**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Real question

MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 177 ★★
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
Why is Magik OP? Doesnt Vision (AoU) do the same cheese stuff?

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,258 ★★★★★

Why is Magik OP? Doesnt Vision do the same cheese stuff?

Vision doesnt heal after a special, or get back 100% of a bar even if at 0 bars like magik can do u can remove 95% to a sp1 even at 0 if it was previously done so u can always hit sp2 before power lock is gone or before they get a bar its more cheesy than vision
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,019 ★★★★

Why is Magik OP? Doesnt Vision do the same cheese stuff?

I mean I see your point, it's just that magik deals quite a bit more damage and she can heal insane numbers with her limbo, so she's actually quite broken
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    Magik's ability to power lock and keep spamming sp2 is a crazy powerful ability. Imagine never having to face a defender's specials at all. Her ability to heal and do DOT damage while in limbo is another huge advantage. She will never be the fastest at killing the defender but the safest for sure. Unless there's a node that blocks her power lock, it's game over once you get to throw one special 2.
  • Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 177 ★★
    yeah, the regen from limbo might be the difference and the annoyance on defense as well but you see Swedeah using vision and it seems broken lol
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★
    I just ran though Rol and not a single special attack was thrown the entire run
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Blade was literally made the way he is to counter Magik.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    Limbo on Defense
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

And Dormammu at the time…
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★

Save for Blade was a trend back in the good old days. If you didn't have blade in AW , you were going to have a miserable time taking her down with anyone else. Blade at one time was the top desire champ, funny how things change. Presently she has more counters so it wouldn't be as bad if she is release now.
  • Options
    I don’t think she is OP. I can’t see any reason why Kabam won’t allow the 6*. Her damage over time isn’t anything like AA or AV with Scorpion Kraven synergy. Her health recovery isn’t the best and I’d say there are far better power control champs nether game. And there are already plenty nodes that would limit her effectiveness, power lock 1would make her pretty useless.

I can understand why they don’t like Quake but nerfing Quake would have just been a simple case of making any champion that doesn’t make contact with the ground immune to her aftershock, which is how it should of been the case anyway.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,532 ★★★★★

Save for Blade was a trend back in the good old days. If you didn't have blade in AW , you were going to have a miserable time taking her down with anyone else. Blade at one time was the top desire champ, funny how things change. Presently she has more counters so it wouldn't be as bad if she is release now.
    Archangel exists *
  • Options
    JohnTargaryenJohnTargaryen Posts: 106

Why is Magik OP? Doesnt Vision (AoU) do the same cheese stuff?

Cof cof pyslock
  • Options

Back in the day we maxed pacify and only pushed her to 1 bar of power and made sure she crossed it while stunned. Either that or use quake 😉