Options

What is the point of Battle Ground??

I took some time off from the game and when I came back this battleground thing is here, what’s the point of this event? I constantly am beat by over matched super buffed out opponents, I can’t use my top fighters and no matter the matchup I lose except for the occasional mercy win. I just went through two fights where my opponent didn’t loose even 1% of power while I was pummeled in less than a minute. Again what is the point of this event and why should I waste my time and credits to play?

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,250 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Reading the nodes will go a long way in helping you understand why you're not doing damage. Also BGs has some of the best rewards in the game atm

I applaud you for giving an actual answer to this question
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,820 ★★★★
    This meta was designed to welcome you back, that's the point they wanted to convey.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,283 ★★★★★

I took some time off from the game and when I came back this battleground thing is here, what’s the point of this event? I constantly am beat by over matched super buffed out opponents, I can’t use my top fighters and no matter the matchup I lose except for the occasional mercy win. I just went through two fights where my opponent didn’t loose even 1% of power while I was pummeled in less than a minute. Again what is the point of this event and why should I waste my time and credits to play?

The point is to let people read the node understanding your champions. So Hercules obviously doesn’t work
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,168 ★★★★★
    Why play the game if you don’t want to read the node?
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 317 ★★
    BG is the mode closest to direct PVP, which appeals to a lot of players; there’s very good rewards especially for getting more relics. The drafting system and the nodes are meant to really push thinking about your choice of champs; this season you need DOT or power gain, as you have power shield so basic attacks don’t deal damage, and polka dot power so basics also don’t gain power, but DOT debuffs generate some.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,313 ★★★★★
    Said you just came back, welcome. Battleground switches notes every month, so if you don't like this month, then maybe wait for next month. It has the best rewards in the game. It's also been out for 14 months. The competition gets easier as the weeks go by as more people climb up the tears. Good luck.