**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will i get banned if my friend explore necro for me ?

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Troll
  • Options
    Ghost_DriverGhost_Driver Posts: 82
    Ok hypothetical is it breaking TOS to like meet up irl with someone and have them play the game for you? You're not account sharing technically
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    If it's like he is sitting besides you then he can, mcoc doesn't have face detection to call it a cheat. I have an idea, call him to your house, hand him your phone and cheer him on while he does it, then throw a house party.

This won't involve any bad practices.

If FinTech was my neighbour, i would have called him over. Sadly no one near me plays better than me.

• Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 207 ★★
    No. You won't get banned for that.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★

i like that you are outing yourself , but sorry bud , this is kabam
  • Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 163
    Bawa said:

I have two accounts who knows which acc im about to talk

Ummm kabam knows what accounts you have lmao. They can see what this account logs into and where even and can link it to your second account or 5th account. Idiot
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Trunko said:

This has got to be up there as one of the most idiotic post ever…

This is epic.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    You said your friend played for you but you keep bringing up other accounts hire Merc and didn't get banned. Does your friend accept Paypal or a credit card. Seems suspicious that you main point is about using Mercs and not getting ban. Either way it's a against TOS. Maybe if you give the account to your "so call friend", the sccount won't get banned since he was clearing Necropolis for you. Like it's a Christmas present to give one of your accounts to your friend. Since it's in the spirit of Christmas, Kabam might spare the account or not.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Bawa said:

Lol my friend played on my device

Whether or not it is against the TOS I don't see how you can get in trouble if your friend played on your device. There would be no way to prove it. Even with your forum post, you could be trolling.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    To those saying it's undetectable if you just hand your device to someone and let them play (and you do not then announce you did it on the forums), Kabam has said they can detect people playing poorly on purpose in BGs. You really think they can't detect some random mid player suddenly playing with much greater skill in some of the hardest content in the game? Especially content they are looking at very closely to find cheaters?
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★

Bawa said:

Lol my friend played on my device

Whether or not it is against the TOS I don't see how you can get in trouble if your friend played on your device. There would be no way to prove it. Even with your forum post, you could be trolling.
    He literally just told us.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

o

Wubbie075 said:

To those saying it's undetectable if you just hand your device to someone and let them play (and you do not then announce you did it on the forums), Kabam has said they can detect people playing poorly on purpose in BGs. You really think they can't detect some random mid player suddenly playing with much greater skill in some of the hardest content in the game? Especially content they are looking at very closely to find cheaters?

Yes, i do think they can’t. Banning people off of probability and no evidence is completely unjustified and will harm more innocent players than not.
    The evidence is in the data. Plus I'm pretty sure a confessional is not unjustified probability. lol
  • Options
    Although this is so brazen I'm not sure if this is a troll Post or not.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

o

Wubbie075 said:

Yes, i do think they can’t. Banning people off of probability and no evidence is completely unjustified and will harm more innocent players than not.
    The evidence is in the data. Plus I'm pretty sure a confessional is not unjustified probability. lol
    Im responding to something else entirely, OP mentioned they can detect a shift from when a player is performing poorly to doing well and act on that. Concluding that the player cant improve in that short a time and are using some sort of cheat or merc on their device would indefinitely get many innocent players screwed over.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 575 ★★★
    You just admitted that You got a physical merc? That's new lol
  • Options

Ok hypothetical is it breaking TOS to like meet up irl with someone and have them play the game for you? You're not account sharing technically

Yes. This is both account sharing (when someone else accesses your account by any means) and more specifically piloting (where someone else plays the game for you). Both are prohibited under the Terms of Service of the game and can result in suspension or termination of your account.

Now, there's people who say that Kabam can't detect this. But that's besides the point. Murder is illegal whether you are caught or not. Is it still illegal if you destroy the body and leave no evidence behind? Yes, it is still illegal.

There's the separate issue of people known, or at least presumed to have cheated still playing. That's because Kabam doesn't catch everyone. The fact that they didn't catch one cheater does not give you the right to cheat, or is it a defense of cheating. They ban who they catch, and some people take longer to catch than others. Some idiots have literally posted on the forums that they have never been caught and then were promptly banned, because they called attention to themselves.

The bottom line is cheating is prohibited no matter what anyone else says, no matter what anyone else does, and no matter what anyone else might get away with. If you cheat you risk getting banned if you are caught. You might not get caught, some criminals aren't caught and punished for their crimes, but you are still taking your own chances when you do. And if you cheat and get caught, no one will mourn your ban.

Now, is it actually impossible to detect the above action? In isolation, probably. But cheating almost never happens in isolation, and one thing that tends to eventually trip up cheaters is that they think something is undetectable, and then something else is, and then another thing is, and they don't realize they are creating a pattern of otherwise difficult to detect behaviors that themselves are detectable. All it takes is one mistake. As someone who has performed forensic investigations, sometimes it is not the crime, it is the cover up that gets detected and leads to the perpetrator. And sometimes it is the fact that the perpetrator thinks they are invincible that causes them to go to the well too many times.

Maybe you go to your friend's house and let him play your account on your phone and complete Necropolis. And then your friend lets another friend do that, and another, and another. The devs might start to get suspicious about all those Necropolis completions happening all at one place by people who otherwise have difficulty completing monthly EQ without Hercules tripping over his own shoelaces. They might start to wonder how all those players who play completely differently normally all just happen to take the same paths in Necropolis with the same teams and take about the same amount of revives playing exactly the same way. I'm not saying that will happen, but I am saying that thinking cheating is okay because it is "impossible" to detect is how a lot of people get caught cheating.

Bottom line, don't cheat. Don't look for loopholes to cheat. If you think "technically this isn't cheating" then it is probably cheating, and if you're caught you will likely get banned and your technicality defense will not be accepted by Kabam, nor will the player community in general look kindly upon that defense either.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 check PM
  • Options

o

Wubbie075 said:

They put you in prison for less than that.

There's no such thing as absolute certainty anywhere. The standard in the United States for criminal trials is proof beyond reasonable doubt. They explicitly instruct jurors that beyond reasonable doubt does not mean no doubt at all, or absolute proof. It means you have no reasonable reason to doubt the guilt of the defendant. Which means there is a probability, however small, you might be wrong.

Whether behavioral analysis is a sufficiently strong indicator of cheating is a separate issue. The issue is not whether it is or it isn't. What matters is that Kabam itself is the sole arbiter of whether it is or isn't, and generally speaking there are other pieces of evidence that go into a ban than just simple indicators.

It is never a good idea to decide that you can do something because in your opinion it would be unjustified for anyone to suspect you or assert you did cheat. A lot of people cheat for precisely that reason: they believe that what they are doing can't be "proven" to be cheating, so it would be unfair to accuse them of cheating, so it would also be entirely fair if they claimed they were not cheating. Because it is just their word against the game operator.

This is why I do not discuss cheat detection methodology specifics anymore, and haven't for a very long time. The fact that this is one of the dominant cheating psychologies means the more in the dark they are about the precise ways they are being caught, the more likely they are to be sloppy and do something dumb.

Which is to say, I don't discuss them in public anymore. I discuss them with the developers all the time.
  • Options

o

Wubbie075 said:

Im responding to something else entirely, OP mentioned they can detect a shift from when a player is performing poorly to doing well and act on that. Concluding that the player cant improve in that short a time and are using some sort of cheat or merc on their device would indefinitely get many innocent players screwed over.
    I know what you were responding to. I responded in kind. It's in the data. If a mediocre Player hops into Necro, and plays in that specific content with near-perfect precision, that's detectable and very different than they perform in other areas of the game. We're not playing in total isolation. It's all in the data.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    Even when it’s a joke post.

Imagine you want to make a funny post but then kabam investigates and finds some stuff. Because when you search long enough, there’s probably always something suspicious.

Brave
  • Options

Even when it’s a joke post.

Imagine you want to make a funny post but then kabam investigates and finds some stuff. Because when you search long enough, there’s probably always something suspicious.

Brave

Imagine if Miike wanted to give Jax an early Christmas present and gave this guy's herc to Jax 🤣
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

o

Wubbie075 said:

There's no such thing as absolute certainty anywhere. The standard in the United States for criminal trials is proof beyond reasonable doubt. They explicitly instruct jurors that beyond reasonable doubt does not mean no doubt at all, or absolute proof. It means you have no reasonable reason to doubt the guilt of the defendant. Which means there is a probability, however small, you might be wrong.

Whether behavioral analysis is a sufficiently strong indicator of cheating is a separate issue. The issue is not whether it is or it isn't. What matters is that Kabam itself is the sole arbiter of whether it is or isn't, and generally speaking there are other pieces of evidence that go into a ban than just simple indicators.

It is never a good idea to decide that you can do something because in your opinion it would be unjustified for anyone to suspect you or assert you did cheat. A lot of people cheat for precisely that reason: they believe that what they are doing can't be "proven" to be cheating, so it would be unfair to accuse them of cheating, so it would also be entirely fair if they claimed they were not cheating. Because it is just their word against the game operator.

This is why I do not discuss cheat detection methodology specifics anymore, and haven't for a very long time. The fact that this is one of the dominant cheating psychologies means the more in the dark they are about the precise ways they are being caught, the more likely they are to be sloppy and do something dumb.

Which is to say, I don't discuss them in public anymore. I discuss them with the developers all the time.
    Sounds similar to what I deal with at my company. I work at an online retailer and we use a 3rd party system that analyzes customer spending habits and if something seems off it flags the order. We notify the customer we need to verbally speak with them and verify the order, billing and shipping information etc. A lot of times it may not be fraud, but the system cross checks billing information the customer puts in versus what’s actually on file with the bank. I’m not allowed to disclose the why behind the order being flagged, because if it truly is a fraudulent purchase I’m aiding a fraudster in how to circumvent the system. Even if it’s a legitimate purchase I can only tell them their information doesn’t match what the bank has.
  • Options
    Ghost_DriverGhost_Driver Posts: 82
    DNA3000 said:

o

Wubbie075 said:

Ah I see thanks for the clarification
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,316 ★★★★★
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm wheezing this has got to be the thread of the year, absolutely hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.