acquisition materials, which will get panned.

Dr. Zola
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,549 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

But I’m talking more about the year-end events taken as a whole. Most rational objectors would have understood the lack of 2-3 materials, T4a, and anything that pushed players to Valiant. The team made that clear.

But the absence of other items relevant to near Valiant or advanced Paragon players is what surprised and disappointed me.

For example: I can understand Banquet doesn’t award Valiant on a platter because that’s what Necro + whaling out on BF/CM is for. But a 4-5 gem? Or dust? Or some 7* shards?

All of those are Necro prizes, sure, but they aren’t super rare, first-time-in-game things like a 7* 2-3 gem. They are valuable to Paragons and would be seen as useful items even though they likely won’t boost progression. Excluding those types of items seems unnecessarily shortsighted—it’s hard to understand how the team wouldn’t expect frustration and disappointment.

Back to the gift, and assuming its champion acquisition materials—if it’s 6* shards or a Nexus or even a 6* champ selector for Paragons, I would expect that to be poorly received. I would anticipate a similar reaction if it’s relic-only (which I don’t expect).

Where the team could thread the needle is a prize selector—whether intentionally or not, the team has allowed a significant divergence among early to late Paragon accounts. Many late Paragons are simply finishing Necro or waiting to form a final T4a, so a Nexus 6* would likely be only slightly more useful than another 6* AG. At the same time, there are probably plenty of early Paragons who ware crossing fingers for a 6* Aegon, Shuri or some other much needed champ. Logging in a selector that allows Paragons to pick 1-2 options among a menu of gifts seems logical.

Do I think the team will do that? No I don’t. I think it will be along the lines of what you suggested—more 6* acquisition materials, which will get panned.

Dr. Zola
    I would mind a package that has champ+relic+catalyst/gem. Why not all 3? I even have it mapped out in my head.
    Valiant: Titan crystal, 7*1-2 gem and 6* relic.
    Paragon: 7* crystal, 6* 4-5 gem And a 5* relic.
    Thronebreaker: 6* crystal, 6* 3-4 gem and a 4* relic.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Last year a Thronebreaker got to pick a 6* nexus or 20 x 6* sig stones…so calm down…its a gift, be happy 🎄🫶🎅🏼

New account > Cavailer: 6*.
    Thronebreaker: 6* nexus.
    Paragons: 7*
    Valiant: Pick 7* nexus or 20 x 7* sig stones.
  • TherunekingTheruneking Member Posts: 204 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

DrZola said:

Polygon said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    I would mind a package that has champ+relic+catalyst/gem. Why not all 3? I even have it mapped out in my head.
    Valiant: Titan crystal, 7*1-2 gem and 6* relic.
    Paragon: 7* crystal, 6* 4-5 gem And a 5* relic.
    Thronebreaker: 6* crystal, 6* 3-4 gem and a 4* relic.
    Looks good for 2026.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    50 energy refils and 269 units