Thoughts on Korg in 2023

HulkbusternoHulkbusterno Member Posts: 49
I have opened my first ever seven-star and got... him. Is he good? I've never played him

Thoughts on Korg in 2023 36 votes

Good in most scenarios
2%
Jack2634 1 vote
Good in some scenarios
19%
TerraEwell65SSS69Crow9074EdisonLawDragonmatrixXSHARWINJhankarbeats 7 votes
Has certain use cases
2%
MiniMF 1 vote
Would only ever use on defence
69%
NesciosimolazCx8Justcause102IvarTheBonelessKlyph_1NanosamaReignkingTWErcarreto_oDoctor_Strange19Ben_15455CaptainDenversKhellendros138ahmynutsElwindAshacekarLBN1Hjkl25MasterA 25 votes
Would never use
5%
ninosmcocnoob12345 2 votes

Comments

• Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 913 ★★★
    Good in most scenarios
    nothing more than a beefy brick tank in Bg and AW defense . Surely with synergies he dishes out okay damage in questing and stuffs , but that damage is still far less than nowadays champions.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    After my first Necropolis run, I discovered that I had a bunch of team revives that were close to expiring. I had completely forgotten about them during Necropolis since I only used single-champ revives on Aegon, but I had quite the stash and with no means to do a second Necropolis run in the near future, they were going to go to waste.

Not on my watch! So I decided to do some of the Carina's Challenges that I had been putting off until now. One of them being the one where you have to beat 6.4.6 with Korg and Ghulk and Thor Ragnarok. Out of them, I've only ever ranked up Korg since I use him as a defender in BG (where he's really solid). But I figured, hey, that content wasn't built with 6r4s in mind. I'm sure he'll crush it despite not being a strong champion in more rank-appropriate content.

Oh. My. God. I was so, so wrong. It was the most excruciating CC I've ever done. He's so gosh-darn terrible, it's insane. Same goes for Ghulk, for that matter. I hated that entire challenge and was lucky that I had a ton of team revives to burn through, because they were all terrible and died like flies.

I had a similar experience in BG one time. I don't remember how but I somehow ended up with Korg on attack. I honestly couldn't put a dent into my opponent no matter how hard I tried. It wasn't some crazy opponent that was hard to fight, Korg just suuuuuuucks.

But he is an amazing defender.
  • HulkbusternoHulkbusterno Member Posts: 49
    Ercarret said:

After my first Necropolis run, I discovered that I had a bunch of team revives that were close to expiring. I had completely forgotten about them during Necropolis since I only used single-champ revives on Aegon, but I had quite the stash and with no means to do a second Necropolis run in the near future, they were going to go to waste.

Not on my watch! So I decided to do some of the Carina's Challenges that I had been putting off until now. One of them being the one where you have to beat 6.4.6 with Korg and Ghulk and Thor Ragnarok. Out of them, I've only ever ranked up Korg since I use him as a defender in BG (where he's really solid). But I figured, hey, that content wasn't built with 6r4s in mind. I'm sure he'll crush it despite not being a strong champion in more rank-appropriate content.

Oh. My. God. I was so, so wrong. It was the most excruciating CC I've ever done. He's so gosh-darn terrible, it's insane. Same goes for Ghulk, for that matter. I hated that entire challenge and was lucky that I had a ton of team revives to burn through, because they were all terrible and died like flies.

I had a similar experience in BG one time. I don't remember how but I somehow ended up with Korg on attack. I honestly couldn't put a dent into my opponent no matter how hard I tried. It wasn't some crazy opponent that was hard to fight, Korg just suuuuuuucks.

But he is an amazing defender.

the worst part was... a hulk(og) and juggernaut were on both sides
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    Phenomenal defender that still holds up incredibly well even when the opponent has a good counter. Awful attacker unless you’re running a full synergy team
  • HulkbusternoHulkbusterno Member Posts: 49
    It is all good now. I now have a seven-star diablo and have achieved inner peace.