**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts about "ECHO" show and would you like to see Maya in MCOC ?

I have been watching "ECHO" lately and noticed how cool her character is so I asked myself if we could see her entering the Contest soon (maybe this year)... What are you thoughts about this ?

Thoughts about "ECHO" show and would you like to see Maya in MCOC ? 36 votes

Loved the show and want to see the character in MCOC
22%
BitterSteelHeinz11ShaggyMCaptainaidendfmoore26djr17EdisonLawKingSkeletor 8 votes
Loved the show but don't want to see the character in MCOC
5%
HaudraufwienixThokk150 2 votes
Didn't like the show and want to see the character in MCOC
2%
Rockypantherx 1 vote
Didn't like the show and don't want to see the character in MCOC
25%
Maverick75HendrossZsirhcZAleorEakomolaserjohn26Ioniqus_797ElwindAthos69 9 votes
Haven't watched the show and want to see the character in MCOC
16%
ShadowstrikeRockSlydeJJBoy19SilentArisVivesectorJLordVileJ 6 votes
Haven't watched the show and don't want to see the character in MCOC
19%
captain_rogersGogiCharlie21540Bombyoxp21WarlockjrDerpyEagle 7 votes
No opinion
8%
Sachhyam257Shock29Azenstar 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    KingSkeletorKingSkeletor Posts: 112
    ahmynuts said:

These poll options are terrible wtf

Haha I didn't have much inspiration tbh
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,990 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

ahmynuts said:

What option would you like to add? The poll itself is fine
    It's either "I loved it" or "i didn't like it" there's no in between like "It was alright but still would be cool to see her" or something. Everytime someone makes a poll on here it's so binary without any wiggle room
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,971 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Didn’t watch the show and have no opinion on the characters… because I didn’t watch the show
  • Options
    KingSkeletorKingSkeletor Posts: 112
    ahmynuts said:

Aleor said:

ahmynuts said:

It's either "I loved it" or "i didn't like it" there's no in between like "It was alright but still would be cool to see her" or something. Everytime someone makes a poll on here it's so binary without any wiggle room
    It's because some people might loved the show (I don't want to spoil witch part) but don't like Maya for some reason. To make it clearer to you : You might have hated Ant-Man Quantumania but you love Ant-Man.

I hope I answered your question :wink:
  • Options
    The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Posts: 131

I have been watching "ECHO" lately and noticed how cool her character is so I asked myself if we could see her entering the Contest soon (maybe this year)... What are you thoughts about this ?

I liked parts of the show but thought Kingpin was a little lacking. Maya probably wouldn't be that interesting in mcoc.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Aleor said:

ahmynuts said:

It's because some people might loved the show (I don't want to spoil witch part) but don't like Maya for some reason. To make it clearer to you : You might have hated Ant-Man Quantumania but you love Ant-Man.

I hope I answered your question :wink:
    What if i thought quantumania was alright and didn't love it or hate but still loved antman. Theres no option for that
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    Maya was such a dumb character in my opinion
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I don't mind the actor, but I am just baffled that Marvel was so sure that people would be interested in her character that they announced her TV show before her episodes in Kate Bishop even dropped. Seemed like overconfidence for a character that just felt like she was shoehorned into a show to get you to watch the next series. But it's also difficult for her to stand out in a show that has several lead heroes and several lead villains who are all more well known than her.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,758 ★★★★★
    edited January 12
    I really liked the show and certainly wouldn't mind seeing her in the Contest. However, I wasn't too fond of them giving her a
    mystic power boost.
    I don't know if that's how she is in the comics but based on what I saw in the Hawkeye show, I thought she'd just be a really skilled fighter who happened to be deaf. I wanted her to be kind of the deaf equivalent to Daredevil. One of the coolest things with his Netflix show was seeing how he compensates for his lack of a sense. I think the Echo show did a great job showcasing her blindness and the culture around that whenever she wasn't fighting, but it never felt like it informed much of her fight scenes. Instead, they gave her some
    mystical powers
    to carry the big action scene at the end. I don't know, it just didn't jive with what I thought her character to be.

Basically, I'd want her to be
    a Skill champion, not a Mystic one
    if she comes to the game.

Edit: Dang, those spoiler tags really messed up my formatting. Oh well. I figured I'd put them there since the show just launched and I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't binged it yet.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,395 ★★★★★
    I personally voted for her last year as skill also would have something with daredevil and even now want her as i still think she be fun and for show i enjoyed it and want more of that
  • Options
    MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★
    Warlockjr said:

Deaf AND dumb 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

I really liked the show and certainly wouldn't mind seeing her in the Contest. However, I wasn't too fond of them giving her a

mystic power boost.
    I don't know if that's how she is in the comics but based on what I saw in the Hawkeye show, I thought she'd just be a really skilled fighter who happened to be deaf. I wanted her to be kind of the deaf equivalent to Daredevil. One of the coolest things with his Netflix show was seeing how he compensates for his lack of a sense. I think the Echo show did a great job showcasing her blindness and the culture around that whenever she wasn't fighting, but it never felt like it informed much of her fight scenes. Instead, they gave her some
    mystical powers
    to carry the big action scene at the end. I don't know, it just didn't jive with what I thought her character to be.

Edit: Dang, those spoiler tags really messed up my formatting. Oh well. I figured I'd put them there since the show just launched and I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't binged it yet.
    She's deaf not blind
  • Options
    Bendy said:

I personally voted for her last year as skill also would have something with daredevil and even now want her as i still think she be fun and for show i enjoyed it and want more of that

She could've been the only character immune to Howard's sfx even with game sound turned on
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Bendy said:

She could've been the only character immune to Howard's sfx even with game sound turned on
    This needs to be an easter egg. Or, she mutes the opponent's SFX and you just get a lo-fi or background version of the typical game soundtrack while playing her.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Bendy said:

No whenever the opponent makes a sound while getting hit, like shouts or cries, the opponent takes a little direct damage.
    While champs like venom who don't have any sound, will be immune to this ability.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Haven't watched the show and want to see the character in MCOC
    Ercarret said:

mystic power boost.
    mystical powers

from what I know, comic echo is what u said, a really good deaf fighter. There was sa part where she got the phoenix's powers but I don't think it had anything to do with that
  • Options

Warlockjr said:

Deaf AND dumb 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
    Yelena better
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,046 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

mystic power boost.
    mystical powers

It seems that for the Echo TV series, they leaned heavily into her Native American heritage. In the comics, she's more like Taskmaster than someone with mystical powers.

I feel like they took her Phoenix Force arc and used that to portray her connection to her ancestors in the TV series.
  • Options
    Warlockjr said:

If you haven't watched the show, how can you even have that opinion? She's quite the character in the comics. She's different than the TV series but that's how much of the MCU is. I thought they did a decent job with the series. Given that we had a OG Native character in November and how Kabam paid respects to the true heritage, Marvel did an amazing job with portraying her Native background.
  • Options

Warlockjr said:

If you haven't watched the show, how can you even have that opinion? She's quite the character in the comics. She's different than the TV series but that's how much of the MCU is. I thought they did a decent job with the series. Given that we had a OG Native character in November and how Kabam paid respects to the true heritage, Marvel did an amazing job with portraying her Native background.
    she was in hawkeye right?
  • Options
    Warlockjr said:

Warlockjr said:

Yes she was but without any background of her character at all.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    I didn't love or hate the show. It was fine.

I think the entirety of the show was just a way to convey,
    "Hey Kingpin isn't dead and he's running for Mayor."

If they find a way to work Maya into future projects, maybe they'll make her more interesting. TBH, her mother would have made a more interesting character than her.
  • Options

Warlockjr said:

Warlockjr said:

Yes she was but without any background of her character at all.
    maybe ill watch the show