**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Raid ticket cost is insane

So let me get this straight; we're running map 7 in AQ. So We'll get 7 tickets on 4 days and in 3 weeks that makes 84 tickets in total. The cost being 180 tickets the remaining 96 tickets would cost:
768 units or
96,000 artifacts or
7,200 glory or
192,000 loyalty

Or some mix and match of that.
Why oh god why do you guys always insist on people spending stuff for participating? This is absolutely an abomination and the cost should be nerfed immediately.

Comments

• Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,269 ★★★★★
    Were you not around when AQ costs tickets? And these tickets could be bought with multiple currencies. This is nothing new to the game.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★
    Yes, Kabam has realized people don't do much other than farm for CM and 4th...
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    This mod itself is already proving bad bad it is. Too complicated, too much effort, the cost to participate is ridiculous and the cost to revive your champs out of the free ones they give
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    I thought Kabam had mentioned somewhere that RAIDS would be FREE this first time ??

Or is it just that they were giving us enough Raid Tickets (180) to be able to do one without purchasing anything this time ?

Free, but getting 180 (basically to use for Next Month) would have been nicer. 😀

I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna be using (aka wasting) their 180 this month, before the alliance has a good grasp of what needs to be done in inside of them.
    Champ selection, path organization, etc, etc
    And so are gonna be forced into buying more next month which may be the REAL first time of fully doing them.
  • Options

I thought Kabam had mentioned somewhere that RAIDS would be FREE this first time ??

Or is it just that they were giving us enough Raid Tickets (180) to be able to do one without purchasing anything this time ?

Free, but getting 180 (basically to use for Next Month) would have been nicer. 😀

I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna be using (aka wasting) their 180 this month, before the alliance has a good grasp of what needs to be done in inside of them.
    And so are gonna be forced into buying more next month which may be the REAL first time of fully doing them.

Yeah 1st round is free... I guess a lot will be wasted to actually understand the mode successfully. I do agree that 2 free rounds would have been a more sensitive for people to adjust.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian

Yeah 1st round is free... I guess a lot will be wasted to actually understand the mode successfully. I do agree that 2 free rounds would have been a more sensitive for people to adjust.
    That's my point. If it is “FREE”, then it shouldn’t be charging anyone those 180 ticket cost next week.
  • Options

That's my point. If it is “FREE”, then it shouldn’t be charging anyone those 180 ticket cost next week.
    I get u.. but more than "free" I do believe they said "1st round is on us" on stream lol
  • Options

MiniMF said:

u have to buy it once a month... plus you can use different currencies buying it 33% with glory / 33% loyalty / 33% artifacts unless u saving a particular currency its not THAT expensive.

Paying to access stuff is good, learn to manage ressources better

What an awful take my guy. Learning to manage resources has nothing to do with this. I just don't want to waste them on something like this when I want to save up say my glory for rank up materials, artifacts on 7* crystals, loyalty on 7* Crystal. Why would I participate in raids then at all since the main reward is 7500 shards of 7* crystal shards? It doesn't make any sense to use those resources on this.
    Use your units then... Oh right u probably wanna save them for CM or 4th... Well

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    I've no problem with a ticket cost, as such.

The question is, are the rewards worth it?

In rounds 1, the tickets have been handed out for free, and the rewards have been boosted. Not that I'm meaning to complain about that; but we need to be aware that we aren't going to get a reasonable perspective, this first time around.

Ordinarily, it sounds like 2-2.5 months running Map 6-7 four times a week, in order to play at the end of the third month in Raids. That's a fair bit of grinding to be able to play incredibly complicated content, where you're 100% guaranteed to die repeatedly (since the setup means instant death after taking 10% of the bosses' health.

Given the unavoidable grind, and unsatisfying end, I'm inclined to hope that the (usual) rewards are tuned down way too low, allowing new and my alliance-mates (@Moosetiptronic ) to skip Raids for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    @Magrailothos perceptive as usual!

On reflection, this looks like yet another mode that's probably targeted at those in the top 100 and the map 7/8 early movers from yesteryear.

Probably worth waiting 6-12 months until they reformat it, to take part meaningfully.

Try next week anyway? Would be nice, if you could mix normal AQ and raids in that final week.
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 116

MiniMF said:

u have to buy it once a month... plus you can use different currencies buying it 33% with glory / 33% loyalty / 33% artifacts unless u saving a particular currency its not THAT expensive.

What an awful take my guy. Learning to manage resources has nothing to do with this. I just don't want to waste them on something like this when I want to save up say my glory for rank up materials, artifacts on 7* crystals, loyalty on 7* Crystal. Why would I participate in raids then at all since the main reward is 7500 shards of 7* crystal shards? It doesn't make any sense to use those resources on this.
    Use your units then... Oh right u probably wanna save them for CM or 4th... Well

But you might find that you get what you need. (Mick)
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    Sheesh might be able to play it once every 2 months
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    If people don't like the cost for raids, then maybe the content isn't for you, it is after all optional.
  • Options
    Player: Oh noooo raid cost is too much!! KABAM is crazy!!
    Also...
    Player: omg I opened 10 Paragon crystals and got 10 4*s!!! Rng is fixed!!
    Also...
    Player: Thank you CM deals I got 2 champs I wanted!!
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian

MiniMF said:

Realistically, 7k glory spent on raids gets you more rewards than spending it in the glory store until the glory store gets an update. You also don't even know what's in the 3 treasure chest nodes you get along with the raid yet.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

MiniMF said:

Realistically, 7k glory spent on raids gets you more rewards than spending it in the glory store until the glory store gets an update. You also don't even know what's in the 3 treasure chest nodes you get along with the raid yet.
    This is exactly what I’m telling my ally mates.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Glory store is bleh for paragon+, just save it for raids
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    My Glory is for buying iso kabam hasn't been bothered to make more available in other areas of the game