Revive drop rate reduction and proposal for an alternative

GoodebGoodeb Member Posts: 15
edited January 9 in General Discussion
As everyone know, on January 10th drop rate of revives will be reducted, but for F2P players that solution is an absolute disaster. So, I want to make a propose to you to extend 20% revive amount for 40-60 instead of 20 in total. It won't help people to farm big amount of revives a day, but people will know, that they CAN farm and spend revives when they will be ready for that. Moreover,this farm of revives will take a lot of time. Are there any chances to think about this kind of proposal?

Comments

• ChazzingtonChazzington Member Posts: 8
    i hope they should give us more health potions, but eventually you dont need a lot of revives, new content is more easy , in this moment you use a lot of revives in necro only with aegon but if you have a good 7* rooster eventually you dont need it
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,409 ★★★★
    edited January 9
    The question you have to answer for Kabam, is why do players need more revives then they intend? 20 L1 Revives and 20 L2 Revives, plus whatever you may have in overflow on top of that, plus free crystals, is usually enough to tackle Non-Necropolis type content. The content Kabam designs is taking into account that 40+ revives that players may have for free.

Should Kabam completely restructure its revive program, just to account for the rare Necropolis content? Sure, holding 40 L1 and 40 L2 would be nice to have in reserve just for when these contents show up, but this:
    (1) Decreases the amount of money Kabam makes (from people not spending units to buy revives)
    (2) Trivializes content since a lot of players can just brute force revive it, and then be angry at Kabam that they have nothing to do.
    (3) Forces Kabam to create ever more difficult content that requires more revives, and have players be angry at Kabam that they are just creating content to get their money.

I realize that Players could care less about #1, but #2 and #3 do directly affect players. The current Revive economy is designed to fix the total number of revives a player has, so that content can be created to at least take that into account.

Other than being a player friendly move, there is no real reason for Kabam to increase the amount of revives available, and there are a ton of potentially negative consequences..

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,140 ★★★★★
    Kabam should rather buff unit droprates so that we can spend them on revs as well as deals.
    Not much, just asking a little buff or arenas, or a revamp.
  • Crow9074Crow9074 Member Posts: 72
    edited January 9
    If they raise it at all it would probably only be around +1-10 they don't want people hoarding revives to blow through future content. They are a business after all they probably get a good bit of income from revives alone. Things like Hercules and potion farms cut into those profits a lot. That's why the nerf on potions and the nodes/counters preventing Hercules's immortality. It sucks for the players but kinda has to be done from the business standpoint to keep the game going....I'd prefer a few more runs in the apothecary over the game being closed down.

If they add abit more chance at a revive in apothecary though that would be nice. Easy being only like a 1% chance is kind of pointless where it stands.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,471 ★★★★★
    Funny how F2P want the cake, the pie, the cookies, and all the toppings...
    Spend units on revives, if you spend too much you shouldn't be doing that content anyway.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,371 ★★★★
    Good idea
    But...

Kabam did Necropolis for Summoner's fun, but of course, nobody here is naive.
    They did to everyone spent units in revives and other things , and more desperate ones will...buy 💰
    Simple as that...👍
  • GoodebGoodeb Member Posts: 15
    edited January 9

Spend units on revives, if you spend too much you shouldn't be doing that content anyway.

Hmm, all the time I've thought that people pay for something in a game in 2 reasons:
    1) Become more powerful.
    2) To beat a content that they can't beat without any spends.
    So tell me, who is the funniest one? :blush:
    I don't think that you understant what am I asking for. If you donate - you can donate. I won't bother you. I do donate too. But the kind of content like Abbys,Necropolis should be beat by every player in a game. At least people need to get a chance. So, anyway, how will 20% revive increasing bother people that donate? Not in any way.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    edited January 9
    You're a bit late to the party, mate. This went through countless discussions multiple times. Needless to say, this isn't a convincing enough argument to entice me (or Kabam) to make much of a comment.

Edit: Eating my own words, but I can't not comment on "the kind of content like Abbys,Necropolis should be beat by every player in a game." This is just ridiculously untrue. First, many players don't enjoy this form of content. It is not built for every player to beat, or even get close to in the first year or two of playing the game unless they whale out or spend massive amounts of time learning the game. By the time much of the current player base (eg ~50%) gets to the roster/skill level that allows for reasonable Necropolis exploration, they will likely either get bored with the game, or the rewards (much like Abyss for the last year or two) will have become a rather poor incentive for them to want to pursue Necropolis. It is specifically aimed at the very endgame accounts that have little to no permanent content left in the game.

You're a bit late to the party, mate. This went through countless discussions multiple times. Needless to say, this isn't a convincing enough argument to draw me (or Kabam) to make much of a comment.

It's ok, at least this discussion caught your attention.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

As everyone know, on January 10th drop rate of revives will be reducted, but for F2P players that solution is an absolute disaster. So, I want to make a propose to you to extend 20% revive amount for 40-60 instead of 20 in total. It won't help people to farm big amount of revives a day, but people will know, that they CAN farm and spend revives when they will be ready for that. Moreover,this farm of revives will take a lot of time. Are there any chances to think about this kind of proposal?

You have options already-
    1. Apocathy
    2. Arena for units.
    3. MEQ lower difficulty for units.

People have to get used to the idea that units can/will be used for buying revives. It's how it was before farming was a thing.
    1. Apocathy can give you 1 revive a day (with a liiiitle chance to get more). It isn't a big amount of revives a day to become an unbeatable an any difficult content.
    2. not every person have anough time to play arena tbh. Not me, I play arena constantly, just a fact.
    3. Same as arena.
    Can you fill me in on how you don't have time to do arena but can farm act content for revives?
    Goodeb said:

Hmm, all the time I've thought that people pay for something in a game in 2 reasons:
    1) Become more powerful.
    I don't think that you understant what am I asking for. If you donate - you can donate. I won't bother you. I do donate too. But the kind of content like Abbys,Necropolis should be beat by every player in a game. At least people need to get a chance. So, anyway, how will 20% revive increasing bother people that donate? Not in any way.
    1) Become more powerful benefits you, if you are so powerful why do you need the revives genius?
    2) The game is not designed for you to complete for free and then use units to buy everything you want. Oh yeah btw they are going to charge you for Raids too.. chances are most ACTIVE F2P won't have much to spend for "Free" on 4th of July or CM

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

1. Apocathy
    2. Arena for units.

People have to get used to the idea that units can/will be used for buying revives. It's how it was before farming was a thing.
    1. Apocathy can give you 1 revive a day (with a liiiitle chance to get more). It isn't a big amount of revives a day to become an unbeatable an any difficult content.
    2. not every person have anough time to play arena tbh. Not me, I play arena constantly, just a fact.
    3. Same as arena.
    Can you fill me in on how you don't have time to do arena but can farm act content for revives?
    There is a thing called prioritization. To answer in more detail: people better spend time to farm revives but do not play arena. In 1-2 hours of playing arena you can get about 200-250 units, that equils 5 -6 40% revives, but farming can give you 20+ revives at the same time. People choose farming above arena. Now, a lot of players can't do this. Arena is the only way to get enought amount of revives. Tell you again, I do play arena, it is not a problem to me. Just as a fact
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Goodeb said:

You're a bit late to the party, mate. This went through countless discussions multiple times. Needless to say, this isn't a convincing enough argument to draw me (or Kabam) to make much of a comment.

It's ok, at least this discussion caught your attention.
    Terrible response.
    Goodeb said:

1) Become more powerful.
    Those pieces of content can be beaten by everyone in the game... in time. For some of you, it will take longer. The reason why Necropolis has ungodly health pools and a timer is because people revive their way through it without even thinking. What's the point in making challenging content if all you're going to do is throw revives at it until the fights over. Even worse, it's unlimited revives if farming continues.

Your progression will ALWAYS be slower than anyone who spends. You'll need to strategize paths more than spenders but everything can be done.. in time. Just because you're free to play doesn't mean you automatically need to have everything given to you.
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 243 ★★
    Apothecary gives a revive a day.. you have daily objective that give another a day with 25 units.. one gives 20% and the other gives 40%.. in a month you can get at least 60 revives without farming arena or lower EQ.. y'all be acting as if you should get 100 revives a day.
    If you can't complete content with that much revives then it's either you're using low rank champs to do content or you suck at the game
    Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

1. Apocathy
    2. Arena for units.

3. Same as arena.
    There is a thing called prioritization. To answer in more detail: people better spend time to farm revives but do not play arena. In 1-2 hours of playing arena you can get about 200-250 units, that equils 5 -6 40% revives, but farming can give you 20+ revives at the same time. People choose farming above arena. Now, a lot of players can't do this. Arena is the only way to get enought amount of revives. Tell you again, I do play arena, it is not a problem to me. Just as a fact
    You're wrong but you're not going to admit it.
    Its a free to play game, not a free to get everything you want game....
    Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

1) Become more powerful.
    Those pieces of content can be beaten by everyone in the game... in time. For some of you, it will take longer. The reason why Necropolis has ungodly health pools and a timer is because people revive their way through it without even thinking. What's the point in making challenging content if all you're going to do is throw revives at it until the fights over. Even worse, it's unlimited revives if farming continues.

Your progression will ALWAYS be slower than anyone who spends. You'll need to strategize paths more than spenders but everything can be done.. in time. Just because you're free to play doesn't mean you automatically need to have everything given to you.
    I didn't say that every player need to beat Necropolis on it's release. I said that every player SHOULD beat Necropolis OR get a chance. There is no discussion about who donates more/less, there is no discussion about give us more revives a day, there is no discussion about difficulty content like Abbys/Necropolis. There is just a response to expand the revives amount. This thing can't bother anyone. How does it bother someone when you can't farm something by the previous way, and to get you revives full you need to spend a whole month? smh
    It bothers the company not profitting lol.

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

1) Become more powerful.

I didn't say that every player need to beat Necropolis on it's release. I said that every player SHOULD beat Necropolis OR get a chance. There is no discussion about who donates more/less, there is no discussion about give us more revives a day, there is no discussion about difficulty content like Abbys/Necropolis. There is just a response to expand the revives amount. This thing can't bother anyone. How does it bother someone when you can't farm something by the previous way, and to get you revives full you need to spend a whole month? smh
    I would say the same thing but not when you need whe whole day to get 1 revive from apocathy :/

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

1. Apocathy
    2. Arena for units.

3. Same as arena.
    You're wrong but you're not going to admit it.
    Bro, a will admit every detailed answer, but not this. I told u, that for some peolple it was better to farm 20+ 20% revives in 2 hours than get 5-6 40% revives. It's a fact as it is.
    Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

1) Become more powerful.

I would say the same thing but not when you need whe whole day to get 1 revive from apocathy :/
    You don't make any sense.
    Also they dont come up with an abyss or necropolist every week... Learn to manage your resources and if needed spend some of the free units. F2P doesnt mean get everything YOU WANT FOR FREE.
    CM and 4th deals were not designed for players to save units for 6 months to buy them, they were designed so people who buy the deals use the bought units right back.
    The main problem of reduction was the AMOUNT OF REVIVES YOU CAN FARM. Not the amount of revives you can save for yourself
    Goodeb said:

The main problem of reduction was the AMOUNT OF REVIVES YOU CAN FARM. Not the amount of revives you can save for yourself

You can buy them with units if you REALLY REALLY want to do the content.
    edited January 9

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

1) Become more powerful.

Also they dont come up with an abyss or necropolist every week... Learn to manage your resources and if needed spend some of the free units. F2P doesnt mean get everything YOU WANT FOR FREE.
    CM and 4th deals were not designed for players to save units for 6 months to buy them, they were designed so people who buy the deals use the bought units right back.
    Just show me where did I say that F2P want something for free? I'm not a F2P, I beat difficult content by myself with not a big unit spending, but I didn't say that I want something for free. It seems that the only thing you like to do is just a trashtalk, nothing more. If I would ask for something free I would propose - "Give us 5 revivese a day, also 100 unith to buy 2 more". Thats would be disgusting. But extend for 10-20 more slots won't kill the game.
    Edit: When does te discussion goes to 4th July deals? There is nothing about it in the discussion bro...
    Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

Goodeb said:

1) Become more powerful.

Just show me where did I say that F2P want something for free? I'm not a F2P, I beat difficult content by myself with not a big unit spending, but I didn't say that I want something for free. It seems that the only thing you like to do is just a trashtalk, nothing more. If I would ask for something free I would propose - "Give us 5 revivese a day, also 100 unith to buy 2 more". Thats would be disgusting. But extend for 10-20 more slots won't kill the game.
    So you want 20 more slots so you can hoard free revives and use them on content AND NOT BUY MORE REVIVES IF NEEDED. How is that not asking for free stuff.. lol