Options

Is anyone focusing on ranking up relics or they are just to increase combo ??

2»

Comments

• Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,801 ★★★★
    I rank up the ones that work really well with my champs (6* Venom relic for 7* Venom, Antman with my 7* piggy, BW with Black Cat, etc). Generally I prioritize 5 and 6* relics. I rank up 3 and 4* only if I have mats expiring. Mostly they are combo extenders.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,298 ★★★★★
    If I have the stuff for ranking AND I think it'll be useful (venom 5* relic on venom, 6* spidey99 and hulk on silk and hulk).
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,886 ★★★★★
    Maybe time to consider these in 2024.

• Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    My highest ranked are R3, and I'm not ranking anymore. They're too expensive. It costs 250,000 gold to R2 a 3*, 300,000 gold to R2 a 4*, 500,000 gold to R2 a 5*, and 750,000 to R2 a 6*. That's too much gold being spent, and not enough coming back in to my account due to lack of updated amount of gold availability in the game. And I'm not an arena grinder for gold, so no to that. Also, the Rank-Up store charges too much units for fully formed alloys. Fragments are few and just as costly, so that's not gonna cut it either. As long as they keep extending the combo and inflicting the stun, I'm good lol.

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,464 ★★★★★

Some are just combo extenders, some are more than that... like Mr Sinister, Hulkbuster, Winter solider...

Those relics won't be a combo extender if you use it with domino, nimrod and kate bishop respectively
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,629 ★★★★★
    Idek what ranking up relics do,
    So I use them just to combo
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,516 ★★★
    Ms marvel relic is good for sersi
  • Options
    Icy000Icy000 Posts: 274 ★★
    we're supposed to rank them up?
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    i ranked black widow, venom, green goblin, and thor so far, cz they're very good for the champs i have em on
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,583 ★★★★★
    I don't even know what a rank up does.

I'll do it if I have the stuff expiring. I don't even know what it is.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,820 ★★★★
    I rank them up to increase the champ ratings. When relices started i maxed some 3* and 4*. Currently i R1 5* and 6*, have couple of R2 6*.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    Icy000 said:

we're supposed to rank them up?

Nah , you can sell the 3* one for 1k units each.
  • Options

Ms marvel relic is good for sersi

I have that relic on Herc . Some nice damage boost.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,345 ★★★★
    I rank up 6* to the base level, some 5* relic to 2nd level, 4* to max, 3* to max.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 779 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    I have three 5* maxed (5r4), 4 6r2, 5 5r3, and more.

They are valuable at high tier BG for me. Hope to get more 6* relics.
  • Options
    MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Posts: 247 ★★★

• Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 584 ★★★
    i have hundreds of millions of gold and always have embers in overflow, so i rank them all if i have the alloys
  • Options
    Rohit_316 said:

Pretty much the title . If you guys are ranking up relic , which reclis have you found the best one to put resources on ??

I know couple people just use them as a safety net and to increase combo but they also help in building up prestige and gives some good advantage to the champ it is tied on.

The only relic i've ranked up is a 4 star thor relic that i put on Vox, besides that nothing
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,597 ★★★★★
    I do when I have embers expiring.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,095 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    I usually try to get my worthwhile awakened 5* relics up to r3, with awakened Hulk being r4, and so far I’ve only gotten 2 6* relics to r2, those being awakened Black Widow for my Black Cat, and Hulkbuster for my r3 Shuri.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,946 ★★★★★
    I find it annoying that you can't go back to your inventory to be able to make a right choice on ember selectors and such, so i stopped caring.
    If the rank up arrow shows i do it, but not really buying anything for it.
    Probably the reason why they stop new relics, although I would love for Kabam to re think and make new ones since having champs for AQ, War, Questing and BGs of various stars is needed.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Alloys are too expensive to obtain, the gold cost is absurd, I have no idea what alloys or what quantity of them are needed for each respective rarity and rank, and I don't know what the difference is for the relic by ranking them to be able to evaluate if it is worth all of the related costs (I would need to know all of the above information for all ranks before I would consider starting the process with anything other than expiring resources because why start it if you either can't get to the max rank or if where the max rank takes the relic isn't worth it).

Kabam did an absolutely abysmal job of explaining relics. The interface is not very intuitive in my opinion and it takes way too many clicks to switch them around between different champs for different questing teams and BGs. I know people who use relics that didn't even know that you should/could slot the runes in the relic screen.

Another thing that annoys me is the leveling with ember. I'm not exactly overflowing with embers but with the limited amount and limited "denominations" I almost always wind up having to waste a large amount at the end of the leveling process because it seems almost impossible to max level them without a relatively large excess for the last piece which just ticks me off each time.
  • Options

I usually try to get my worthwhile awakened 5* relics up to r3, with awakened Hulk being r4, and so far I’ve only gotten 2 6* relics to r2, those being awakened Black Widow for my Black Cat, and Hulkbuster for my r3 Shuri.

I am considering between Gamora relic or Thor relic on who to r2 . Both are 6 star relics . Gamora relic is on my 7* Gamora and Thor on my r5 max Hulkling.